• 70 results
#1 Edited by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

So, looking down a list of what is coming out in the next few months it is a proverbial wasteland for new content. So what game/game(s) are you guys leaning towards to get your gaming fix this summer?

Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen is keeping me insanely busy right now. Hopefully Injustice will be a nice on/off game throughout the summer. I'm also looking possibly to re-attempt to beat at least one of these...

• Yakuza Dead Souls
  • Folklore
  • Resonance of Fate
  • GTA 4: Lost and Damned/ Gay Tony
#2 Posted by Donkeycow (556 posts) -

So far this summer i've been fiddling with EVE and some Total War.

#3 Edited by SMTDante89 (2560 posts) -

There's a pretty big backlog of games for me to play, including:

• Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
  • Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut
  • Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • Fire Emblem: Awakening
  • Should probably finish Guacamelee, I'm near the end now, I believe.
  • Pre-ordered The Last of Us, so that will be taking up a bit of my time, I'm sure
  • Still need to pre-order: SMT IV, Tales of Xillia, probably a few others I can't think of off the top of my head.
#4 Edited by PolkaDuke (10 posts) -

Been playing a lot of Eve again over the last week after Giant Bomb reminded me it exists, and I have a huge number of games on Steam I've never touched, so hopefully I'll be getting round to them. High priority games are:

• Crusader Kings 2
  • Arkham Asylum / City
  • Company of Heroes
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R
  • Sins of a Solar Empire
#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6230 posts) -

Metro, Wargame, CoH2, Grid 2. All the good games are soon. You trippin'.

#6 Posted by liquiddragon (229 posts) -

My backlog is so thick, I always look forward to the summer. Right now, im stuck on valkyria chronicles 2 so im trying to grind my way through and maybe I'll dig into sleeping dogs next.

#7 Posted by posh (473 posts) -

of the games I have right now I need to finish persona 4 golden, fire emblem awakening, dark souls, yakuza 3, dishonored, red dead redemption, XCOM enemy unknown, torchlight, diablo 3, dragon age origins, deus ex human revolution, zack & wiki, metroid prime 3, resident evil 4, fallout new vegas and L.A. noire but new leaf comes out at the start of summer so I probably won't touch any of those games

#8 Posted by phuzzybunny (172 posts) -

Finish Far Cry 3, Uncharted 3, Starcraft HOTS, and Witcher 2 hopefully

#9 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2231 posts) -

Hopefully LANing it up with my Bro in law and his kid in Blops 2 and Halo 4. Then my friend and I will hopefully be going back to Guild Wars 2.

#10 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

I'll most likely buy a 3ds and play all of the good games for that. Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, Luigi's Mansion, Monster Hunter Ultimate etc.

#11 Posted by Epidehl (286 posts) -

I really want to get a good co-op thing going with my brother. We've thought about doing White Knight Chronicles II, Final Fantasy XI (which we both used to play years ago), or I want to get a solid game of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles. Besides that, I've got Red Faction: Guerrilla and Sleeping Dogs from PS+ stuff on my PS3. Probably a lot more of Injustice as well.

#12 Edited by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Awakening, DMC, Bioshock Infinite, Tomb Raider, and I'd like to give both MGS: Rising and Halo: Anniversary a shot, but honestly I'm going to be really busy this summer so I don't know when I'm going to get around to playing this stuff. Oh yeah, and on top of that there's FTL.

#13 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Well, The Last of Us and Animal Crossing will basically sum up my new releases, but I'm thinking I'm probably going to go back and play Luigi's Mansion, Fire Emblem, Tomb Raider, Metal Gear Rising, and maybe StarCraft II HOTS (if I ever finish WoL)

Beyond that, I'm gonna end up playing a bunch of older games.

#14 Edited by Animasta (14667 posts) -

Crusader Kings 2 with the Old Gods expansion.

#16 Edited by pyromagnestir (4283 posts) -

I shall attempt to hack away at my Steam library, many options available there. I'm thinking Dragon Age Origins might finally get some quality time. For non steam games perhaps I'll take a whack at Red Dead Redemption before GTAV comes out, and after playing Bioshock Infinite I've been tempted to give Bioshock 2 a go. And I still need to finish Skyward Sword, plus I didn't make it very far in my quest to finish all the GB and GBA Zelda games...

Sleeping Dog coming to PS plus had tempted me to subscribe so I could play it and Vanquish, but now that I think about it I've got so many games I should probably play first.

#17 Posted by SomberOwl (649 posts) -
  • The Last of Us
  • Dragons Crown
  • Animal crossing and other 3ds games depending on reviews
  • Metro and Remember Me depending on reviews

Other than that I might get the Mass Effect 3 DLC and play that game again. I have all the achievements for 1 and 2 and kind of feel obligated to get them all for 3. Plus its an amazing game and I already beat it on the hardest difficulty, so it will be a more enjoyable experience on normal. I think I'm just trying to convince myself at this point to play it again.

