What Are Some Of The Worst Endings You seen In a Video Game?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Alone in the Dark comes to my mind. There was a bad and worse ending pretty much. In the end you''ll feel like everything you've done was pointless. I remember laughing thinking to myself how everything I've done was meaningless.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

I hereby declare that Mass Effect 3 CANNOT be mentioned in this thread. It simply ain't happening.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

Yeah outside of mass effect name something else people.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By TheHBK

Metal Gear Solid series.

Maybe not the events per se, well after the first one, each one was just horrible. The endless monologues about some lesson or theme Kojima was focused on. The cliffhangers and nonexistant surprises that just turned out to be nothing.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#5  Edited By elyk247

Indigo Prophecy was played up quite well, but the aftermath and what happened was so cliche. Yeah, there were multiple endings but they were all just tiny variations, kinda like the no-no game mentioned earlier.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By falserelic

@TheHBK said:

Metal Gear Solid series.

Maybe not the events per se, well after the first one, each one was just horrible. The endless monologues about some lesson or theme Kojima was focused on. The cliffhangers and nonexistant surprises that just turned out to be nothing.

I'm kinda surprised to see you said metal gear.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Red Dead Redemption

Darksiders

Portal 2

Silent Hill 2

Discoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Discoman

I didn't like the LA Noire ending much, but it had to end that way. Well, they probably didn't need to do the flood thing but whatever.

I think any game that has a cliffhanger ending and never had a sequel is up there.

MGS4 was too corny and too much fanservice. Having Big Boss come back was a really poor decision.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By Hailinel

@Video_Game_King said:

I hereby declare that Mass Effect 3 CANNOT be mentioned in this thread. It simply ain't happening.

PARADOX.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Hailinel said:

@Video_Game_King said:

PARADOX.

NIXON WINS THE ELECTION.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By zeforgotten

I played through some Sniper game (it was terrible and free!) that came out like.. 2010 or 2011? something like that.. shot a guy, credits.. 

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By HellBrendy

Can't really come up with THAT ending I hated, but I will say the latter part of Deus Ex Human Revolution was crap. Here they have a great opportunity to comment on human augmentation and where to draw the line and so forth and so forth, but they jerk it into some conspiracy shit instead. That dissapointed me alot.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By falserelic

@HellBrendy said:

Can't really come up with THAT ending I hated, but I will say the latter part of Deus Ex Human Revolution was crap. Here they have a great opportunity to comment on human augmentation and where to draw the line and so forth and so forth, but they jerk it into some conspiracy shit instead. That dissapointed me alot.

I felt the same way too.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By zaccheus

Well I would have said the game that is not going to be mentioned in this thread, but the other one that comes to mind is Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days. That game has the most amazing anticlimax, it just rolls credits and stuns you. What the fuck was that?

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MiniPato

@TheHBK said:

Metal Gear Solid series.

I partly agree. I really liked the endings to MGS2 and MGS3. But I felt MGS4 was a poor ending to the series overall.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Godlyawesomeguy

Red Dead Redemption

Darksiders

Portal 2

Silent Hill 2

Oh god what the fuck, man! RDR, Darksiders and Portal 2? They have awesome endings! I hate you do much right now. Come here so I can cut you.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Dragon Age 2.

dredavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By dredavis

Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days - it doesn't end, it just stops. Oh, also Assassin's Creed II. Hate cliffhangers.

Jackhole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Jackhole

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Red Dead Redemption

what

Vestigial_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vestigial_Man

Enslaved : Odyssey to the West had an awful ending. The really interesting emotional peaks came too early and then it introduces a whole bunch of new ideas before... CREDITS. It just stops with no indication of what happens next despite setting up a whole bunch of stuff. Which is sad because the rest of the game's story was great with a fascinating world, really good characters and the some moments leading up to the end that were some of the most touching I've seen in the last 10 years of gaming.

cutyoface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cutyoface

@Discoman said:

I didn't like the LA Noire ending much, but it had to end that way. Well, they probably didn't need to do the flood thing but whatever.

I would have to agree with this because it was so sudden.

xaLieNxGrEyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xaLieNxGrEyx

Silent Hill 2, MGS2 and 3 all have some of the greatest endings in gaming.

