What about a GB hat instead of a shirt?

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 16

#1  Edited By fobwashed

So far I've only been messing with shirts for PAX meetups. (You can also check out my blogs for the full story on those) Was toying with the idea of maybe doing a hat next time around. I've sorta got way more GB related shirts than I think I need... but I have so few hats. Here are some quick mock-ups.

No Caption Provided

My first job was working at a Subway in highschool so I'm sorta keen on the Subway riff. Especially since I literally used to own a subway hat for my job. Though I also like the way the Vib Ribbon would work with it being simple white lines on black. I dunno. Holla at me =]

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I don't know how many of us really want to be mistaken for Subway employees?? Maybe some?!

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By impartialgecko

Can there be one made out of nachos?

EDIT: Cool stuff duder, especially the Vib-ribbon design.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I don't think either of those look particularly great. It could be the hat itself which looks rather, cheap? The Vib-ribbon one just looks too busy on a hat and the Subway one, I'm just not a fan of smash ups like that. It reminds me too much of those "zombie" subway logos.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you're talking about hats, but a full Vib-Ribbon style Giant Bomb shirt sounds awesome. Even your current mock-up looks like it'd be pretty cool.

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I don't know how many of us really want to be mistaken for Subway employees?? Maybe some?!

It's just my own personal fantasy -_-;; It's an old joke pic I had floating around and was easy to PS on.

Can there be one made out of nachos?

EDIT: Cool stuff duder, especially the Vib-ribbon design.

A sombrero would be sorta cool but I'd rather shoot for something I'd be able to wear =P

I don't think either of those look particularly great. It could be the hat itself which looks rather, cheap? The Vib-ribbon one just looks too busy on a hat and the Subway one, I'm just not a fan of smash ups like that. It reminds me too much of those "zombie" subway logos.

The base hat I picked was literally a picture of a subway hat. Which are in fact, cheap as all hell =P The Vib one does seem really busy. I might prefer just a small version of the text aligned to either the left or the right and leave it at that with a quality base cap. Like say 3 or 4 inches long. I've also never seen the zombie subway thing you're mentioning. I'll look it up later =P

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you're talking about hats, but a full Vib-Ribbon style Giant Bomb shirt sounds awesome. Even your current mock-up looks like it'd be pretty cool.

Yea... I like the shirt idea too but I've seriously got a bunch of shirts that I've made that are all GB related and it's getting to be a bit much. If I did end up going with the shirt, I'd prolly make it look nice. What I've got is sorta a quick rough draft -_-;; Same goes for these hats. They're just stuff I have around pasted onto hats. I'd really like to do a nice, original hat fitted design but I just don't have the time~~ >,<

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

I like the vibomb, but I don't think any of those designs seem very good for a hat. I know it's not that fun to design, but I think just a simple logo would be better. Failing that, maybe something that's not a parody of some other logo?

Edit: Look up "zombies eat flesh".

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TruthTellah

@truthtellah said:

Yea... I like the shirt idea too but I've seriously got a bunch of shirts that I've made that are all GB related and it's getting to be a bit much. If I did end up going with the shirt, I'd prolly make it look nice. What I've got is sorta a quick rough draft -_-;; Same goes for these hats. They're just stuff I have around pasted onto hats. I'd really like to do a nice, original hat fitted design but I just don't have the time~~ >,<

I feel your pain, man, but... these really feel more like shirt designs. I don't know; they just don't look very much like they belong on a hat. Still kinda cool; I simply wouldn't want them on a hat. ha

I guess if you just had the Vibomb graphic on the hat it might work, but I'm not sure.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

I think the Vib-Ribbon inspired one would look pretty great on a beanie

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@fobwashed: That explains the cheapness! Damn corporates! The one of the Giant Bomb name might look better if you dropped the stars, but then I don't know if it follows the Vib-ribbon style enough. @dazzhardy's suggestion of a beanie is good I think, but I don't know if that's outside of your creation process?

Here's the image of the zombie subway mash up.

No Caption Provided

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the vibomb, but I don't think any of those designs seem very good for a hat. I know it's not that fun to design, but I think just a simple logo would be better. Failing that, maybe something that's not a parody of some other logo?

Edit: Look up "zombies eat flesh".

I've toyed with some ideas for hats and I'd like to either do a nice fat graphic or some simple text. I get the aversion to a parody but if not that, there'd be no reason not to just do the plain ol' GiantBomb logo and at that point, what'm I even doing?

I think the Vib-Ribbon inspired one would look pretty great on a beanie

Yup, definitely thought of the beanie. Only problem is I feel like less people would be into beanies than a regular cap.

@fobwashed: That explains the cheapness! Damn corporates! The one of the Giant Bomb name might look better if you dropped the stars, but then I don't know if it follows the Vib-ribbon style enough. @dazzhardy's suggestion of a beanie is good I think, but I don't know if that's outside of your creation process?

Here's the image of the zombie subway mash up.

No Caption Provided

Oh, I get it. It's cute but maybe too easy =P

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Rowr

Holy shit I want that vib ribbon one.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By EarlessShrimp

What would you think of doing a beanie-style one? Or might that be a little difficult?

superfriend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

only if it's a fancy hat. Like a stovepipe type thing.

Most people only wear this sort of thing at a convention anyway.

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I would definitely buy a GB hat, but it would probably have to be a fitted or sized one.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Brake

What about a fedora? Or a utilikilt?

