What are some of the worst games you ever played?

• 129 results
Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Devil240Z

THE REST OF THE TITLE IS, "But you thought would be good". God damned 60 character limit!

For me the ps2 version of just cause and test drive unlimited 2 come to mind straight away. I remember getting Just Cause from gamefly and popping it in and being nearly immediately met with insane bugs, like in probably the first mission I remember a boat spawning 200 feet in the air and landing on a building. And with TDU2 I was so excited for the promise of that game I pre-ordered it for PS3. But when I played it, I was so mad at how awful it was.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By bluefish

I played the Vampire Rain demo. Holy shit

I played Bullet Witch to completion. That game is not good at all ever.

I played Dead or Alive Extreme 2 until I obtained an achievement (literally ANY achievement would do, it took over 20 hours) and that's a fuckin' terrible game.

I bought Ninety Nine Nights for $5 and that game sucks ass.

I bought the TMNT game based on the movie from a few years ago for $2 and I'm angry that I wasted my life playing it.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Steadying

Alone in the Dark for 360. I was soooooo excited for that game and it turned out to be crap. Same with Alan Wake.

Oh yeah, I haven't played it, but I'm still severely disappointed to hear that Lords of Shadow 2 is so poor. I was really looking forward to finishing that story, but I hear it just kinda sucks in almost every way, including that.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Most recently?

I really really believed that Hitman: Absolution was going to be good.

its funny, I used to be a huge hitman fan. But I just knew in my heart that it could never be good again after Bloodmoney/Contracts.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Brutal Legend sure was a piece of shit that came out of nowhere. It started off as a good game and then took a left turn to the sewers.

Nier and Red Faction Guerrilla were games that people say say are good. After playing them I think they have no redeeming qualities at all and people who like them are not people I will listen to in the future.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brutal Legend sure was a piece of shit that came out of nowhere. It started off as a good game and then took a left turn to the sewers.

Nier and Red Faction Guerrilla were games that people say say are good. After playing them I think they have no redeeming qualities at all and people who like them are not people I will listen to in the future.

I bought Nier because of those people and haven't played it yet.. now I'm scared. Granted, I did pay about $5 for it.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Devil240Z

I tried to play Nier once too. I think its appeal is how freaking weird it gets.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Despite all the bad reviews I still thought RE6 would be a bit of fun for a longtime RE fan, I was wrong...

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dishonored

Thought game was going to be great, but it was one of the most awful games I've ever played.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benspyda said:

Despite all the bad reviews I still thought RE6 would be a bit of fun for a longtime RE fan, I was wrong...

My father may be the biggest RE fan on earth. He has loved pretty much every RE game ever made. Even those weird offshoot ones on PS3. He completely gave up on RE6. I think he has beaten every other RE game at least a dozen times each.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: but hitman absolution is good, just has a bad middle part.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

@humanity: but hitman absolution is good, just has a bad middle part.

While I don't share the same vitriolic hate for it as you do for Dishonored, as a long time Hitman fan and true believer of Absolution until the very end - that game was simply too broken mechanically and too unlike Hitman in numerous ways. There were only a handful of what I'd call authentic, open ended missions, which were sadly connected by the worst corridor sneaking interludes imaginable. This combined with the disguise system that simply worked at odds with the premise of the game, made me really struggle to even keep playing. After Blood Money which was excellent in every way conceivable, this was a hard fall from grace.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: It has a great story, characters and music. Just go in expecting that and some really mediocre gameplay and you should be fine.

And oh god, I forgot about Dishonored. What a horrible game that was.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Humanity

@humanity: It has a great story, characters and music. Just go in expecting that and some really mediocre gameplay and you should be fine.

And oh god, I forgot about Dishonored. What a horrible game that was.

Thats what I heard.