Whatever you guys are smoking keep it the hell away from me.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Jothel
@Jackhole

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Red Dead Redemption

what

Yeah seriously
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By huntad

Wow, you're on a roll with these questions.

I didn't care for MGS2's ending.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By JoeyRavn

Sniper's ending is pretty bad. Finish last mission, fade to black, "THE END". Just like that.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By mosespippy

Borderlands was pretty shit.

I disliked Devil May Cry's ending some but I can't remember why. Maybe I thought it was too easy compared to the rest of the game. That game ended with just shooting the final boss twice and then flying off the island before it blew up right?

Jay444111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jay444111

@xaLieNxGrEyx said:

Silent Hill 2, MGS2 and 3 all have some of the greatest endings in gaming.

Whatever you guys are smoking keep it the hell away from me.

I may not have played Silent Hill 2 all the way yet, I will have to agree with your statement. Also I am including RDR in this as well because I freaking love that ending. Also Enslaved for just being fucking awesome IMO of course.

Prince of Persia 08... it is... just horrible.

Borderlands.

Sims 3 because the only way to end that game is if it glitched or if you died.

Viewtiful Joe 2... where is 3... oh yeah, Capcom are dicks.

I am going to include a movie one in here as well and am going to just say it.

Starship Troopers 3 is not only the worst movie of all time. (I am completely willing to fight on this one.) But it also has a HORRIBLE ending. Basically the military officially becomes a sort of holy army now or something. It is a level of stupid above even... hm... Mass Effect 3's ending. Just saying.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By NMC2008

Enslaved, RAGE, Crackdown, all Splinter Cell games after part 1, Deathsmiles, Ghostbusters The Game, Monster Madness, Perfect Dark Zero, Eat Lead.

Endings that pissed me off:

L.A. Noire, Mafia 2, Lost Odyssey(you know why).

Erk_Forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Erk_Forever

Finished Syndicate today.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By awesomeusername

I would have to say Jak 3, not because it was bad, but because I hated it. Why? because Jak kissed that bitch Ashelin instead of Keira! Naughty Dog doesn't know anything about romance those fuckers. You just don't build up relationships in games just to throw it out the window like that! Ashelin was flirting with Torn at the end of Jak II because they had a thing for each other and Jak and Keira almost kissed in both the first 2 games! Fuck Naughty Dog! Seriously!

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Godlyawesomeguy

Red Dead Redemption

Darksiders

Portal 2

Silent Hill 2

Oh god what the fuck, man! RDR, Darksiders and Portal 2? They have awesome endings! I hate you do much right now. Come here so I can cut you.

Let's cut him together. I hate this guy!

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MariachiMacabre

@awesomeusername said:

I would have to say Jak 3, not because it was bad, but because I hated it. Why? because Jak kissed that bitch Ashelin instead of Keira! Naughty Dog doesn't know anything about romance those fuckers. You just don't build up relationships in games just to throw it out the window like that! Ashelin was flirting with Torn at the end of Jak II because they had a thing for each other and Jak and Keira almost kissed in both the first 2 games! Fuck Naughty Dog! Seriously!

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Godlyawesomeguy

Red Dead Redemption

Darksiders

Portal 2

Silent Hill 2

must die for his transgressions!

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By YI_Orange

I guess the one that comes to mind first is Syndicate. Not because the rest of the story was good, but you should have just shot that other dude and Lily and been best friend murder-pals with Merit.

Also, I get strangest sense that is trying to bait responses.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By awesomeusername

@MariachiMacabre said:

@awesomeusername said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

@Godlyawesomeguy

Red Dead Redemption

Darksiders

Portal 2

Silent Hill 2

must die for his transgressions!

And for treason and his betrayal against the empire!

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By zaccheus

@YI_Orange said:

Also, I get strangest sense that is trying to bait responses.

No way! Who would do such a thing? And on the Internet of all places.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Revan_NL

Mass Effect 3 obviously (had to mention it). But MGS4 is pretty horrible. I could've ended strong, with Snake ending his life, instead we go a looooong monologue.

Svenzon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#36  Edited By Svenzon

I bought the GOTY ediiton of Borderlands and was pumped to play all the DLC. Then I completed the main game. The final boss and ending made me so mad I never played the game again.

