• 116 results
#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11927 posts) -
#2 Posted by TruthTellah (9002 posts) -

Persona 5, Broken Age, Titanfall, The Witness, Transistor, whatever new awesome games are coming to the 3DS. Lots of things!

#3 Edited by Jackhole (376 posts) -

I think next years shaping up to be a pretty good year

• Titanfall
  • Destiny
  • inFamous Second Son
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Witcher 3
  • The Witness
  • Broken Age
  • Transistor
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Dying Light
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Mad Max
  • The Order 1866
  • The Divison

I'm also looking forward to Persona 5 and No Man's Sky, but I doubt those come out next year.

#4 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2007 posts) -

Can't wait to finish Might and Magic X Legacy in January, since I only played about 45 minutes of the Early Access and decided I wanted to be able to dedicate a few weekends in a row to finishing it rather than be cut off at the 1st Act mark.

Also, Grimoire if it comes out in 2014. The demo available (somewhere...) was really rad.

#5 Posted by ch3burashka (5068 posts) -

I got a Vita this Black Friday, and right after I thought, "What the hell did I get it for?" Then I remembered - Binding of Isaac Rebirth.

#7 Posted by Aegon (5598 posts) -
  • Witcher 3
  • X
  • Persona 5

#8 Posted by ajamafalous (11992 posts) -

Anybody have a list?

Dark Souls 2 is easily my most anticipated game right now, but there are plenty others I'm looking forward to.

#9 Posted by Aetheldod (3579 posts) -

-The Banner Saga

-Dark Souls 2

#10 Posted by FriendlyPhoenix (405 posts) -
  • The Witcher 3
  • MGS V: Ground Zeroes and MGS V: Phantom Pain(assuming this makes it out next year)
  • Dragon Age: Inquisition
  • Persona 5(and Q, and Dancing All Night, and P4 Arena 2)
  • inFamous: Second Son
  • Zelda WiiU(again, assuming this makes it out next year)
  • Final Fantasy XIII-3(I refuse to call it by it's appropriately stupid actual name)
  • The Order: 1886
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Bravely Default

I'm also really hopeful for Murdered: Soul Suspect, The Evil Within, and the new Wolfenstein, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if any/all of those are less than good. But man, 2014 is looking to be a hell of year.

#11 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Mew-Genics.

#12 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4207 posts) -
  • Halo 5
  • Destiny
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Sunset Overdrive
  • Below
  • Dirt 4/The Crew/NFS
#13 Posted by Hunter5024 (5669 posts) -

Always Sometimes Monsters, The Witness, Transistor, Infamous, Uncharted, Final Fantasy 13-3, South Park, Donkey Kong, and Dragon Age 3. The last four are against my better judgement, but I'll be happy that they're out and I can stop being curious even if I don't end up liking them.

Some Kickstarter games I have my eye on are Tides of Numenera, Pillars of Eternity, Hyper Light Drifter, and Paradise Lost. Let's see if those come out.

Then of course I'm always excited for the games I don't know about! There are bound to be a few cool announcements and a couple indie games that stealth their way into my heart.

#14 Posted by ConfusedOwl (940 posts) -

The Witcher 3 is probably the game I'm most excited for overall. That game looks absolutely fantastic and after the 2nd game I definitely have high hopes for it.

Also looking forward to these:

• Dragon Age (I don't trust EA or Bioware to not fuck this up but what I've seen so far has me interested)
  • Destiny
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Infamous
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD Remix
  • Transistor

#15 Posted by Irvandus (2878 posts) -
  • Dragon Age (I know, I'm so dumb. Someone has to keep the dream alive)
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Destiny
  • Infamous: Second Son
  • Transistor
  • The Order 1886
  • Dark Souls 2
  • The Witcher 3

Feels like it's going to be a good year.

#16 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5459 posts) -

Dark Souls 2... that's it. I guess whatever comes on PS+

#17 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4490 posts) -
  • Guilty Gear Xrd
  • MGS V
  • Bayonetta 2 (I only regret that I'll be one of the 13 people who'll end up buying it)
  • Diablo 3: RoS
  • Destiny
  • Persona 5
  • Transistor
  • Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution (Yo dawg, my Hinata is godlike)
#19 Edited by TheMathlete (323 posts) -

Lets see...

Of the top of my head: the Witcher 3, Persona 5, Persona Q, Bravely Default, Bayonetta 2, X, SMT X Fire Emblem (hopefully), Hyrule Warriors, Monster Hunter 4 (please!) and probably some more stuff too. Plus the games I don't even know about yet.

#20 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (5017 posts) -

@friendlyphoenix said:

• Final Fantasy XIII-3(I refuse to call it by it's appropriately stupid actual name)

#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5826 posts) -

The Legend of Heroes Second Chapter

#23 Posted by crithon (3192 posts) -
  • Metal Gear Solid 5 Ground Zeroes
  • Infamous Second Son
  • Watchdogs
  • Dark Souls 2
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Bravery Default
  • Batman Arkham City Sequel
  • Mortal Kombat 10 announcement
  • Zelda WiiU announcement
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Titanfall
  • Quantum Break
  • Final Fantasy XIII Lighting Returns
  • Persona Q
  • Half Life 2 Episode 3
#24 Posted by ninjalegend (430 posts) -

What's weird for me is how many sequels make my most excited for list.

