#1 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

I honestly can't even think of that many, but I know I must be missing a lot. The only two that come to mind are Tales of Vesperia or Catherine, which I think both look amazing.

(Also, I just mean any game in general that doesn't look realistic, it doesn't have to have the exact nuances of cel-shading to be mentioned. I just like really pretty games.)

#2 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

El Shaddai and Borderlands both look great.

#3 Posted by MKSKILLZ16 (130 posts) -

That Prince of Persia remake in 2008 (I think) was pretty spectacular, one of my favourite looking games this generation. I feel bad that it hasn't/probably won't receive a sequel, but one can dream.

#4 Posted by Enigma777 (6069 posts) -

Valkyria Chronicles. /thread

#5 Posted by ajamafalous (11929 posts) -

Crackdown

#6 Posted by MetalBaofu (1365 posts) -

Since you said it doesn't HAVE to be cel-shaded to be mentioned, I'm gonna say Rayman Origins. It definitely fits your criteria of not looking realistic and being pretty.

#7 Posted by Kookro (109 posts) -
#8 Posted by Masha2932 (1241 posts) -

Prince of persia(08) still looks great today and the game is highly recommended. 

Sly cooper collection on PS3- three great games at a bargain price. 

#9 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Wasn't a fan of PoP's just using a stock watercolor filter over everything, personally. It looked nice and unique but a lot of the way that game looked didn't quite live up to it's potential. Borderlands looks amazing, particularly on PC if you get rid of the line shader and turn up the AA.

Catherine actually looked really great, I was impressed at how well they captured the style.

#10 Posted by Mr_Skeleton (5139 posts) -

The Simpsons Game was pretty decent.

#11 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

A game that looks pretty and unique would be Zelda Skyward Sword

#12 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Really guys? No mention of Team Fortress 2? Damn thing looks near Pixar-quality. Its not just how the game looks, its the facial expressions and character designs that make the game look seminal.

#13 Posted by Zaccheus (1791 posts) -

Prince of Persia '08 is definitely the best looking game in this category in my opinion.

#14 Posted by marbleCmoney (460 posts) -

I'm pretty big on Borderlands.

#15 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Vaaaaaalkyria Chronicles.

#16 Edited by DeF (4846 posts) -

Let me speak up for the system everybody forgets, granted the low resolution is annoying even with stylized graphics but if you take it for what it is, these games look pretty great and/or unique:

Skyward Sword (got mentioned already)

MadWorld for its crazy black & white style

A game with fantastic 2D art: Muramasa: The Demon Blade

No More Heroes 2 looked pretty crazy

Red Steel 2 threw out the realistic art style of its predecessor and managed to shine with cel-shading

Super Paper Mario looked awesome ...and flipped dimensions!

Kirby's Epic Yarn ... everybody knows already

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon goes a little darker with the Anime style (this dolphin emulated video shows off the beautiful sky)

Pretty much every game by WayForward (Batman: The Brave and the Bold, A Boy and His Blob, Shantae: Risky's Revenge, etc)

Then on Xbox, PC nobody has mentioned Bastion yet ...

#17 Posted by LOZZAT (252 posts) -

@MKSKILLZ16 said:

That Prince of Persia remake in 2008 (I think) was pretty spectacular, one of my favourite looking games this generation. I feel bad that it hasn't/probably won't receive a sequel, but one can dream.

Yup. This.

#18 Posted by DeF (4846 posts) -
#19 Posted by believer258 (11771 posts) -

Borderlands, Prince of Persia 2008, No More Heroes, Red Steel 2, Team Fortress 2

Those are all good ones. Not cel-shaded but close enough would be RAGE, Rayman Origins, and Skyward Sword.

Sly Cooper collection isn't of this generation, but it should still be mentioned.

#20 Posted by Vexxan (4618 posts) -

Gotta go with Ni no Kuni and El Shaddai.

#21 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Tales of Vesperia looks great (playing it right now)

Eternal Sonata. Looks great! Interesting combat, but quite short.

#22 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@ajamafalous said:

Crackdown

This and Borderlands for me.