weird 3ds shenanigans

Avatar image for bryantheastronaut
BryantheAstronaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys just wanted to put this out there and see if anyone else has had a similar issue.

While playing Majora's Mask yesterday, my 3ds screen went black and powered off. I assumed the battery died, so I plugged it in and switched the game. Every 5 minutes or so it will go black and power off, and turn back on on the home menu. I tried pulling the battery to make sure that wasn't the issue and everything looked good on that end. Also worth noting, it only seems to do this while playing cartridge games (as I can still play all the Pokemon Shuffle my little heart desires).

Anyone have a similar issue or further ideas worth checking to fix? I know its not under warranty so a home fix is preferred.

ps sorry if this is the wrong thread

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Niceanims

Your system sounds fucked. Any reason you haven't called Nintendo yet?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Haven't had any problems but what sort of 3ds is it? The original?

Sounds more like you have either a problem with the cartridge port or with the power supply connecting to the cartridge port. Have you dropped it lately or gotten it wet?

Edit: Also worth checking the pins in the cartridge slot and comparing to how it should look. If any are missing that could be a cause.

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blow into the cartridge hole?