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What would you think of doing a beanie-style one? Or might that be a little difficult?

Next thing you know we're all standing in the CBS parking lot, playing hackey sack with our Giant Bomb themed sack. This is a dark path!

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Jesus_Phish

@humanity: Personally I hope he does some Giant Bomb styled JNCO's

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Personally I hope he does some Giant Bomb styled JNCO's

I can't wait to buy some Giant Bomb® boxers from Fobwashed next to my Giant Bomb® dinner set.

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@earlessshrimp: Hell yeah I want a beanie! Make it black and have a tassel with a puffy at the end for the fuse.

I would also purchase a fanny pack.

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I would buy/wear a beanie but I hate regular-ass hats.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I spend a lot of time making my hair real fabulous in the morning, so I'm not a hat guy. Although, I do have to wear a tie to work. I'd wear a giant bomb tie in my very professional environment.

EarlessShrimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By EarlessShrimp

@humanity said:

@earlessshrimp said:

Next thing you know we're all standing in the CBS parking lot, playing hackey sack with our Giant Bomb themed sack. This is a dark path!

Can't I just re-live the 90s with a giantbomb theme for once in peace?!

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

@earlessshrimp said:

Can't I just re-live the 90s with a giantbomb theme for once in peace?!

Dood, here is my coolest new Giant Bomb mixtape! It's Smells like Teen Spirit on repeat on side A and Come As You Are on side B.

dazzhardy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fobwashed: As a long haired "hippie" I only ever really wear Beanie's. That, and I have a large head, which means most caps don't fit me.

Danteveli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 30

I would love a GB hat but I'm not big on all the snapbacks and stuff and prefer fullcaps. Still I digg the vib inspired one.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would wear a GB cap in public.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#29  Edited By Itwastuesday

Would wear the first vib design

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd be down just for a black hat with the classic Giant Bomb logo. Nothing fancy.

meatsofevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm in. Mostly because I wear a hat to work.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

Winter is coming up, I would totally wear a beanie with a bomb on it.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Add me to the beanie list.

That vib design is cool

Lanechanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

haha first thought that popped into my head

I'm into the idea of wearing a hat! Show off that GB swag during the summer!

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

#36  Edited By alistercat

The vib ribbon design would look good on a scarf.

personandstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By personandstuff

I just want a Fuck Ryan Davis hat.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I'm not big on the designs you have here (no offense, in general I am a fan of your work =) ), but I do like the idea of a Giant Bomb hat.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What about anything other than a shirt.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#40  Edited By sparklykiss

I'd be cool with just a Giant Bomb patch that I could put on a beanie because man-oh-man are my ears cold right now. D:

And I like the Vib Ribbon design, but it doesn't really fit on a hat imo.

EDIT: A hat that has a similar GB logo like the one on the back of the Gerstmania shirt could look pretty neat on a trucker hat or something. I'd wear that!

fobwashed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rowr said:

Holy shit I want that vib ribbon one.

The Vib Ribbon font is really spiffy =]

I still feel beanies would cater to a smaller crowd than a hat... tho hats prolly cater to a smaller crowd than a shirt so....

only if it's a fancy hat. Like a stovepipe type thing.

Most people only wear this sort of thing at a convention anyway.

I wear my hoodie and gamebomb/paper please stuff casually but I think I'd only wear the PAX one at a PAX.

@brake said:

What about a fedora? Or a utilikilt?

nope

I spend a lot of time making my hair real fabulous in the morning, so I'm not a hat guy. Although, I do have to wear a tie to work. I'd wear a giant bomb tie in my very professional environment.

This is my dilemma when it comes to a nice pair of cans. I much prefer their sound to my earbuds but they mess up my hair =\

The vib ribbon design would look good on a scarf.

I wouldn't even need that to be GB themed. A Vib Ribbon scarf would be fucking awesome >,<

I'm not big on the designs you have here (no offense, in general I am a fan of your work =) ), but I do like the idea of a Giant Bomb hat.

None taken =] To be honest, I don't much like these neither. I just slapped some previous stuff onto a hat to throw an image up with my thoughts =P

I'd be cool with just a Giant Bomb patch that I could put on a beanie because man-oh-man are my ears cold right now. D:

And I like the Vib Ribbon design, but it doesn't really fit on a hat imo.

EDIT: A hat that has a similar GB logo like the one on the back of the Gerstmania shirt could look pretty neat on a trucker hat or something. I'd wear that!

CC @buzz_clik on that. It sounds hot =D

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#42 sweep  Moderator

I feel like considering the repeated endorsement from The Ryckert, a Taco Bell riff would be more suitable.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im just not a hat guy

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes.

Yes.

Yes.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#45 MattyFTM  Moderator

I want something, anything, with the Vib Ribbon design. It's perfect. A hat. A shirt. Anything. Put it on fucking underwear and I'd still want it!!!

konig_kei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd buy a Giant Bomb doo rag.

scrappypixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If this was a camper hat I'd be all in!

Cluter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'd take a beanie with the Giant Bomb logo on it in a heartbeat. Maybe with a different design or something, but a beanie would be my jam.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brake: both AT THE SAME TIME :O

*tips multiple fedoras*

helvetica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By helvetica

I put together this mockup to further the pro-beanie agenda. We need a world with more beanies!

No Caption Provided