1. The Witcher 3. The first one was really good. The second not only made combat better, but really delivered on the promise of making your decisions count. Just based on one decision even the areas I was in were different. So they created hours of content that will never be seen by someone who only does one playthrough? Bold. Smaller studio, bigger ideas, better games.

2. Dark Souls 2 because Dark Souls. This series respects me as a gamer and I really hope this bleeds into more games.

3. Infamous Second Son. I saw a lot of potential in the first one. Thought the second one was a bit of a misstep going a little too over the top. Thing is I had a lot of fun with both games despite their many flaws.

4. Strider. I liked the nes Strider and had a lot of fun with the dumb arcade port on Genesis. So nostalgia. I am even more hopeful because of all the haters who say it will be killed by Double Helix. Didn't they just take a series that survived only on nostalgia (killer instinct) and made a pretty good playable fighter out of it?

5. Watch Dogs. I think UBI soft finally figured out open world games with Far Cry 3. I wrote Black Flag off after the hot mess that was AC3. I picked it up after hearing the noise about the game. I was not disappointed.

Honorable mention can go to Zelda WiiU or any other good 1st party WiiU game. Turns out the game pad can still hold a charge after only being charged 3 times and never played in 8 months or so. And that is all thanks to the joy filled Mario 3d world. I saw the pin Reggie. Give unto me Metriod.

#25 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4798 posts) -

There's a lot I'm looking forward to, actually. After a lackluster 2013 it seems as though 2014 will make up for it and then some.

• Dark Souls 2
  • Rocksteady's Batman: Arkham 3
  • Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
  • Watch_Dogs
  • Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes
  • The Witcher 3
  • Project Eternity
  • Wasteland 2
  • Wolfenstein: The New Order
  • Thief
  • The Wolf Among Us Episodes 2-5
  • The Walking Dead Episodes 2-5

... and all of that is just what we know about today. E3 is bound to have some exciting announcements. Bethesda will likely announce Fallout 4 and I've seen rumours about Arkane's new project as well. So yeah, 2014 is looking to be a fucking great year for games. Especially on the RPG front.

#26 Posted by Animasta (14691 posts) -

Paradox ain't releasing anything so Witcher 3.

#27 Edited by mems1224 (229 posts) -
  1. Titanfall
  2. Destiny
  3. The Divison
  4. Dragon Age
  5. Halo
  6. Witcher 3
  7. Zelda WiiU
  8. Middle Earth: Shado of Mordor
#28 Posted by Seedofpower (3928 posts) -

I'm hoping for a Dawn of War 3 announcement. Otherwise:

• Witcher 3
  • Wasteland 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hotline Miami 2
  • Transistor
  • Maybe we will finally see Half life 3
#29 Posted by Guesty_01 (347 posts) -

I will play all of the good stuff that comes out next year. However, the one title I'm actively looking forward to is Dark Souls 2. Day one purchase, which I don't do often.

#30 Posted by HH (609 posts) -

Dragon Age 3

The Division

Dark Souls 2

Destiny

basically if it does not start with D then it will be the most overrated game of the year

#31 Posted by maverick1 (92 posts) -

Dark Souls 2, Destiny, Watch Dogs, Witcher 3 . Right now I'm really looking forward to dark souls 2 it's either going to be a day one purchase or a preorder. Haven't decided if I want the black armor edition yet.

#32 Posted by EVO (3908 posts) -
  1. The Witness
  2. Broken Age
  3. Dark Souls 2
  4. Infamous
  5. The Division
#33 Edited by dr_mantas (1874 posts) -

I'm not gonna say anything new. Literally went down the wikipedia page looking at what's supposed to come out next year.

1. Transistor
  2. The Witness
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. Dragon Age 3
  5. Massive Chalice
  6. Dreamfall Chapters
  7. Hotline Miami 2
  8. Thief
  9. Watch Dogs
  10. Dark Souls II
#34 Posted by Rafaelfc (1346 posts) -
  • The Binding Of Iaac: Rebirth
  • Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
  • Daylight
  • Destiny
  • Diablo III (ps4)
  • Driveclub
  • Dying Light
  • The Evil Within
  • Helldivers
  • Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number
  • Mercenary Kings
  • MGS: Ground Zeroes
  • Octodad (ps4)
  • Outlast (ps4)
  • Persona 4: Dancing All Night
  • Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
  • Rogue Legacy (ps4)
  • Sleeping Dogs: Triad Wars (not even sure what this is, but I HAVE to see it for myself)
  • Strider
  • Thief
  • Transistor
  • Trials Fusion
  • Watch Dogs
  • The Witcher 3
  • The Witness

I absolutely am very stoked (or at least very curious) for all these games, 2014 is shaping up to be a crazy year in gaming for me.

And that's excluding Xbox One and Wii U games, as I don't own those systems. But could be getting both sometime next year.

