• 134 results
#1 Edited by Asurastrike (2152 posts) -

There are a ton of awesome games coming out in 2010, but which ones are the Giant Bomb community most looking forward to?

For me, the most exciting game of next year is Mass Effect 2. I loved the first one, and played through it twice. I even spent 2 hours reading through the Mass Effect wiki site.

Final Fantasy XIII is second, only because Square has disappointed me a lot in the last couple years (Final Fantasy X-2, Final Fantasy XII, Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days)

#2 Posted by MVP1101 (209 posts) -

it is a toss up between Mass Effect 2 and Heavy Rain for me

#3 Posted by raidingkvatch (1148 posts) -

^ That is exactly what I was just thinking. Probably Heavy Rain, marginally

#4 Posted by Reuben (622 posts) -

Mass Effect 2, Final Fantasy XIII, God of War 3 oh and Fable 3 if it actually does get released. Seems a bit soon for that one though.

#5 Posted by tacoMOOSE (30 posts) -

Imma have to say God of War 3 and the ole Final Fantasy. Heavy Rain is on my radar as well, along with Assasins Creed 2. Maybe even Modnation Racers.
#6 Edited by Yummylee (20625 posts) -

err mass effect 2 like the majority, Bioshock 2, dead rising 2...and just to brake the pattern...God of war 3 =P
#7 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I can't think of much that's coming out in 2010. Right now, Splinter Cell: Conviction, God of War 3, and Bioshock 2 are all heavy candidates.  

@tacoMOOSE: Assassin's Creed 2 comes out this month, chief.

#8 Posted by dankempster (2230 posts) -

Red Dead Redemption and Final Fantasy XIII for me. Fallout: New Vegas is on my radar too, albeit to a lesser extent.

#9 Edited by MachoFantastico (4307 posts) -

Mass Effect 2, Bioshock 2 and God of War 3. 

Mass Effect 2 is looking amazing though. Can't wait for that.

#10 Posted by CitizenJP (984 posts) -

1.) Final Fantasy XIII
2.) Diablo 3 (if that counts..I dno...hoping 2010 I guess)
3.) Star Wars Old Republic (praying)
4.) Mass Effect 2
5.) Red Dead Redemption (cant wait for this one...totally was in love with the first one...no homo)

#11 Posted by ez123 (1906 posts) -

Diab....... Mass Effect 2

#12 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -

I don't even know what games are coming out next year but now that I've look at this, Mass Effect 2 sounds great. I have to get it for PC since I got the first one on PC as well. No PS3 release it seems.

#13 Posted by Bones8677 (3171 posts) -

Starcraft 2 is coming out in 2010, which means the earliest Diablo 3 will come out would be 2011. I guess you can just play Torchlight till then? 

For me here's the list in order of importance.

1. Final Fantasy XIII
2. God of War 3
3. Heavy Rain 
4. The Old Republic (There's gotta be at least a beta at that point.)
5. Modnation Racers
6. Fallout: New Vegas (At least until I see some footage.)

#14 Posted by Captain_Insano (1514 posts) -

Mass Effect 2

Alpha Protocol looks like it could be interesting

#15 Posted by Finis (70 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII (and it will probably be the only game i will buy next year)
and Bioshock 2

#16 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7612 posts) -

Old Republic might enter beta late next year.  There's literally no hope for an actual release next year, unforunately.
Diablo III may as well be added to that pile as well.  I'd love it, but expecting it in 2010 is just going to lead to disappointment.

Personally, I'm waiting for Halo Reach, Mass Effect 2 and Crystal Bearers (which in my opinion looks far better than XIII)

#17 Edited by Meowayne (6084 posts) -

#18 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -

I think that 2010 is going to be as heavy as 2009. Maybe more. That said, if you told me you can only choose for one game to be released in 2010 and every other game will be put off until at least 2011, I would probably choose Heavy Rain. It just looks so different and compelling. Everything else is just a bunch of "Big Franchise #2!" while Heavy Rain is something I can sink my teeth in with a whole new world of possibilities instead of just "so what did they change since the first game?".

