#1 Posted by pinner458 (599 posts) -

So I picked up a copy of Dead Space 3 the other day and played some on Thursday and Friday, didn't play anything on Saturday and then went to play it today only to get a disc read error and then the "Open Tray" glitch even when there's a game in. How absolutely rotten that it should break 2 weeks before Dark Soulls ll comes out, plus this is when all the games are coming out. Feeling pretty unfortunate. Also, prices for 360 are ridiculous right now, they should be going for way cheaper than I am seeing at this point in the cycle.

#2 Posted by believer258 (11637 posts) -

That's your 360 telling you that you shouldn't play Dead Space 3.

You can get a refurb from Gamestop for $130 if you really need to play Dark Souls 2. I'm sure there are plenty of places to find one relatively cheap if you look.

#3 Edited by bigjeffrey (4789 posts) -

Try craigslist i searched this right now, i'd say that's a good deal. get it quick and cheap.

#4 Edited by SteadyingMeat (1114 posts) -

How does a 4GB 360 even work? My old 20GB is almost constantly full with God knows what.

#5 Posted by the_devoid (39 posts) -

@steadyingmeat: He already has a HDD from his old one no reason to get another.

#6 Posted by pinner458 (599 posts) -

Yeah I have a 120GB hard drive that is packed to the brim, I bought 2 250GB's in the past year and both turned out to be faulty. I live in Ireland so Craigslist is no good to me. Looking on the Irish equivalent most prices ranged from €80-€120 for a 20GB. i did see this one dude offering 2 Xbox consoles only for €40, needless to say I already have cables and all so I'll give him a call tomorrow and maybe get myself a bargain.

BTW this next one will be my 5th 360 I believe, how many have you guys gone through?

#7 Posted by Roger778 (953 posts) -

I bought a new 250GB X-Box 360 a few weeks ago, and so far it's performing wonderfully.

I've been playing Dragon Age Origins: The Complete Edition for over a week now. I finished the main quest (I've played the game at least 4 times now), and now I'm trying all the downloadable content that comes with it, including the expansion pack, Awakening.

@pinner458:Man, that's a bummer that your X-Box broke. Hopefully, you can get it fixed.

#8 Posted by pinner458 (599 posts) -

@roger778: I bought DA:Origins on demand for real cheap last year, it was on sale during summer. Never downloaded it because my HD is full though, so I never played it.

#9 Posted by TheHBK (5463 posts) -

Why not buy games digitally then? And yeah, no Dead Space 3.

#10 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2308 posts) -

That's interesting, my 360 broke around the same time with the same problem.

To my understanding the disc drive isn't terribly hard to fix, so maybe check out some YouTube videos? I'm not even going to bother trying as I desperately need a new Xbox with a bigger hard drive.

#11 Posted by YI_Orange (1128 posts) -

That sucks. My PS3s hard drive just shit out. It's giving me the "cannot start the appropriate system storage was not found." Dark Souls 2 comes out Tuesday, now I need to get a hard drive or a new PS3 so I can play one game. I guess it sucks to lose all that data too.

#12 Edited by Kedi2 (242 posts) -

360 has been getting games day one digitally for about a month now, so there's a decent chance you'll be able to get Dark Souls II that way.

#13 Posted by Jeust (10477 posts) -

Yeah I have a 120GB hard drive that is packed to the brim, I bought 2 250GB's in the past year and both turned out to be faulty. I live in Ireland so Craigslist is no good to me. Looking on the Irish equivalent most prices ranged from €80-€120 for a 20GB. i did see this one dude offering 2 Xbox consoles only for €40, needless to say I already have cables and all so I'll give him a call tomorrow and maybe get myself a bargain.

BTW this next one will be my 5th 360 I believe, how many have you guys gone through?

I'm going with my first one still. It is a RE5 special edition, with the Jasper architecture, which supposadly solved the RROD problems.

#14 Edited by ottoman673 (480 posts) -

Bummer that you've been through 5 360's, man.

I just recently gave my 360 to a younger sibling with a handful of games and am very quickly realizing that was a mistake... I didn't realize how much was still coming out for that gen. I suppose I can wait for PC Dark Souls 2 but I've also been poking around Craigslist for a cheap 360.

#15 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

@roger778 said:
@pinner458:Man, that's a bummer that your X-Box broke.

Man, that's a bummer that your X-boX broke.

#16 Posted by SOLO323 (34 posts) -

ive been through 8 360s it sucks when your system breaks hopefully my gears3 360 lasts

#17 Posted by pinner458 (599 posts) -

Can't buy digitally because my HD is full with arcade games. Plus I want to be able to play my collection of disc games anyway. Surprised at all the ill feeling towards Dead Space 3, its nothing near as good as 2 but its a decent shooter, sure they ditched the survival horror but I still enjoyed flying around in space and shooting off limbs. Its a 3 and 1/2 if not 4 for me. Brad gave it 3 stars but has since talked more positively about it.

Gears 3 360? nice. One of my favorite games of last gen.