• 145 results
#1 Edited by Nightriff (5024 posts) -

To go along with the other GotY Thread, we can't forget the worst of the worst. This is only for bad games, NOT disappointing game. RE6 is very controversial and is probably a lock for Disappointing Game but I doubt it will be in the Worst game discussion, brought up? Probably. Here are some that come to my mind.

These are just the ones that they have reviewed but I'm sure there have been some stinkers released this year. My money is on Steel Battalion but anyone who has played Tenorman's Revenge probably begs to differ.

#2 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I bet Steel Battalion takes it.

#3 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I'm sure it'll be Steel Battalion.

I bet Resident Evil 6 will be mentioned very early, maybe dropped from the running but that's a tough one. Both of the people who played it REALLY disliked it, Jeff won't be opposed to it because he didn't ever really like Resident Evil so the only chance to keep it away is Ryan.

#4 Edited by Sweep (8845 posts) -

I think you need to differentiate between "Worst" and "Most disappointing". I think people were only so frustrated with Resident Evil 6 because 4 and 5 were both excellent and their expectations were consequently quite high.

#5 Edited by Genkkaku (735 posts) -

I reckon they'll defiantly discuss RE6 for worst..

Steel Battalion had to be a forerunner, it was an unplayable mess

Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City was also a buggy broken game

#6 Posted by Nightriff (5024 posts) -

@Sweep said:

I think you need to differentiate between "Worst" and "Most disappointing". I think people were only so frustrated with Resident Evil 6 because 4 and 5 were both excellent and their expectations were consequently quite high.

I thought I said that....

#7 Posted by moffattron9000 (352 posts) -

Ask Alex

#8 Edited by Yummylee (21547 posts) -

@MordeaniisChaos said:

I'm sure it'll be Steel Battalion.

Yup.

@Genkkaku said:

Resident Evil:Operation Raccoon City was also a buggy broken game

Absolutely. Out of all the games I've played this year, ORC is undoubtedly the worst. Such an irredeemable POS.

EDIT: Yakuza: Dead Souls follows in second place, though.

#9 Posted by Sweep (8845 posts) -

@Nightriff said:

@Sweep said:

Yep, you totally did. I dunno how I missed that! Sorry :D

#10 Posted by Nightriff (5024 posts) -

@Sweep said:

@Nightriff said:

@Sweep said:

Yep, you totally did. I dunno how I missed that! Sorry :D

No problem man

#11 Edited by Sammo21 (3261 posts) -

Steel Battalion will probably win just because of how much nothing in that game really works. Then again, if we go by most disappointing then I think RE6 might actually squeak that by. I also don't think that they should limit themselves to just games they reviewed, as that's a relatively low amount.

#12 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

Steel Battalion takes it on a sheer "this game doesn't fucking work" Big Rigs level.

Mass Effect 3 was so bad on a conceptual level it actually gave people cancer.

#13 Posted by sephirm87 (235 posts) -

@Terramagi said:

Mass Effect 3 was so bad on a conceptual level it actually gave people cancer.

Mass Effect 3 will under no circumstances even be considered for WGotY, but I will bet that it will be a serious contender for Most disappointing game.

#14 Posted by GunstarRed (5126 posts) -

Neverdead is not a game I could recommend, but it is far, far, far from one of the worst games. It has heart.

#15 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Lolipop Chainsaw for me. What a pile of steaming hit garbage.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -
@Phatmac
Hot
#17 Edited by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

I guess by most reactions RE 6? lol, even though it isnt even that bad.

#18 Posted by Gamer_152 (14072 posts) -

I don't think we can count the Saint's Row DLC as a game, but yeah, my money is on Steel Battalion. For a lot of these games the mechanics, and content are terrible, but at least you can actually experience them properly, with Steel Battalion this seemed to apply, but on top of that the game was so fundamentally broken that even interacting with the game at a basic level was a challenge for people.

#19 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

i wouldn't know to be honest. i don't play bad games so it difficult for me to have a valid opinion.

the game that disapointed me the most was guild wars 2 though, after all the hype and promise it just didn't entertain me and i have no desire to play it.

#21 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Phatmac said:

@Phatmac
Hot

What kind of loser quotes himself

#22 Posted by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: A guy that used the mobile site and made a typo?

#23 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2294 posts) -

Amy is pretty bad.

Orion: Dino Beatdown still has many problems long after launch, I doubt any of the GB staff will mention it though.

#24 Posted by redbliss (647 posts) -

Could be that Steel Battalion gets some serious consideration for most disappointing as well.

#25 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

Steel Battalion or South Park for worst, Resident Evil for most disappointing.

#26 Posted by spankingaddict (2661 posts) -

I haven't played any bad games this year . The worst game I've played was The Splatters , and that was an ok game .