Although I honestly don't understand people that hate Dishonored. Maybe you were sold on the game being something else? I went in expecting a supernaturally buffed stealth game and thats exactly what I got. Unless you abhor stealth games, I don't see what people find so offensive about it to go as far as to claim it was "horrible" - JZ aside as I've heard him explain it a few times already.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@humanity: I'm lucky. I was able to play my brother in laws copy, so it never cost me anything.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Horrible was probably the wrong word there. I mostly dislike Dishonored because of how much I wanted to, and should like it. Like, you play as an awesome super natural assassin dude. Cool, right?.....Well, apparently the developers didn't think so, because the game punishes you with a bad ending and other crap if you even use most of your cool powers. I thought the lethal gameplay in that game was pretty fun and tight, but fuuuck, the non-lethal stuff was just sooooooo boring. And on top of that, the story was just terrible. Aaaaand, on top of that, even after I forced myself to stay non-lethal the whole game, I was " rewarded " with one of the most rushed endings I've ever seen in a video game. So yeah.

Sorry for getting a little rant-y there, but I just really think Dishonored should have been one of the best games of the last generation of consoles, but it just wasn't at all imo.

TreeTrunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Payday the Heist. It's the only game I've ever played that made me feel angry while playing, all you do is shoot cops for half an hour at a time and then you come to realise you wasted 4 hours of your life doing some mission where all you did was shoot cops, well, the missions I've done involve protecting someone and waiting for the mortar to burn a hole in the ground, but really all you're doing is shooting cops. The guns feel like toys, graphics are a cross between cartoony and realistic. I just wish I could remove it from my steam library even if I can't get a refund for it.

btw Dishonored is one of the best games I've every played, that non-lethal ending was so awesome. You don't play as a supernatural assassin, you play as a Lord Protector.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Payday the Heist. It's the only game I've ever played that made me feel angry while playing, all you do is shoot cops for half an hour at a time and then you come to realise you wasted 4 hours of your life doing some mission where all you did was shoot cops, well, the missions I've done involve protecting someone and waiting for the mortar to burn a hole in the ground, but really all you're doing is shooting cops. The guns feel like toys, graphics are a cross between cartoony and realistic. I just wish I could remove it from my steam library even if I can't get a refund for it.

btw Dishonored is one of the best games I've every played, that non-lethal ending was so awesome. You don't play as a supernatural assassin, you play as a Lord Protector.

Thats kind of what I thought about Payday just by looking at it.

Avatar image for omniscientcajun
omniscientcajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Some of those classic answers jump into my mind: Superman 64, Glover, Oni (less classic, but I have memories of trying to play that game).

Scanning when the logs I started keeping about 2-and-a-half years ago, the only game that jumps out at me as truly terrible is the much-beloved by parts of this community Alpha Protocol. I'm sure that'll be divisive, but that's what makes for good conversation (like some of the posters stated dislike/hatred for Dishonored, a game I enjoyed more than I thought I would).

I found the world uninteresting and unmemorable, the look of the game similarly unimpressive, and the shooting mechanics downright cumbersome and bad. I didn't play through it - stopped after the extended training sequence and the first mission - and I've heard it does get more interesting (more engaging dialogue, more intriguing characters, etc.), but I just cannot afford it that chance when there's so much else to play that doesn't ask me to be miserable for at least 90 minutes.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#21  Edited By benspyda

@benspyda said:

My father may be the biggest RE fan on earth. He has loved pretty much every RE game ever made. Even those weird offshoot ones on PS3. He completely gave up on RE6. I think he has beaten every other RE game at least a dozen times each.

I've been on board with just about every RE game since the original, even the weird PS1 first person games and the outbreak games on ps2. RE6 is the first one that has completely lost me. I finished the Leon campaign and just gave up on the game during the Chris one. Turns out letting you move and shoot actually did ruin the series... and the addition of coop.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@benspyda said:
@devil240z said:

@benspyda said:

I've been on board with just about every RE game since the original, even the weird PS1 first person games and the outbreak games on ps2. RE6 is the first one that has completely lost me. I finished the Leon campaign and just gave up on the game during the Chris one. Turns out letting you move and shoot actually did ruin the series... and the addition of coop.

Yup pretty much how my dad felt as well. He got a PS3(his first console since the wii) about a month ago and he probably beat RE5 10 times in a week. Then he started up RE6 and totally hated it.

