Weekly Checkpoint: April 9th, 2010

Mr_Twip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

Edited By Mr_Twip

I'm such a achivement whore, it's nuts.  I'm starting this blog for Giants Bombs new Quest system.  But hey, maybe I'll keep it going each week.

I realized that I never beat Perfect Dark as a kid.  The last two missions were all new to me, although they were alot easier than the Institute mission.  I've also forgotten how damn hard the challenges are.  Those damn Expert Sims kill you instantly, its bull shit.  Still, alot left to do with this game, and for someone who played the original, the game still holds up.  Don't know if I would recommend it to younger players who missed out on the N64 days, but it seems to hold up.  Played a bit of League of Legends, like every week.  Trying out some new Champs, including Warwic and Shen.  As I close in on lvl 30, I wonder if the addictiveness of the game will wear off.  Still, I've only sampled a handful of champs, so I could always keep moving around.  If Riot keeps adding new ones at the rate they are now, there should be plenty of game to play for a while.  Also played some Left 4 Dead 2, but that game is really only fun with people you know.  I will say, I was among those who were not trilled about the sequal to L4D, but Valve really did add a hell of a lot of content in this thing.  The characters are not as good as the original, but the new DLC that connects the two storylines sounds interesting at the very least.

Mr_Twip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Mr_Twip

I'm such a achivement whore, it's nuts.  I'm starting this blog for Giants Bombs new Quest system.  But hey, maybe I'll keep it going each week.

I realized that I never beat Perfect Dark as a kid.  The last two missions were all new to me, although they were alot easier than the Institute mission.  I've also forgotten how damn hard the challenges are.  Those damn Expert Sims kill you instantly, its bull shit.  Still, alot left to do with this game, and for someone who played the original, the game still holds up.  Don't know if I would recommend it to younger players who missed out on the N64 days, but it seems to hold up.  Played a bit of League of Legends, like every week.  Trying out some new Champs, including Warwic and Shen.  As I close in on lvl 30, I wonder if the addictiveness of the game will wear off.  Still, I've only sampled a handful of champs, so I could always keep moving around.  If Riot keeps adding new ones at the rate they are now, there should be plenty of game to play for a while.  Also played some Left 4 Dead 2, but that game is really only fun with people you know.  I will say, I was among those who were not trilled about the sequal to L4D, but Valve really did add a hell of a lot of content in this thing.  The characters are not as good as the original, but the new DLC that connects the two storylines sounds interesting at the very least.