• 81 results
#1 Posted by Kaiserhawk (62 posts) -

With this year's main releases coming to a close, I pose the question...you know...the one in the title?

For me the two I'm most looking forward to are

Rome 2 Total War: Love the original, and all other entries in the series, it's going to be a blast to play I'm sure

and

Fist of the North Star Ken's Rage 2...don't look at me like that.

#2 Edited by MightyDuck (1507 posts) -

There's a couple here and there that I'm interested in.

• Grand Theft Auto 5
  • Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • Injustice
  • MLB 13: The Show
  • Grid 2
  • Fuse
#3 Edited by awesomeusername (4154 posts) -

I will be buying all these games day uno and if I like the collectors editions, I will be getting them. I already have the Bioshock and GoW collector editions pre-ordered, but I need to upgrade Bioshock to that Ultimate Songbird edition... The list doesn't include downloadable games.

Edit: There's some other games that I will buy/borrow but for $20-$30 which includes:

Other games like Watch Dogs, Prey 2, The Last Guardian & Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes can't make either lists because they aren't confirmed for any year/in development hell.

#4 Edited by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -
  • Grand Theft Auto V
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Watch Dogs
  • Company of Heroes 2

I'm also really interested in Pikmin 3 but I don't plan on buying a Wii U yet.

edit: Also Prison Architect and BattleBlock Theater.

#5 Edited by MocBucket62 (1158 posts) -
@Kaiserhawk said: 

Rome 2 Total War: Love the original, and all other entries in the series, it's going to be a blast to play I'm sure

I thought I might of been the first guy to post that! Hell Yeah for Rome 2 coming out in 2013! For other games, I am looking forward to Beyond Two Souls, Injustice and The Last of Us. 
#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36051 posts) -
#7 Edited by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Last of Us and GTA5 are the ones that come to mind....feel like I'm missing something though.

EDIT: Metal Gear Rising mainly because I want to see what crazy things Platinum will do with it. Sim City because I was blown away by it at E3. Beyond: Two Souls because I really liked Heavy Rain and want to see what they do next.

#8 Posted by TooWalrus (13138 posts) -
#10 Posted by pepperzz (160 posts) -

Army of Two is the only right answer.

#11 Edited by GERALTITUDE (2953 posts) -
  • Company of Heroes 2
  • Bioshock: Infinite
  • GTA V
  • The Last of Us

Haven't played Dishonored or Chivalry yet, nor ACIII, though I have to admit I feel deflated about that one now. I forgot Rome 2 was coming out this year honestly. I didn't play the first one, but Shogun 2 is unreal, so I'll give Rome a go at some point, probably next year.

@Video_Game_King I'd play FE:A stat if I had a DS. Only one I've played was Fire Emblem for GBA, and I don't know what fans of the series think about it, but I was obsessed with it for a long time.

All I have to say about First of the North Star Ken's Rage 2 is that it looks like Street Fighter meets Dynasty Warriors. Also:

edited for clarity and brevity, also, levity.

#12 Edited by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

My list is pretty short. Mostly because a lot of my anticipated games came out this year.

• Bioshock: Infinite
  • GTA V
  • Injustice: Gods Among us
#13 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

most of what has been mentioned here already.

also all those kickstarter games

#14 Posted by Video_Game_King (36051 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE:

I'd play it stat, too, but I don't have a 3DS and can't read Japanese.

#15 Posted by TheWyotee93 (187 posts) -

SIMCITY

#16 Posted by bananaz (254 posts) -

Watchdogs

Metal Gear Rising

Bioshock Infinite

#17 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2953 posts) -

Oh what? Didn't realize the king was a noob. He can't even read Japanese. That said, it comes out here next year. So either you mean you can't play it this year, or... you just can't read?

#18 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

For things that have not been mentioned (Metro: Last Light, Watch Dogs etc. also make my list and probably more I am forgetting)

how about a little thing called EUROPA UNIVERSALIS 4, BITCHES. oh man that new trade system is going to be amazing

#19 Posted by dabe (299 posts) -
#20 Posted by Kaiserhawk (62 posts) -

@GERALTITUDE: It pretty much is Dynasty Warriors, except Fist of the North Star

Which is why I'm lovin' it.

#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36051 posts) -
#22 Posted by GERALTITUDE (2953 posts) -

@Video_Game_King:

Laughed pretty hard at that message, then again later, after thinking "Man this is a sweet song," then seeing the title is just "Enemy Message 3". Unassuming, to say the least.

This just in: playlist is now just rolling in the background of my surfing, which is... amazing. So good!