#18 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5814 posts) -

I know for a fact that I will be getting Shin Megami Tensei IV, and that will probably take up most of the second half of my summer.

For now I just need to beat Soul Hackers, and then I'll find something else to keep me busy. I'm considering Shadow Hearts Covenant, or Yakuza 2.

Also I'm keeping an eye on Metro, The Last of Us, Animal Crossing, and Project X Zone, though I only have enough money to buy one of them. Not sure if I'll even have time to play them since I'm taking a class in June :(

#19 Posted by Pr1mus (3857 posts) -

Civ V when Brave New World comes out and i'm seriously considering resubbing to WoW. Haven't played since early Cataclysm.

Otherwise nothing until GTA V.

For now it's SC2 and D3.

#20 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3156 posts) -

I'll probably try and finish Skyrim, been playing it off and on for the past two years. I put in about 75 hours into that game but just completed all the side stuff and nothing of the main story.

#21 Posted by Peacemaker (1102 posts) -

I think I'm going to take the time to play some older stuff that I've built up through the steam sales. Maybe get back into Skyrim also. I'm a little bummed there's no rockstar game out. For the past few years they've had a game come out around this time that I would play a bunch. Shit, I might just go back and play some Red Dead Redemption.

#22 Edited by Clonedzero (4198 posts) -

I just picked up Dragons Dogma last week. Already beat it, but I'm going to start a second playthrough today since i beat it too fast and totally missed the whole Dark Arisen stuff.

I'd like to pick up the Witcher 2 at some point and play that, I've been saying I've been wanting to play it forever. Maybe I'll finally get around to playing it, since i love me some good RPGs.

Aside from that, probably go back to the well of dark souls, farcry 3, injustice and halo 4.

#23 Edited by Ben_H (3336 posts) -

Big plans:

• replay old Luigi's Mansion
  • play new Luigi's Mansion
  • Starcraft II pretty much every day
  • LA Noire and DLC (almost done this one. The DLC is actually pretty good. I am enjoying this game a lot more than I remembered)
  • more Starcraft II
  • The Witchers
  • new Animal Crack... err... Crossing
  • The other 15 games I have for my 3DS
  • more Starcraft II
  • XCOM on higher difficulties
  • Simcity 4
  • S.T.A.L.K.E.R: CoP (finish it. I am almost done)
  • Metro 2033
  • Skyrim
  • Neverwinter Nights 2
  • more Starcraft II

I think that about sums it up. Yes that is a lot. I am going to have absolutely no free time during school next year (9 computer science classes) so I am going to try and cram in a ton this summer.

Also since the term "Summer Jam" is mentioned:

#24 Posted by Zeik (2342 posts) -

The Last of Us in June and then when Shin Megami Tensei 4 comes out I won't give a shit about anything else for good long while.

#25 Edited by Capum15 (4857 posts) -

I can see myself putting a lot more time into Don't Starve. Also, more Guild Wars 2 is a given. A bit of Minecraft, Red Alert 3; finish up Far Cry 3, Assassins Creed 3, Skyrim and Mass Effect 3. Probably try removing some mods so New Vegas doesn't crash every hour. Maybe finally getting around to playing X-COM and Alice: Madness Returns.

I have a lot of games that are either unplayed or unfinished, so I should be well and good until GTA V and Saints Row 4. I may have to just pick a game and burn through it as fast as I can, and repeat that for a while.

#26 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2216 posts) -

I'm actually going back and playing through Wii games on my Wii U specifically ones I haven't finished so Donkey Kong Country Returns might be next after I play Metro Last Light.

#27 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Suppose I'll keep playing Injustice, though not really anything left to accomplish on that front. Upcoming post on Romance of the Three Kingdoms IX which I'm definitely getting back into, I'll Platinum RE6 along the way as well and whatever comes out on PS+

#28 Edited by TheCreamFilling (1225 posts) -

I just picked up Asura's Wrath, that should be fun.

#29 Posted by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@thecreamfilling: Thats one I've been waiting to get absolutely dirt cheap. Considering you essentially have to pony up money to get the "real" ending.

#30 Edited by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

I've unintentionally developed a tradition of playing through a whole series over the summer drought. I think this year I'm going to tackle Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War. Throw in some Dragon's Dogma and 3DS stuff and I'm good to go.

#31 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4187 posts) -

The stuff I didn't finish this semester, and then some.

1. Dead Space 3
  2. Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon
  3. The Last of Us
  4. GTA V (I think I might jump on..)
#32 Edited by Demoskinos (14730 posts) -

@soapy86: That sounds like crazy mans talk. Good luck sir! You going to play the Hack 'n Slash too or just the core games?

@blu3v3nom07 Shocking. Got GTA V months in advance did you? ;D

#33 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2343 posts) -

I'm probably just going to pick up some 3DS games like Project X Zone and clear a bit of this backlog up.

The latter of that sentence was pure bullshit.

