What Are Some Of The Worst Endings You seen In a Video Game?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#201  Edited By Hailinel

@1337W422102 said:

• Neither of No More Heroes' endings offered any kind of closure, which was especially disappointing considering all of the plot twists/revelations late into the game.

That was the point. Hell, No More Heroes ends with the characters directly referencing the fact that they have too much left to resolve and just want to find an out.

Avatar image for disquisedjustin
DisquisedJustin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#202  Edited By DisquisedJustin

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood'd ending kinda upset me, it just felt abrupt and unfullfilling, especially how awesome AC2's ending was, AC1's ending sucked too.

Bionic Commando's ending was ridiculously stupid, was made even worse by the whole "You're wife lives in your legs" twist. I also hated Fable 2's ending cause there was no boss like they set you up to believe, and they also just basically say "You beat Lucien, now go back into the world and keep doing stuff for no reason!", just bummed me out.

Lastly, I thought both Bioshock and Resident Evil 5's ending's were anti-climatic, just both felt rushed and didn't seem to have any really huge inpact to the rest of the story.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#203  Edited By ImaTreee

Resident Evil 5... it's too cheesy

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#204  Edited By 1337W422102
@Hailinel said:

@1337W422102 said:

• Neither of No More Heroes' endings offered any kind of closure, which was especially disappointing considering all of the plot twists/revelations late into the game.

That was the point. Hell, No More Heroes ends with the characters directly referencing the fact that they have too much left to resolve and just want to find an out.

I know, they joke about it and everything, but I would have liked a conclusion, some kind of closure, you know?  That being said, the final battle was badass as hell and the post-credits sequence was borderline killer7-level of weird, which I dug.  Also, at the beginning of Desperate Struggle, they seem to ignore the last two hours or so of NMH1, as if the plot twists/revelations were never made, further playing with the ending.  I get the humour, don't get me wrong.
rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#205  Edited By rolanthas

Probably RAGE. It almost cuts out mid sentence.

KingHippp0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#206  Edited By KingHippp0

KOTOR 2.

MudMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#207  Edited By MudMan

You guys are not digging deep enough. Not even close.

• Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. Best game that year, literally ends mid-cutscene with a "To be Continued". Promptly forgiven by LoK: Defiance having one of the best game endings ever. Also, Amy Hennig, you rock.
  • Any of the famously terrible 8/16-bit era endings. Super Mario Bros 2 is all a dream. Conglaturations. All that stuff.
  • Spider-Man 2. The PSOne version. Came out in 2001 and the final boss fight happened in the World Trade Center. Obviously got re-cut and they changed the building. The bad part? Well, the main mechanical challenge for the boss fight was to hop from one of the towers to the other to push some switches and the redesign just put a big block between the two towers to make them seem like a single building, so the game ends with your friendly neighborhood Stroll-Man slowly walking back and forth between both spots.
  • Monkey Island 2. Also best ending ever. Regardless of your stance in this, Monkey Island 3, definitely worst beginning ever for ret-conning it.
  • It's not the worst ending ever, but it's certainly one of the biggest WTFs: Half Life 1. I mean, WTF? And that applies to everything after travelling across dimensions.

Bonus good ending: Second Sight. That game has exactly one twist in it, but man... whatatwist!

Avatar image for deactivated-5998b7e12fabb
deactivated-5998b7e12fabb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eternal Sonata - I loved that game, there was so much that I enjoyed of it but the story just starts unraveling so badly towards the end. But I suppose that's typical of a lot of JRPGs.

Indigo Prophecy/ Fahrenheit - When they introduced supernatural elements to that story, I lost all interest and couldn't have cared less about the story towards the end.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#209  Edited By WinterSnowblind

LA Noire's ending really annoyed me. I think the depressing endings can work well, Red Dead Redemption is the perfect example, but with LA Noire it felt like a very forced attempt to be emotional. It was generic, predictable and unsatisfying.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#210  Edited By Aegon
jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#211  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

I feel like I've seen 10 of these threads in the last 2 months.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Marcsman

Catherine

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#213  Edited By Rebel_Scum

Tomb Raider on PSX. After such an epic game all you get is a 5 second clip then credits. Rude.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#214  Edited By Humanity

The Skyrim ending comes to mind as the most recent game I "finished" - I mean Oblivion was kinda weak but it was something BUT Skyrim oh man it's just "oh yah ok well good thing that guy is gone too bad it changes nothing and uhh see ya around" and the game just goes. I wish they made a shout that made the credits start rolling across the sky, even that would have been better.