Homefront was terrible from beginning to end and the ending was just icing on the shitcake. Suddenly you're expected to care about the jackass that has done nothing but fuck up and cause trouble for everyone (and block doorways for you) because he out of the blue decides to sacrifice himself? Fuck you, Kaos Studios and fuck you, John Milius. God, that game pissed me off more than it should have.

Then there are the games where you're expecting a big payoff but the game basically goes "Well, time to call it a day" and fades to black. I guess at some level I'd rather have that than a bad ending, but you feel kinda cheated. Medal of Honor: Allied Assault, which was a great shooter back in the day, did this. You get on a train and "THE END". The original Syndicate also just goes "THE END", which was pretty disappointing considering how extremely difficult the final mission is.

CyborgDuo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By CyborgDuo

I really didn't like Max Payne 3's ending. It didn't feel right with the character, even though he had resolved a bit of the torment within himself. It seems like you can't go through that much fucked-up stuff, kill one dude, and move on with your life.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#38  Edited By Sooperspy

LA Noire instantly came up in my mind.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I really didn't like L.A. Noire's ending. Apparently, it's typical to the "noire" genre, but I felt it was abrupt and unrewarding. I didn't need a good ending, but one that I felt was well executed, at least.

Also, MGS4's ending went on for too long. Snake killing himself would have obviously been very impactful, but even without that all of the talking made it pretty tedious.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#40  Edited By nightriff

RDR, GTA4 and LA Noire, almost any Rockstar game sadly. For some reason the first 10 hours of their games are fantastic and then they just can't end the games. Very depressing.

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#41  Edited By Red

Fallout 3's ending could've been good (the moral choice it asks you is a good one), but its execution was awful.

Also, ending Fire Emblem: The Blazing Sword with a short scene detailing the beginning of FE6--which still isn't released stateside--was just evil.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By falserelic

I agree with the guys that said Kane And Lynch 2: Dog Shit. I just threw my hands up and said fuck this ending. I was so pissed how sudden the game ended. When the game was starting to get interesting it was over in a flash. The 60 bucks I spent was spent in vain dammit.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By zombie2011

Halo 2.

While it wasn't a bad ending, i don't mind cliff hangers for games you know are going to get a sequal, it sucked we had to wait 3 years to finish the story.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Games that don't end but just stop, like Kane and Lynch 2 for example. Fallout 3 had a really crappy ending. Black Ops ending was decent, although the way you killed the bad guy was super underwhelming and the whole ending was both corny and ridiculous, just stupid.

Oh, and how can I forget! Halo 2! I was like: "Yeah! Let's fucking do this! What? Is that the ending?! What the fuck is going to happen?!"

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FluxWaveZ said:

I really didn't like L.A. Noire's ending. Apparently, it's typical to the "noire" genre, but I felt it was abrupt and unrewarding. I didn't need a good ending, but one that I felt was well executed, at least.

Also, MGS4's ending went on for too long. Snake killing himself would have obviously been very impactful, but even without that all of the talking made it pretty tedious.

While I like the ending they came up with, I do agree that Snake actually going through with it would've been the ultimate ending, quite literally. You can probably blame Konami HQ for that decision more than Kojipro, though. 
TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TheHumanDove

Mass effect 3

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By falserelic

@TheHumanDove said:

Mass effect 3

Holy Shit! you just had to go there didn't you?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By TheHumanDove

@falserelic said:

@TheHumanDove said:

Mass effect 3

Holy Shit! you just had to go there didn't you?

I regret nothing

dietmango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -4

User Lists: 13

#49  Edited By dietmango

@mosespippy said:

Borderlands was pretty shit.

I disliked Devil May Cry's ending some but I can't remember why. Maybe I thought it was too easy compared to the rest of the game. That game ended with just shooting the final boss twice and then flying off the island before it blew up right?

I agree. After you beat the final boss it was just like "Hey, congrats, you beat the game! Credits." I'm like what? That's it? Plus that boss fight was pretty freakin' lame.

The final boss of DMC1 still had a life bar so you kinda had to "fight" him in a specific amount of time. And then you shoot him once then flying off the island.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mikey87144

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Red Dead Redemption

Darksiders

Portal 2

Silent Hill 2

Can't speak for Silent Hill 2 but the rest of those games have very good endings.