#1 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Post some of your favorite Wii games that you would classify as underrated/sleeper hit.

#2 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@SathingtonWaltz:  
Excitebots?  

uh.. Pokemon Rumble and Mushroom Men.
#3 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
@Emilio: Mushroom Men was pretty decent. I've heard good things about Excitebots as well...
#4 Posted by NorseDudeTR (423 posts) -

Muramasa! Is it underrated, though? Dunno.

#5 Posted by Hyperfludd (373 posts) -

de Blob is a fantastic game.

#6 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Its a pretty barren console. I think any hits it has are instantly thrust into the spotlight meaning that there are no obscure good Wii games.

#7 Edited by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -
#8 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6193 posts) -

Broken Sword comes immediately to mind. 

#9 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3484 posts) -
#10 Posted by zegolf (224 posts) -
@BunkerBuster: I'll second the vote for Zack and Wiki.  It's a nice little game with a classic point & click adventure twist thrown in.  It also makes good use of Wii motion controls, unlike most of the games that came out for the system!
#11 Posted by BunkerBuster (1042 posts) -
@zegolf: Amen to that.  

To everyone looking at this thread, next time you see this game at Gamestop or what have you don't hesitate to buy it. You won't regret it.
#12 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

A Boy and His Blob and Little King's Story.

I'd highlight the latter as being one of the best games on the system.  Definitely worth a go!

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" Its a pretty barren console. I think any hits it has are instantly thrust into the spotlight meaning that there are no obscure good Wii games. "
that kinda makes sense to me
#14 Posted by DeF (4887 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

" Its a pretty barren console. I think any hits it has are instantly thrust into the spotlight meaning that there are no obscure good Wii games. "
that kinda makes sense to me "
there are still games that get overlooked because they got only 7s in reviews but should still be on people's radars

all those mentioned above plus:
Cursed Mountain
Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon
 Red Steel 2
Deadly Creatures
  Boom Blox  and/or Boom Blox Bash Party
Lost in Shadow
and if you don't have a PS3 with Move and plan on buying the Dead Space 2 LE then get Dead Space: Extraction on Wii! 
maybe even MadWorld if you care for its craziness
and if you need to chill out and not worry about someone attacking you: Endless Ocean 2

on the download-exclusive side (where usually the really overlooked gems are) you need to check out:
And Yet It Moves
LostWinds 2: Winter of the Melodias
NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits 
there are more, like that diving game with the NyxQuest engine (just called Dive: something something I think) and Tomena Senner ( spelled right?) or the Bit.Trip games that I haven't checked out myself yet
#15 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

Wipeout. Enough said lol

#16 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -
@DeF: Thats a really good list. I personally wish there were more love for the Wii on this forum. There are just so many fantastic games on the little thing, it's my favorite console now. (right next to PC)
#17 Posted by Underachiever007 (2468 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
My opinion as well.
#18 Edited by Claude (16254 posts) -