#19 Posted by Branthog (7332 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" I don't even know what games are coming out next year but now that I've look at this, Mass Effect 2 sounds great. I have to get it for PC since I got the first one on PC as well. No PS3 release it seems. "
I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I have an open office spreadsheet that tracks every game I have even remote interest in, the date it's currently slated for release, my interest level in it, whether or not I've already pre-ordered it, what systems it's available for, what system I want it for... 

*hangs head in utter nerd-shame*
#20 Posted by tacoMOOSE (30 posts) -

@TheGreatGuero said:

"I can't think of much that's coming out in 2010. Right now, Splinter Cell: Conviction, God of War 3, and Bioshock 2 are all heavy candidates.  

@tacoMOOSE: Assassin's Creed 2 comes out this month, chief. "

Holy Hell. So it does. Shit.

#21 Posted by Linkyshinks (9881 posts) -

Bayonetta 
Galaxy 2 
Heavy Rain 
Lost Planet 2  
Aliens Vs Predator 
Aliens: CM 
God of War 3  
Trico       

#22 Posted by Iceland (163 posts) -

Toss up between No More Heroes 2 and Metroid: Other M

#23 Posted by chronicsmoke (995 posts) -

mass effect 2,battlefield bad company 2,alien vs predator,splinter cell conviction,mag,and heavy rain are strong contenders
#24 Posted by Bennyishere (1685 posts) -

MASS EFFECT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 
Then Splinter Cell Conviction and BioShock 2 (though it seems like everybody else on GB hates BioShock 2 already).
#25 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Bennyishere said:
" MASS EFFECT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Splinter Cell Conviction and BioShock 2 (though it seems like everybody else on GB hates BioShock 2 already). "
Everybody else on GiantBomb hates BioShock 2 already. 
Except you and me, I see no reason to hate it, especially since I haven't tried it yet
#26 Edited by Lazyaza (2137 posts) -
#27 Posted by Tofford (523 posts) -

Mass Effect 2
Splinter Cell Conviction

#28 Posted by natetodamax (19142 posts) -

It's a tie between Mass Effect 2, Bad Company 2, Bioshock 2, and Final Fantasy XIII

#29 Posted by Whisperkill (2969 posts) -

Mass Effect 2, Bayonetta, Bioshock 2, and FFXIII i guess
#30 Posted by JonathanMoore (1858 posts) -

Mario Galaxy 2. This is all that matters in life.

#31 Posted by CoolDrMoney (1978 posts) -

Fez

#32 Posted by GunstarRed (4749 posts) -

The Last Guardian and Mass effect 2....  

and a new Naughty dog created Jak and daxter..... *sigh*....... please make one...pleeeeeeeaaaaase!!!!
#33 Posted by Rhaknar (5940 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 4

but theres a ton of stuff...worryingly (money wise) most in the first 3 months of 2010. ME2, GOW3, Bayonetta, Darksiders, Heavy Rain, Splinter Cell, Bioshock 2, and more. should be a great year for gaming

#34 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2460 posts) -

Halo Reach

Nothing else comes close

#35 Posted by JeffGoldblum (3660 posts) -

Bioshock 2.
I was kind of losing interest in the game until I read a great preview for it. Even if the story isnt as great as the first it looks like they successfully captured the atmosphere.

#36 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@Branthog said:
"I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I have an open office spreadsheet that tracks every game I have even remote interest in, the date it's currently slated for release, my interest level in it, whether or not I've already pre-ordered it, what systems it's available for, what system I want it for... 

*hangs head in utter nerd-shame* "
I will admit it's a little off but at the same time that's dedication for you. Not a bad thing you know?

