Week of Gaming - Week of ...well, last week

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Edited By birchman

So basically, since I am too tired to write reviews at night, and at night is when I feel like doing it, I decided to just share a few words about games I have been playing throughout the week, and also give a lil' rant about games which I want, but I don't have yet. So, here goes:

Played Games

World of Warcraft (Trying out a PvP spec)
Throughout all the years I have been playing World of Warcraft, I have never had a pure PvP spec. Last night I wrote personal history by spending some of my unneeded Emblems of Valor and saved up honor on getting me some pieces of a PvP gear set for rogues, and also a couple of daggers, trying out a mutilate spec. I have been heard saying that I would NEVER, EVER become a mutilate rogue, but I guess I am kind of stuck of it. It's fun killing people fast in BG, and that's that.

Eternal Sonata
A game which I never really got into when I bought it (due to playing it too late and really not understanding any of the simple game mechanics), but after playing it some this week I can really see myself playing more of it when I don't have another pile of games waiting.

Fable II (With DLC!)
Downloaded some DLC for Fable 2 since it was cheap last week, and boy, I had forgotten how extremely beautiful this game is! It consumed some days of my week, and I have to say that it was money well spent on those DLC's. Fun things to do and some new achievements, can't get better. However, back to its ordinary pricing now.

Call of Duty : World at War
A game I really thought I could get into, but I just can't. I really enjoyed the Russian campaign until I had to get into those damned tanks (which I guess went okay eventuallly), and the Marines campaign is just assy. I know I've read that people call this "World of Grenades" or something like that, and man, it's too true. I mean there is barely any chance of avoiding a dozen grenades when standing in a narrow trench. Seriously. And crazy bastards running with bayonets isn't doing the whole thing easier. Though, the feeling is still great and the game in itself isn't bad, it's just so goddamn tedious at times. And I still haven't tried out the multiplayer (tried out the beta back in the days, but none of this real action), but I guess I can get into that when done with the singleplayer. IF, I get done with the singleplayer.

Upcoming Purchases

The Sims 3
Dude, I want this game badly. I'm gonna be a lazy-ass clerk, playing guitar in his free time, and gonna become a rock-star, yo! Come to think of it, sounds like me for real, but I guess I don't have a job. Bummer.

Battlefield 1943
This looks really good, and I have never disliked Battlefield multiplayer, so only good things can come out of this. Hope to pick it up next week, and maybe then it will be part of my weekly gaming rant.

Well, I've had thunderstorms all day, which has kept me off the internet quite a lot, but I hope that wherever you are, you have the perfect weather and a good week, so, laters. DUDE!

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By birchman

So basically, since I am too tired to write reviews at night, and at night is when I feel like doing it, I decided to just share a few words about games I have been playing throughout the week, and also give a lil' rant about games which I want, but I don't have yet. So, here goes:

Played Games

World of Warcraft (Trying out a PvP spec)
Throughout all the years I have been playing World of Warcraft, I have never had a pure PvP spec. Last night I wrote personal history by spending some of my unneeded Emblems of Valor and saved up honor on getting me some pieces of a PvP gear set for rogues, and also a couple of daggers, trying out a mutilate spec. I have been heard saying that I would NEVER, EVER become a mutilate rogue, but I guess I am kind of stuck of it. It's fun killing people fast in BG, and that's that.

Eternal Sonata
A game which I never really got into when I bought it (due to playing it too late and really not understanding any of the simple game mechanics), but after playing it some this week I can really see myself playing more of it when I don't have another pile of games waiting.

Fable II (With DLC!)
Downloaded some DLC for Fable 2 since it was cheap last week, and boy, I had forgotten how extremely beautiful this game is! It consumed some days of my week, and I have to say that it was money well spent on those DLC's. Fun things to do and some new achievements, can't get better. However, back to its ordinary pricing now.

Call of Duty : World at War
A game I really thought I could get into, but I just can't. I really enjoyed the Russian campaign until I had to get into those damned tanks (which I guess went okay eventuallly), and the Marines campaign is just assy. I know I've read that people call this "World of Grenades" or something like that, and man, it's too true. I mean there is barely any chance of avoiding a dozen grenades when standing in a narrow trench. Seriously. And crazy bastards running with bayonets isn't doing the whole thing easier. Though, the feeling is still great and the game in itself isn't bad, it's just so goddamn tedious at times. And I still haven't tried out the multiplayer (tried out the beta back in the days, but none of this real action), but I guess I can get into that when done with the singleplayer. IF, I get done with the singleplayer.

Upcoming Purchases

The Sims 3
Dude, I want this game badly. I'm gonna be a lazy-ass clerk, playing guitar in his free time, and gonna become a rock-star, yo! Come to think of it, sounds like me for real, but I guess I don't have a job. Bummer.

Battlefield 1943
This looks really good, and I have never disliked Battlefield multiplayer, so only good things can come out of this. Hope to pick it up next week, and maybe then it will be part of my weekly gaming rant.

Well, I've had thunderstorms all day, which has kept me off the internet quite a lot, but I hope that wherever you are, you have the perfect weather and a good week, so, laters. DUDE!

ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ElectricHaggis

You know, I've actually just made it to Outland in WoW, after having played the game on and off for two years...

Indeed, the campaign in CoD: WaW was sort of tedious, even on normal.  The AI's tendency to overuse grenades is what stopped me attempting to play through the game on veteran.

Shigginator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Shigginator

World at War is pretty chaotic, I'll give ya that. What really stands out on that game is the Nazi Zombies ;)

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By birchman

@Shigginator: And that is the truth..Didn't try out the nazi zombies, I might just do that today.

@ElectricHaggis: Ah...Outland is actually my least favourite of the areas. I love the old areas, and Northrend is just awesome.  I went down to Recruit on the last missions because I just wanted to complete it, but I found myself standing in piles of what could be like 3 active grenades in the last Marines map, which is just sick.

Daryl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Daryl

I really do not enjoy Nazi Zombies. I remember playing through the campaign after a somewhat lackluster finale but it was alright to then be greeted with some random, crazy ass zombie shit.

spiredcrescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By spiredcrescent

I enjoyed everything about WAW except for the competetive multiplayer i liked COD 4 better.  I did however love the online co-op and Nazi Zombies

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By birchman

@Daryl : It does feel like a bit unserious, and that kind of removes a lot of the serious nature CoD always had with me. But then again, I haven't tried it yet.

@spiredcrescent : I really didn't enjoy the multiplayer nowadays since I realized that every other map is a DLC map and it kicks me out of the game.

bretthancock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By bretthancock

I really like Eternal Sonata.  It's really simple and the areas leave almost zero for exploration but it's an addicting little game.  I should pick it up again.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By birchman
@bretthancock: I'm really looking foward to see how the game develops.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By Absurd

Hmmm, I never had any problems with grenades when I played through WaW. I actually enjoyed the campaign.

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By birchman
@Absurd:  Really? Well, the grenades were actually the only thing I sort of disliked. But then again, it is the most brutal war we've ever had, and I guess they really did catch the feeling of that you didn't survive very long in the battlefield. :P
Avatar image for deactivated-5b04117c9080d
deactivated-5b04117c9080d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn rogues! lol

birchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By birchman
@DazbotAthertron:  Haha, indeed! ^^
Clbull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#14  Edited By Clbull

I'm not a big fan of Fable 2. It feels less focused on the storyline than the original, and more on the open world there is to explore.