Weekly Wiki Update - Saturday, June 29th 2014

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 69

Edited By bobafettjm

The Weekly Wiki Update is Back! I am back this week after missing last week in which I had to work a bunch, had jury duty, and got sick. I really wanted to put one of these out last week, but the last thing I wanted to do was sit down at my desk in front of the computer. I will try my hardest this next week to get this out on time, especially with it being a three day weekend.

Steam Trading Cards

There was a TON of games adding trading cards over the last couple of weeks. The good thing this time around is that a lot of the pages already existed on the wiki, the bad thing was that many of the pages were totally empty. So over the last couple of weeks I went through adding the games that were missing and filling in basic information on all the completely empty pages.

One of the things I noticed is missing on many pages is the developer. I am assuming this is because of the ease of getting a game out there now days so there is a sudden glut of new developers out there putting their games on Steam.

Here are the games I had to add to the wiki because of Steam Trading Cards.

Alright that is it for this return to the update. I think I am going to try and do more editing this week besides just working on the Steam Trading Card pages. I am really curious this week what all of you have been up to as I have not even been able to really keep an eye on what has been happening in the wiki world.

Also, has anyone seen an area of the wiki that needs some help? Maybe we should point out some of the things that need work so anyone out there that is trying to decide can pick something and get to work.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

Nice work, as usual! I spent this past week doing a fair bit of wiki maintenance of existing pages, actually. Some older pages that needed updating, either because what they had was outdated or just poorly written. In particular:

Honestly, the Noob Saibot page could probably use a lot more work. I focused mainly on editing the story section on the 2011 reboot because the grammar was just abysmal. The information on Bible Adventures is also still pretty sparse, but my work in that was, again, mostly clean-up of text that was just poorly written. Whoever wrote that page apparently used the Angry Video Game Nerd episode on it as the basis of their information on the game (as well as the generally sarcastic tone). The work I did on the Zelda page mostly pertained to Hyrule Warriors information and some portions related to her Skyward Sword incarnation.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bobafettjm

@hailinel: It seems like an especially daunting task of trying to clean up a page like Noob Saibot when there is so much there.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

Usual bits and bobs for the most part, though I did get around to writing up a general overview/gameplay/development for the Dead Island 2 page. I As for pages that need work... well, there's so damn many really that it's tough to know where to begin. It's definitely easier when there's a specific theme in place regarding what pages should have work done; it's what made the wiki tasks a rather dynamic method for building a list of like-minded pages with wiki point bounties.

Always nice to stumble upon a page that's actually already nicely filled out and well written, though, hafta admit -- like this Viewtiful Joe page right here! EDIT: However on the flip-side it's a little depressing to see the page for Bloodborne--a game that is highly anticipated in our neck in the woods--be completely vacant.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel: It seems like an especially daunting task of trying to clean up a page like Noob Saibot when there is so much there.

Yeah. And even reading what little of the page I edited now, it could still be so much better.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yummylee: Wow, seeing the Bloodborne page empty like that seems really weird to me. I would have thought it would have SOMETHING by now.

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also a little PSA that everyone should know about. Bad Rats has Steam Trading Cards. You, are, welcome.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 36

There weren't any non-trading card games that came up during the Steam sale that needed to be added to the wiki?

bobafettjm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lordandrew: I am sure there are plenty that need to be added. I am working on catching up this week on the trading card games again before doing another one of these. I am about halfway through my crazy summer schedule so it should not be too much longer before I can dig in and do a lot more work.