#23 Posted by believer258 (11663 posts) -

I'm on a phone, so I'll just say that I'm most looking forward to Bioshock and Dead Space. I've also got my eye on Tomb Raider.

#24 Posted by believer258 (11663 posts) -

Can't edit - also Metro Last Light.

#25 Posted by FierceDeity (358 posts) -

Modern Warfare 4

Or

If Activision wants to be extra creative....

Modern Warfour

#26 Edited by dyong (331 posts) -

Watch Dogs, Tomb Raider and The Last of Us so far. But the world's coming to an end this year so I don't see the point anyway.

#27 Posted by TheSouthernDandy (3795 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite is waaaaaaaaay on the top of my list. Also Metro Last Light and (possibly) whatever 40K game Relic is working on although I doubt that'll be coming out next year.

#28 Posted by DystopiaX (5293 posts) -

Watch Dogs, Bioshock Infinite, GTA V

#29 Posted by 500xp (68 posts) -

Metal Gear Rising

Anarchy Reigns

DmC

Bioshock Infinite

#30 Posted by iceman228433 (593 posts) -

Next Gen!

#31 Posted by FrankieSpankie (228 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite

Routine

And if they come out in 2013:

Carmageddon Reincarnation

Thief 4

Metro: Last Night

#32 Posted by Sayishere (1839 posts) -

The 999 sequel omg! 2 more weeks!

#33 Posted by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

Tales of Xillia and Revengeance.

#34 Posted by CooVee (136 posts) -

Ace Attorney 5 
Ace Attorney vs. Professor Layton (please let there be a North American release) 
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon 
Bioshock Infinite

#35 Posted by verbalmedal (55 posts) -

dragon age 3

#36 Posted by upwarDBound (654 posts) -
  • GTA V
  • SimCity
  • Bioshock Infinite
#38 Posted by Kaiserhawk (62 posts) -

Gonna add GTA V to the list of stuff to look out for. Dem details.

#39 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -
  1. Tomb Raider
  2. Watch Dogs
  3. Dragon Age 3 (news)

I was also excited about Bioshock Infinite but after the delay and devs leaving the studio, I don't care for the game any more.

#40 Posted by DukesT3 (1893 posts) -

Too many.

I guess The Last of Us is a '13 with the lack of news on a release date for the fall/early winter.

#41 Posted by BeachThunder (11709 posts) -

@phrosnite said:

I was also excited about Bioshock Infinite but after the delay and devs leaving the studio, I don't care for the game any more.

Not even a little tiny bit??

#42 Posted by phrosnite (3518 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@phrosnite said:

Not even a little tiny bit??

Maybe a little bit but just because I have a thing for women with short hair...

#43 Edited by Bollard (5275 posts) -
#44 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

Tomb Raider, and maybe Watchdogs.

Plus all the kickstarter stuff I've already paid for (Wasteland 2, Project Eternity, Takedown, Banner Saga).

#45 Edited by GetEveryone (4455 posts) -

BIOSHOCK FUCKING INFINITE.

Looks like it's going to be the tits.

Also, GTAV, as I love that series (except 4).

#46 Edited by Seppli (10251 posts) -
  • Battlefield 4
  • Grand Theft Auto 5

Hoping to play Battlefield 4 on a next generation console on a closed network on dedicated servers with zero cheaters - on a gamepad specifically designed to better suit the needs of console FPS players, against other gamepad players - because Battlefield is just more fun without cheaters, and the invaluable increase of fun by generally reduced precision and speed of aim on gamepads in comparison to KB&M, as well as the more organic vehicular gameplay integration (another win for the gamepad). Finally back to turrets with fixed turning speed, rather than insta-turn turrets and such - and plenty other gamepad related balancing benefits that KB&M lovers likely won't agree with.

There's plenty of other games that get me excited, but I might or might not buy and play them. These two are shoe-ins. *knock on wood*

#47 Posted by MocBucket62 (1158 posts) -
@Chavtheworld: Isn't Paper Mario Sticker Star coming out in like two days? I'm 99% certain its a 2012 release!
#48 Posted by probablytuna (3547 posts) -
  1. Bioshock Infinite
  2. GTAV
  3. The Last of Us
  4. Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes

That's it... off the top of my head.

#49 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

also all those kickstarter games

Hell yes. 2013-2014 is going to pretty sweet.

#50 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

-Total War: Rome 2 (hate the new naming scheme, but can't wait to play the game!)

-Bioshock Infinite

-and Grand Theft Auto V

Honorary mention goes to launch titles for the next generation if and when it comes out next fall.