Steel Battalion would be my guess .

#27 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -

I'm wondering if they'll include Steel Battalion in both Worst and Most Disappointing. I remember several of them really talking up that game before it came out.

#28 Posted by Mesoian (1574 posts) -

Steal Battalion. I don't even know why any DLC is on this list.

#29 Posted by patbaer (121 posts) -

South Park should not have been released. It was (and is) a piece of garbage.

#30 Posted by Fobwashed (1985 posts) -

Throwing my hat in for Steel Batallion. The demo was awful but my friend and I tried the game and unsurprisingly, it also was awful.

#31 Posted by DocHaus (1325 posts) -

Does Final Fantasy 13-2 count, or is that more of a "disappointment?"

#32 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

South Park or Steel Batallion.

#33 Posted by Animasta (14676 posts) -

@DocHaus said:

Does Final Fantasy 13-2 count, or is that more of a "disappointment?"

it's none, really; how the hell did it dissappoint you considering it was the sequel to final fantasy 13?

#34 Posted by ZombiePie (5642 posts) -

@MariachiMacabre said:

I'm wondering if they'll include Steel Battalion in both Worst and Most Disappointing. I remember several of them really talking up that game before it came out.

Yeah they were really excited for Steel Battalion...

#35 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

Managing to avoid them so far, so that's good!

I preferred the Saints Row DLC to my (sometimes limited) experiences with Amy, Soulcalibur V, Simcity Social, THPS HD, Pocket Planes, and Fart Cat.

Also, Kevin VanOrd is not sure whether Op Raccoon City is worse than RE6. But I figure it's still probably

#36 Posted by Zippedbinders (985 posts) -

My guess is Steel Battalion for "Worst Game" and Resident Evil 6 for "Most Disappointing". ME3 might of failed to have met Jeff's bizarrely high expectations for a sequel to ME2, but everyone on the crew who played it enjoyed that game.

Besides, Brad was the only who played either SB or RE6, and he always wins arguments when he's the only one who played them.

#37 Posted by Colourful_Hippie (4339 posts) -

Steel Battalion and that Blackwater game that I think came out this year.

#38 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7077 posts) -
@ZombiePie

@MariachiMacabre said:

Yeah they were really excited for Steel Battalion...

I'm not talking about its release I'm talking about before it came out. I specifically remember at least one of them talking about how they went to see it at a trade show and saying it worked really well. I want to say it was Patrick.
#39 Edited by SomeDeliCook (2294 posts) -

@Colourful_Hippie said:

Steel Battalion and that Blackwater game that I think came out this year.

That won worst game of the year last year. It came out December.

HOWEVER, I wouldn't disagree if it won this year also

@Wong_Fei_Hung said:

I never realised that South Park game turned out to be crap, what a shame...

The one that came out and was crap isn't the RPG being made by Obsidian; thats a completely different game.

The crap one is a sidescrolling platformer. There's a 4 player quicklook they did.

#40 Edited by MocBucket62 (1203 posts) -

Capcom has had one crappy year in 2012. I'm thinking Steel Battalion will take it, but both Resident Evils and Tenorman's Revenge will be runner ups.  

As in MMA fan, I hope Jeff brings up Bellator: MMA Onslaught as a potential game for worst of the year. That game looked like a total disgrace compared to the UFC Undisputed games. 

#41 Posted by Solh0und (1765 posts) -

It's a tie between Lollipop Chainsaw and Steel Batallion in my eyes.

#42 Posted by wjb (1657 posts) -

Steel Battalion: because motherfucka didn't even give him a high-five in the QL!

#43 Posted by RecSpec (3803 posts) -

Steel Battalion probably, but I haven't played it. So I have to say Operation Raccoon City. FUCK THAT GAME.

#44 Posted by Village_Guy (2546 posts) -

How about Blackwater, the terrible on-rails shooter for the Kinect that features the Blackwater PMC (currently known as Academi in the real world).

To quote Alex Navarro's review:

This game is practically a war crime.
#45 Posted by ez123 (1956 posts) -

To me it's not even close, that South Park game looks like one of the worse ever.

Bloodforge demo was alright, best 2 star game since BackBreaker.

#46 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1171 posts) -

I'd say South Park.

#47 Edited by MikkaQ (10284 posts) -

I echo the Steel Battalion sentiment here. It's one of those few games you can truly call broken. Functionally broken. Up there with Big Rigs.

#48 Edited by dannyodwyer (355 posts) -
#49 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I thought that Kingdoms of Amalaur was pretty bad, but I don't think it's a contender for the worst.

@RecSpec said:

So I have to say Operation Raccoon City. FUCK THAT GAME.

Yeah, I'm going with this as well.

#50 Posted by awesomeusername (4175 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

@Phatmac
Hot

Time for you & to FIGHT!