#34 Posted by SycoMantis91 (30 posts) -

I still need to work on GTA 4. A friend of mine is letting me finally try his copy of Chrystal Chronicles, and I hope to a least get somewhere in either Lunar: Silver Star Story or the original Xenosaga. Oh, and Disgaea is coming from Gamefly.

#35 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4187 posts) -

@demoskinos: That GTA multi and LoU multi will have to hold me over until next-gen.

Ohh, and the 2nd and 3rd AC III DLC. Go and see who's left in that multi..

And some more fucking Bit Trip Runner 2! I can't tell you many times me and my friend would yell at my TV, "Mother-fucker!" and then punch my arm-chair. :D

#36 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

@demoskinos: Yeah, that too. In total, including the expansions and Space Marine, I've got eight games of 40K to get through. Well...seven. I've played through most of the first game already.

#37 Edited by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#38 Posted by Rebel_Scum (676 posts) -

• GTA 4: Gay Tony

Play Lost and dammed first, but Gay Tony is probably the best part of GTA IV

#39 Edited by Hailinel (24284 posts) -

I'll be getting a few games for sure in the coming months; most notably Project X Zone, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Shin Megami Tensei IV. If I have any time to dig into my backlog:

• Kessen II
  • Rule of Rose
  • Warriors Orochi 3 Hyper (Still. I don't know if I'll ever be done with it.)
  • More Fire Emblem: Awakening, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, and Etrian Odyssey IV
  • Pokemon Conquest
#40 Edited by bobafettjm (1441 posts) -

Well since summer is a lot more busy for me work wise than the rest of the year I will probably be playing a lot less games.

#41 Posted by SpoogeMcduck (186 posts) -

I'm going to see how far I can get into EVE. Will re-up my subscription to Warcraft when the next patch is out and play around for a month. Try getting into Guild Wars 2 some more, and Neverwinter and City of Steam(I play MMO's because I work from home and don't have interaction with people for much of the week). Then I'm going to replay Batman Arkham City to get ready for the next game in October(please don't suck!!)

#42 Edited by Nightriff (4972 posts) -

Nothing until I finish Skyward Sword, I just beat the Sandship and I got to beat it before I burn out again on it. After that I want to play Bioshock: Infinite again for fun and because the game is fucking amazing. Then after that? Well either...

• Last of Us
  • Dead Space 2
  • Majora's Mask or Wind Waker if Skyward doesn't kill me on Zelda games for awhile
  • Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

These are the ones that stand out to me, I'm still in school during most of the summer but I'll try and fit in one or two of these games between now and August where my free time triples pretty much.

#43 Posted by meganralph (26 posts) -

Gotta get through Far Cry 3, Spec Ops: The Line and some older stuff like Red Dead and Fallout: New Vegas for me.

#44 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Probably a looooooooooooooooooooooooooooot of Dota 2.

#45 Edited by Atlas (2435 posts) -

Well there's an expansion for Crusader Kings II coming out in late May and the expansion for Civilization 5 coming out in July. So probably gonna be a ton of strategising going on this summer.

As always though, there's still a ton of games that I own and haven't played, such as Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Sleeping Dogs, Saints Row The Third, Darksiders 2, and Singularity. And then there's my greatest shame in my pile of shame - despite having played some of it, I still haven't finished The Witcher 2, despite loving the original and being a huge RPG fan.

#46 Edited by SomeJerk (3203 posts) -

+ Atelier Ayesha: The Alchemist of Dusk , which I bought by accident and haven't felt like starting up. Just waiting for the right summer day.

(Hey WYSIWYG editor, I'd like to have that text below the images, not to the side of 'em)

#47 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1237 posts) -

Just ordered a few game to start off my summer:

• Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen
  • Persona 3
  • Demon Souls
  • You don't know Jack

The rest I will get when they come out or when I am done with these games.

#48 Edited by Jrinswand (1701 posts) -

Dota 2 and Skyrim. Those are really my only gaming plans for the foreseeable future.

#49 Posted by Mutley (300 posts) -

I have ALOT of games I'm planning on tackling on this summer.

Currently going through Fallout New Vegas and Persona 4 Golden.

After these I'm going to ATTEMPT to finish these games-

• Luigi's Mansion 2
  • Persona 4: Arena (Just got released in EU)
  • Witcher 2
  • Jak and Daxter Trilogy
  • Virtue's Last Reward
  • Tomb Raider
  • Ni No Kuni
  • Last of Us (When it's released.)

So I have my work cut out for me on my gaming plan....

#50 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2020 posts) -

I think most of my summer will end up being JRPGs, particularly me catching up on Shin Megami Tensei since I now have a 3DS and Vita and have been long removed from the Persona games since I finished FES and P4. Of course there'll be the occasional shooter and Crusader Kings 2, though!

• Ni No Kuni
  • SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
  • SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked & 2
  • SMT IV when that comes out
  • Persona 2: Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment
  • Crusader Kings 2: The Republic & Old Gods
  • Black Ops 2, because somehow I never played it yet