Well, I am currently downloading The Witcher...

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jumper

Long time forum lurker and new user. I was wondering people's take on The Witcher (enhanced director's cut)...good choice? bad choice? indifferent?

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By HaltIamReptar

Amazing choice.  Don't let the tutorial throw you off; it's long, and kind of boring.  But once you get out of that fucking castle, goddamn.  Excellent game.

Avatar image for guitarjunkie1123
guitarjunkie1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By guitarjunkie1123

Haven't really played a lot of the game, but it's a unique experience. Hard to say authoritatively as to whether or not you'll like it....good buy if you got it on sale, great buy if you got it on sale and turns out that you like it.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By LeetBalla

Great game good combat when played on hard. One of the better games when it comes to making the player think about the decisions he/she makes; there is almost never a black and white choice.

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jumper

Is it a pretty long game or relatively short? Some RPG's that I have enjoyed are Dragon Age, Arx Fatalis, and most of the D&D RPGs on the Commodore 128 (God I feel old LOL)

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jumper
@guitarjunkie1123 said:
" Haven't really played a lot of the game, but it's a unique experience. Hard to say authoritatively as to whether or not you'll like it....good buy if you got it on sale, great buy if you got it on sale and turns out that you like it. "
Yes, I got it on sale. Looks really good but it will take awhile longer for the download to complete >.<
Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Chyro
@Jumper: 

It's a good game.  Pretty tough though.  I had to restart my game and put it on easy.
wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

It's a great game and has a fantastic story. Also naked lady cards!

yani

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By yani

Its a long  and very good game. 

Make sure you patch it before you start playing though, as it had a few issues when it first came out and the save games weren't compatible between patches.

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Jumper
@yani:@yani said:
" ...Make sure you patch it before you start playing though, as it had a few issues when it first came out and the save games weren't compatible between patches. "
Ahh, mental note. Will do.
JammyJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By JammyJesus

Bit of a sleeper like.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I asked that question before then I finally bought the game. It's actually not great, however it's good and better than I expected. Interesting combat system, which includes clicking on your enemies at the right time for combos.

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Jumper
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"

I asked that question before then I finally bought the game. It's actually not great, however it's good and better than I expected. Interesting combat system, which includes clicking on your enemies at the right time for combos.

"
I typically enjoy RPG type games including Arx Fatalis which, I suppose, may be similar(?) to this game.
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@Jumper: I haven't play arx fatalis, however it's structured like alot of wrpg games, you have an objective, side quest an arrow telling you where to go, you get to pick your camera angles. It's sort of like oblivion with a third person perspective camera angle.
labam89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By labam89

Great choice, be sure to grab the uncensor mod for boobie goodness, north-american release was censored.

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jumper
@labam89 said:

" ...north-american release was censored. "

Does that include the enhanced director's cut? My understanding was the original American version also censored some of the blood as well.
Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Played about an hour into it a while back. Seems pretty solid, but the tutorial was indeed long and boring.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By me3639

One of the best and original RPGs in a long time. I played the original version, but heard the Special Edition fixed some of the bugs from the first. Enjoy.

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jumper
@me3639 said:

" One of the best and original RPGs in a long time. I played the original version, but heard the Special Edition fixed some of the bugs from the first. Enjoy. "

8.6 of 9.6 GB left in my download....anticipation! ^.^
Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Clinkz

I could tell when I laid with the first lady I saw in the game, it was going to be of quality. Seriously, what do you guys see in it? The combat was the only OK thing.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By lucas_kelly

Its an awesome game, but it may seem a little dated at this point.

Jumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jumper
@lucas_kelly said:

" Its an awesome game, but it may seem a little dated at this point. "

Don't mind dated, the newest game I bought was Dragon Age and before that....I think Quake 4 or Max Payne 2. I tend to play older games I suppose. Judging my awesome gaming standards the graphics will probably blow my socks off (lol).

Edit> maybe it was Oblivion, can't remember if Quake 4 was before or after that (lol)
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Great choice I love the game. I really dig the combat and the story. I really don't like the english voice overs so I listen to the game in its regular language I get a much cooler vibe from it this way.

SeriouslyNow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#24  Edited By SeriouslyNow
@Jumper said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
"

"
I typically enjoy RPG type games including Arx Fatalis which, I suppose, may be similar(?) to this game. "
Nice C64 shot!  Arx Fatalis is more like Ultima Underworld than anything, it was made to be the next game in the series but JoWood lost the license due to EA killing off Ultima Online (and all surrounding Ultima projects).  The Witcher is more like a timed attack version of the Baldur's Gate games with more modern effects and a much more adult story.  The Witcher is not without its failing but is a pretty good game and a damn good RPG.
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By Marz

It's good, there's alot of women to have sex with in the game which adds a nice touch.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like the UI. I still haven't quite got the hang of the combat. Seems a little excessive, 3 different sword styles with two sword types, then axes and daggers.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#27  Edited By Undeadpool
@Jumper:  
SPECTACULAR choice! It's the beginning of the modern RPG morality system!