Now hes playing Amy. And I think he likes it.

dkessler175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To this day I do not know if there was something wrong with the cart or not when I rented it when I was 9, but the nickelodeon guts! game was terrible.

That and fusion frenzy.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To this day I do not know if there was something wrong with the cart or not when I rented it when I was 9, but the nickelodeon guts! game was terrible.

That and fusion frenzy.

I really should have spent the time I played Fusion Frenzy playing Mario Party instead.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

@humanity: Horrible was probably the wrong word there. I mostly dislike Dishonored because of how much I wanted to, and should like it. Like, you play as an awesome super natural assassin dude. Cool, right?.....Well, apparently the developers didn't think so, because the game punishes you with a bad ending and other crap if you even use most of your cool powers. I thought the lethal gameplay in that game was pretty fun and tight, but fuuuck, the non-lethal stuff was just sooooooo boring. And on top of that, the story was just terrible. Aaaaand, on top of that, even after I forced myself to stay non-lethal the whole game, I was " rewarded " with one of the most rushed endings I've ever seen in a video game. So yeah.

Sorry for getting a little rant-y there, but I just really think Dishonored should have been one of the best games of the last generation of consoles, but it just wasn't at all imo.

I had the same disappointments with Dishonored. I've never seen a game whose story actively discourages you from playing it in the most fun way possible. I found myself having far, far more fun with it when I said fuck-all to the story and just started killing dudes whenever and however I wanted to. I got the bad ending but who cares? The world's gone to hell anyway and Corvo's too psychopathic to even care about talking.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: you know what? I think your actually in the minority for liking dishonored actually.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn said:

Either I'm good at compartmentalizing bad gaming experiences or I've just managed to successfully avoid bad games. The only one that comes to mind is Alpha Protocol on PC, in which I immediately alt-F4'd and uninstalled upon getting to the first hacking minigame. I'm glad I didn't pay money for it.

You're lucky then. My childhood was FULL of awful games. My friends and I would rent different games almost every day from a local game retail/rental place which has since been ran out of business by gamestop.

TrashMustache

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 20

#30  Edited By TrashMustache

not that it is one of the worst games ever, and not even a bad game but in terms of being dissapointed, guys, i think Saints Row The Third is not funny AT ALL nor is it fun to play. There I said it. I was a bit hyped by giantbomb i will admit. But hey that's fine, i discovered alot of games thanks to giantbomb and loved them, saints row the third just isn't one of them

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: My childhood was also full of terrible games......But I liked most of them for some reason.

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devil240z: My childhood was also full of terrible games......But I liked most of them for some reason.

No I totally loved it. Playing tons of different games during the N64,PS1,Dreamcast,PS2,Xbox era was awesome. Even if a decent chunk of them weren't very good.

bhurnie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Master of Orion 3. I was so sure I'd like it that I kept reinstalling it every few months long after I realized it was awful because I was sure the problem was with me, not the game, and this time I'd have fun. I also made the mistake of buying Terminator 3: War of the Machines in a store, without reading anything about it except the box, while on holiday so I couldn't even try to return it.

I was disappointed with DEFCON, AI War and Magicka, but admittedly I didn't have much opportunity to play them with friends, got bored after a while in singleplayer and don't have any interest in trying again.

Oh, also FUEL and Alpha Protocol, but those were never good, just cheap. Same with several dozen other games that were simultaneously "bad" and "as good as I was expecting". Luckily my family never had a console so I didn't waste pocket money on the many terrible games there as a kid.

Oh, snap. How could I forget Spore??

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Devil240Z

@bdhurkett: Oh my god Spore. The pitch for that game sounded so awesome.

MannyMAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Devil May Cry 2. On paper that game should have been amazing, in execution that game was a steaming pile of excrement. Thank the Creator that DMC 3 was a return to form.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's kind of hard to think since I tend to avoid really terribly rated video games like the plague. Although for whatever reason my brother said that James Bond: Blood stone was realllyyy good. I was hoping that it was like Everything or Nothing since that game was pretty fantastic. It ended up being pretty generic and awful. I think after playing a few levels of it I told my brother to try max payne 3 since the shooting in that game was a lot tighter and funner than blood stone. Turns out he even liked the story in it despite it being the weakest in the series. Lesson learned though, never going to trust my brother's judgement when it comes to video games.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#37  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Usually when I'm going into a game I would consider to be "the worst", I go in with the assumption that it's bad. It's how I ended up suffering through Devil May Cry 2 and it's how I ended up slogging my way through Grabbed by the Ghoulies.

But if we're talking about something I thought was actually going to be good (or at least decent), Divinity II was one of the worst RPGs I've played a significant amount of in recent memory. It's just a clunky mess of a game that tries to punch above its weight and fails dramatically. I also played something like 20 hours of Far Cry 2 before realizing that I did not like Far Cry 2 at all.

EDIT: Y'all are crazy. Dishonored is a better Deus Ex game than Human Revolution was.

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

GTA IV. First played it this summer as prep for GTA V. Man, this game does not hold up at all. I found myself unbelievably bored while playing it. I found next to nothing about it redeeming in any way.

Krullban

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some of those classic answers jump into my mind: Superman 64, Glover, Oni (less classic, but I have memories of trying to play that game).

Scanning when the logs I started keeping about 2-and-a-half years ago, the only game that jumps out at me as truly terrible is the much-beloved by parts of this community Alpha Protocol. I'm sure that'll be divisive, but that's what makes for good conversation (like some of the posters stated dislike/hatred for Dishonored, a game I enjoyed more than I thought I would).

I found the world uninteresting and unmemorable, the look of the game similarly unimpressive, and the shooting mechanics downright cumbersome and bad. I didn't play through it - stopped after the extended training sequence and the first mission - and I've heard it does get more interesting (more engaging dialogue, more intriguing characters, etc.), but I just cannot afford it that chance when there's so much else to play that doesn't ask me to be miserable for at least 90 minutes.

I would hardly say you're qualified to make the judgement about everything being uninteresting when you only finished the training sequence and first mission.

Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really wanted to like Saint's Row: The Third. I really, really did. But man, I just did not enjoy doing anything in that game. Sure some of the bits and skits were funny, but the game itself was a massive chore. Likewise with Fallout 3. When I heard that game was announced, I was so ready for it in every way. I knew it wasn't going to be like the old Fallout games but I liked the Elder Scrolls games enough to go in thinking it'd be great. Unfortunately I got a buggy, mediocre playing and written game with the charm of a wet napkin. And I say that with a goddamned heavy heart - I want to love any new Fallout anything, but FO3 was just not that game. New Vegas was closer, but still not quite it (mostly that engine by that point in time).

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Thi4f was pretty fucking awful. Two Worlds was a game I was all hyped up about and that ended up being one of the worst games of the previous generation.

Probably one of my biggest disappointments was Simcity, I can't even imagine what they were thinking when they released that mess.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

@humanity: you know what? I think your actually in the minority for liking dishonored actually.

I don't mind.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GTA4, That really just lowered the bar

_Dad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On Steam: Towns and Ace of Spades

On Origin: SimCity

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Devil May Cry 2, FF XIII Series and Spore are a couple.

I also REALLY tried to get into Nier, I just couldn't for some reason.

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Resident Evil 6. That really is one of THE worst games I've ever had the displeasure of playing, I know some people thought it was pretty bad but passable, but I would literally give it 0/10

frymillstrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By frymillstrum

@humanity said:

@jz said:

I don't mind.

I looooooove Dishonoured

JohnTunoku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JohnTunoku

Probably Bubsy 3D. Was convinced 3D would never live up to 2D as a kid based on my experience with it, made me into a bit of a hipster.

JesterArbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Off the top of my head I would say

Vampire Rain - 360
Uniracers - SNES
Disney's UP - PS3
Resident Evil 6 - PS3
Fallout 3 - PS3

Some real stinkers for sure but also some super dissapointments (i.e. Fallout 3)

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

• The original Dead Rising
  • Deus Ex 2 Invisible War (fucking atrocity)
  • Mario Party, any Mario Party