Weekly Wiki Update - Saturday, July 5th 2014.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Edited By bobafettjm

Got the old weekly wiki update up a tad late this week, but it is up. I am not about halfway through my crazy summer schedule so I look forward to being able to really dig back into the wiki soon. This week I also got a little side-tracked by playing through Wolfenstein: The New Order on the fourth.

This week I did do a little more than the last couple of weeks. I did the usual Steam Trading Card duty, but also found some empty pages that needed some information that I filled in.

Steam Trading Cards

I ended up not adding most of the Steam Trading Cards games until today (Saturday). I spent at least a couple of hours working through all the games that got cards added. The amount of games adding cards each week seems to be not slowing down any time soon. I am now adding 20+ games to the list of Trading Cards every week, with some weeks being even more.

One good thing to come out of this though is that I am regularly running into pages that have already been created but are completely barren of any kind of information. As always here is a list of games that I had to add:

So that is it for another week of updates for what I have been up to on the wiki. I am sorry for this pretty much being similar each week for the last few, but I should only have a few more to go before I can get back to setting real goals and having themes each week. I am not sure if anyone is even still really reading these, but I am going to keep on doing them. Without doing these I feel like with the long days I would fall behind on even working on the Steam Trading Cards.

As always, what have all of you been up to?

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

Out of curiosity, what's your wiki editing process like? Do you play a game before writing about it? Do you have a routine with the wiki?

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@finaldasa: It really depends on what I am doing on a page. If I am going for fully filling out a page I will try and beat the game first, or at least play a good chunk of it.

Right now with my limited amount of time I am just trying to keep track of what games get Steam Trading Cards added to them and make sure they all have a page and have the concept linked.

Sometimes I will also give myself a theme or some goals in areas that I see need some help and go for those. I try and mix it up a bit as to not burn myself out.

riostarwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 206

User Lists: 62

#3  Edited By riostarwind  Moderator

The ever sporadic wiki editor has returned with a much less filled out page than last time since I pretty much only started filling it out today. XBLAZE Code: Embryo I'll most likely spend a good amount of time adding in details about the colorful cast of characters tomorrow.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobafettjm: Ah ok, makes sense. On Screened I usually only did in-depth with something I had seen and used wikipedia to refresh my memory. It's harder with GB since games can't be watched in 2 hours. I am surprised, on occasion, by certain pages that are still left nearly blank.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@riostarwind: Wow that is pretty interesting, I had no idea there was a visual novel entry in the BlazBlue series, crazy.

@finaldasa: It seems like I run into pages all the time that surprise me that they are completely empty. I can't really say much though considering I spend hours sometimes on pages like Arthur's Absolutely Fun Day.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bobafettjm: Haha fantastic! It's finding pages like that which make wikis so awesome. Anyone could do Halo, but only a truly crazy person could do a Gameboy Color Arthur game. :D

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

This week, I spent some time tinkering on the Hyrule Warriors pages to clean a few details up and updated some other related pages along with it. My biggest work this week, however, was doing a major clean-up job on the page for Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar. The information it dispensed was also loaded with subjective commentary and a general lack of detail and organization. It could easily use more editing to be even better, but it's a major step up from where it was, so I consider that a net win. Especially when comparing the game's page to the current state of the page for Ultima V. Oh, geez.

I have a friend that is a hardcore Ultima fan and she would probably be a major help on those wiki pages, but I doubt that wiki editing is something she's particularly interested in.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: Oh man the formatting on that Ultima V page is pretty bad.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel: Oh man the formatting on that Ultima V page is pretty bad.

"Great graphics for that time"

A spectacular image caption if there ever was one.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

All I did was update Airtight Games's page to note that they had shut down.

Haven't done much lately and sorry missed your last few blogs. Notifications are busted yet again.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@slag: Yea I think it has been broken for a while.

Mento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 212

#12 Mento  Moderator

You know me. SNES stuff. The usual. Turns out the last four months of 1993 saw as many game releases as the first eight months, so even though I'm near the end of September there's still well over a hundred pages left to work on.

We really need to get this broken notification business sorted. I'm still waiting for this LP blog of mine to get a single comment so I can get around the double post barrier and continue it. (It might not be entirely fair to blame the site issues for that predicament though...)