#35 Posted by Xymox (2088 posts) -

3DS

• Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth
  • Yoshi's New Island
  • Monster Hunter 4?

PC

• Dark Souls 2: Prepare To Die Again Edition
  • The Wolf Among Us Episodes 2-5
  • The Walking Dead Episodes 2-5

Vita

• Persona 4: Dancing All Night

PS3

• Persona 5 (in 2017 when they bring it to EU)
#36 Posted by Scampbell (497 posts) -
#37 Posted by Herk (191 posts) -
  • Destiny
  • Dragon Age
  • South Park
  • Persona 5
  • Persona Arena 2
  • Witcher 3
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Telltale's Game of Thrones
  • And my friends have also convinced me to try out Dark Souls 2
#38 Posted by me3639 (1756 posts) -

Survarium

Wasteland 2

Pillars of Eternity

Somthing ive never heard of.

#39 Posted by probablytuna (3654 posts) -
  1. Persona 5
  2. Dark Souls II
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. MGS V: Ground Zeroes
  5. Watch Dogs
#40 Posted by falserelic (5436 posts) -

GAMES I'M GETTING FO SHO

1. Evil Within ( I get a hard on for survival-horror games, it's my favorite genre)

2. Dark Souls 2 (Previous games pissed me the fuck off, but it will leave you feeling like a badass warrior.)

3. Infamous:Second Son ( Power will be mine yet again, infamous here I come with my nuts hanging out and everything)

4. Wolfenstein: The New Order ( Yeah sy-fy and robots, lots of crazy shit going on in this game)

5. Watch Dogs ( HipHopGamer says it best)

#41 Posted by BaneFireLord (2935 posts) -

While I'll probably get around to getting ACIV and BF4 (provided it's not still broken in three month's time) sometime in '14, nothing coming out is blowing up my skirt. Depending on employment opportunities, I might end up picking up a PS4 before the end of the year and probably pick up The Crew, Watch_Dogs, Destiny and inFamous (if they're any good, that is), but as it stands with the hardware I've got, nothing's grabbing me.

#42 Posted by TobbRobb (4639 posts) -

Dark Souls, Metal Gear, Persona 5 if that comes out. Witcher 3. Maybe Strider, probably Lightning Returns. And then it's a whole lot of nothing. Bravely Default might be cool.

MASSIVE CHALICE.

#43 Posted by Mousse_gallon (178 posts) -
  • Soul Saga
  • Transistor
  • Bayonetta 2
  • Tales of Symphonia Chronicles
  • Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
  • Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
  • Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match
  • Persona Q: Shadow Of The Labyrinth
  • Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold
  • Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney
#44 Edited by PenguinDust (12514 posts) -

Hmm, more than I originally thought when I looked to see what is slated for 2014.

1. Destiny
  2. Titanfall
  3. Persona 5 (probably 2015 NA release, but I can hope)
  4. Tom Clancy's The Division
  5. Thief
  6. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  7. The Sims 4
  8. The Order 1886
  9. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  10. Hearthstone Heroes of Warcaft (Ipad)

I'm curious about Elder Scrolls Online and Persona q Shadow of the Labyrinth, but not enough to invest in either.

#45 Posted by zerdune (160 posts) -
  1. Pillars of Eternity
  2. Thief
  3. The Witcher 3
  4. Dragon Age: Inquisition
  5. Oddworld New 'n' Tasty
  6. Moebius
  7. Broken Age
  8. Wasteland 2
  9. Watch Dogs
  10. The Walking Dead Season 2
#46 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

Fire Emblem X Persona or whatever its called.

#48 Edited by UitDeToekomst (714 posts) -

The Witcher 3 and Dragon Age: Inquisition are the biggies for me. I am also finding myself quite looking forward to the rest of The Wolf Among Us, despite the fact that I found The Walking Dead terribly uninteresting. I am also cautiously optimistic about Titanfall even though if I were to take each aspect that makes up the game (FPS, MMO, mechs, etc.) and look at it separately, I should have no business looking forward to it at all.

#49 Edited by Zevvion (1871 posts) -

The games that aren't announced yet. Maybe a new XCOM expansion. Borderlands 3? Nah, may be a year too soon for that... Mass Effect 4?

I don't know. I am looking forward to Destiny, Watch_Dogs, inFamous Second Son, Dark Souls II and The Witcher 3, but I'm sure there are unannounced games coming in 2014 that I will end up liking more.

#50 Edited by bluefish (455 posts) -

Eek, this upcoming year has few things I'm looking forward to, none of which I'm hot-and-bothered about..

1. Bayonetta 2
  2. Transistor
  3. The Witness

Everything Else is in the "SORTA..." category...

• Watch Dogs, sorta
  • Thief, sorta
  • Destiny, sorta
  • Witcher 3, sorta
  • Infamous Second Son. sorta
  • South Park, sorta
  • Halo 5(?) sorta
  • Hotline Miami 2, sorta

Unless 2014 comes out with some very unexpected surprises I'm feeling pretty underwhelmed by the industry right now. But I'm always happy to be proven wrong.