@ZeForgotten said:
" @Bennyishere said:
" MASS EFFECT 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Then Splinter Cell Conviction and BioShock 2 (though it seems like everybody else on GB hates BioShock 2 already). "
Everybody else on GiantBomb hates BioShock 2 already. Except you and me, I see no reason to hate it, especially since I haven't tried it yet "

I wouldn't say "hate" but more like, "not as enthusiastic" as we were with the first one. At least, that's my stance towards Bioshock 2.
#37 Posted by Kazona (3055 posts) -

You can add me to the Mass Effect 2 crowd. The only other game I can think of right now is Splinter Cell: Conviction.

#38 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Bayonetta and Lost Planet 2.

#39 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said: 
@ZeForgotten said:
" @Bennyishere said:
Everybody else on GiantBomb hates BioShock 2 already. Except you and me, I see no reason to hate it, especially since I haven't tried it yet "
I wouldn't say "hate" but more like, "not as enthusiastic" as we were with the first one. At least, that's my stance towards Bioshock 2. "
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! 
You hate it, you hear me?! HATE IT!! 'takes his belt off' 
#40 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -

Singularity anyone?

#41 Posted by Binman88 (3679 posts) -

Assassin's Creed 2 for PC. So pissed off we aren't getting it this year :(

#42 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 and God of War 3, everything else is second in line.

#43 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:
" @eroticfishcake said: 
I wouldn't say "hate" but more like, "not as enthusiastic" as we were with the first one. At least, that's my stance towards Bioshock 2. "
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! You hate it, you hear me?! HATE IT!! 'takes his belt off'  "
Not the face! Anything but the face!
#44 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" @eroticfishcake said: 
YOU TAKE THAT BACK! You hate it, you hear me?! HATE IT!! 'takes his belt off'  "
Not the face! Anything but the face! "
Really? I mean, I could like.. just grace your nuts with my belt really fast.. And that would be okay? 
#45 Posted by eroticfishcake (7780 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:
Really? I mean, I could like.. just grace your nuts with my belt really fast.. And that would be okay?  "
Oh, well, if you're gonna scratch my bawls for me why not, eh?
#46 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
Really? I mean, I could like.. just grace your nuts with my belt really fast.. And that would be okay?  "
Oh, well, if you're gonna scratch my bawls for me why not, eh? "
Touché 
#47 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I'm not entirely convinced it is a 2010 release, but my first choice is Star Wars: The Old Republic.  KOTOR has been my favorite game for years now, and the chance to revisit that universe on a much grander scale has me as giddy as a schoolgirl.  I can see myself become an "ALT-aholic" there with ease. 

For something more solidly set for next year, my choice is Mass Effect 2.  I really enjoyed the first game, despite its short comings, and am eager to see what improvements they made in this latest iteration.   I also want to know how the characters will flow from ME1 to ME2.

After that, again I am not sure, but I hope that Crackdown 2 gets a 2010 release.  Crackdown was my personal GOTY for 2007 and I really want to get back to leaping over buildings and blowing the crap outta stuff just to see the pretty colors.

The rest are the usual suspects of Final Fantasy XIII, Bayonetta, Splinter Cell: Conviction and (please) Dragon Quest IX.  I'm curious about M.A.G., Dark Void, White Knight Chronicles, Bioshock 2, the Last Guardian, A.P.B. and God of War III, too.    

As it stands today, I am really not too motivated by Heavy Rain or Alan Wake.  Also, I hope I do not get caught up in the hype of WoW: Cataclysm and reopen my old account.

#48 Posted by Kblt (496 posts) -
BATTLEFIELD BAD COMPANY 2 UP IN THIS MOTHERFUCKER
#49 Posted by sloppyjoe (406 posts) -

Starcraft 2 (yeah... I said it)
Gran Turismo 5
Final Fantasy XIII
Rage

#50 Posted by Malchom (96 posts) -

I am appalled at the lack of Starcraft 2 in this thread!! That's clear first for me anyway!
Bioshock 2 is second and any product that comes out of Harmonix next year