What Are The Most Scariest Horror Games You've Played?

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By falserelic

Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2 are the most scariest games I played. Both games had alot of weird random stuff that put me on edge. The creepy atmosphere, bizarre monsters and that strange music. One of the most creepiest monsters that I remember from the Silent Hill series was pyramid head. I remember when he raped that demon and stalks you throughout the whole game of silent hill 2. Ever sense I've beaten Silent Hill 2 I've never forgotten about pyramid head.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By nightriff

Scariest for me was original RE for the PS. My brother would get me out of bed and have me play it at midnight just to freak me out. I was 7 so lay off, I didn't know what bad acting was back then.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By falserelic

@Nightriff said:

Scariest for me was original RE for the PS. My brother would get me out of bed and have me play it at midnight just to freak me out. I was 7 so lay off, I didn't know what bad acting was back then.

Samething for me too. I remember watching my bros play the game when I was a kid.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By williamhenry

Most scariest? Really?

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By nightriff

@falserelic: I just remember the first zombie you come across chewing on the guy, that freaked me out, the dogs jumping in through the windows and being attack by crows after picking up the grenade launcher. Those are the only things I really remember but being freaked out.

deathfury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By deathfury

Amnesia is the scariest game I've played. The Penumbra series is the runner up.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Akeldama

Amnesia, Fatal Frame series, Silent Hill series and the Resident Evil series *pree RE4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Amnesia, but watching my cousin play Silent Hill as a kid led to many sleepless nights.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Oldirtybearon

Silent Hill 2 on the Xbox was pretty cerebral to my 14 year old brain. It fucked with my head.

Silent Hill 3, though, goddamn. It's not the best SH, but there were stretches of time where I had to put the controller down because I let the fear get the better of me. The only other game to do something like that to me is Amnesia.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

I haven't played many horror games, but Amnesia: The Dark Descent is terrifying. SCP-173 is pretty scary too.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Sackmanjones

I actually wrote a few blogs about the silent hill series. Man those games were scary but I've been recently playing amnesia and wow. I was literally paralyzed in fear a few times. I promised myself I'd finish it though. Also when I was younger re2 scared the fuck outta me

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tim_the_corsair

MOST SCARY or SCARIEST, and never the two shall meet

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Vinny_Says

@WilliamHenry said:

Most scariest? Really?

This coming from Dr Brule....

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

What's even more annoying about Amnesia is not only are you tense as fuck for the entirety of the game, but when you actually finish it you realize you were only in danger like five times. The atmosphere is really top notch in that game!

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By inkerman

Penumbra: Overture I think is the only real horror game I've played (depressing I know, I generally don't like horror games). Despite not liking horror games I really enjoyed it, and I'm looking at getting the rest of the series and Amnesia.

williamhenry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By williamhenry

@Vinny_Says said

@WilliamHenry said:

Most scariest? Really?

This coming from Dr Brule....

No Caption Provided
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By Hamst3r

Amnesia the Dark Descent, I guess. The Penumbra and Silent Hill games were also pretty freaky...

...but, there was just something about the encounter at 23:52 that really got to me:

Out of all the Silent Hill stuff, I actually found some areas in Silent Hill 3 and 4 to be the scariest of the series. The SH4 ghosts that would follow you between rooms freaked me out.

rolanthas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By rolanthas

Well Amnesia aside, Siren 2 was the only game I quit because I got too scared ( and I was around 20 or something ). There was a chapter where you controlled a guy with poor eyesight, and you had to "sightjack" his guide dog to look around, and you were in a house, and there was someone outside who you could barely see through the windows, and he did this weird sound.

Ah shit, I should've finished it.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By falserelic

When I was younger I found most of all the Resident Evil games scary except 4 and 5. The remake of Resident Evil was the most scariest one I played from the series. Every minute of the horror I witness was aswome. I still remember those damn hunters. Those things would fuck you up badly if you let them, and stalk you.

Btw... I have played Amnesia with my friend on he's PC. At first I didn't think I would find the game to be scary. Because sense I'm a survival-horror fan and played abunch of horror games. Its kinda hard to scare me. But playing Amnesia with the headphones on got to me. Hell the game even creeped me out at times.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By EquitasInvictus

Amnesia. They do such a great job with the sounds that I never want to wear my headphones playing that game.

slowpantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By slowpantz

Check out Amnesia on STEAM....you will quit after 4 minutes. Scariest game ever.

HiCZoK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By HiCZoK

First Penumbra.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23  Edited By The_Nubster

@Sackmanjones said:

I actually wrote a few blogs about the silent hill series. Man those games were scary but I've been recently playing amnesia and wow. I was literally paralyzed in fear a few times. I promised myself I'd finish it though.

Yes, like Patrick talked about on the Bombcast, Amnesia is an impressive game in that playing it is mentally taxing and difficult. I found myself trying to rationalize why I wasn't playing it, saying that I had too much homework or I was tired or I wanted to save it for a boring night or something. I did not enjoy that game, at all, but I finished it just so I could say I finished it, and I suspect the second won't be much different.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#24  Edited By big_jon

Dead Space and Silent Hill.

sean2206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sean2206

I'd say the first Bioshock specifically the opening segment, you're completely alone in a strange, hostile world. it genuinely scared me a lot and I couldn't go back to that game for a week or two, it didn't help that I only got a chance to play the xbox late at night.

I'm going to finally play the Dead Space games soon and I hope their scary I like a good scary game.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmilingPig

E.T. for the Atari, I had nightmares about that games for years.

Avatar image for dad_is_a_zombie
Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Dad_Is_A_Zombie

Silent Hill 2, Condemned 1, and Amnesia are all high quality creep fests.

WightnNerdy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#28  Edited By WightnNerdy

Amnesia: The Dark Decent is the scariest game I've ever played. 

Second is probably Resident Evil Remake on the Gamecube. That cabin part? Oh man that part...

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By awesomeusername

Fatal Frame 2, I gave up on the game because the camera/gameplay sucked and it was scary as all hell.

EchoEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By EchoEcho

Fatal Frame games, for sure. Scary as fuuuck. I never even finished Fatal Frame 2 because it was too much anxiety for me to handle. Which sucks, because I really enjoy the scary, even though I can't handle it. Needless to say, I'll probably never play Amnesia despite it being incredibly intriguing to me.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Amnesia and System Shock 2.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#32  Edited By Jeust

Dead Space 1. It was really intense. Nothing came closer...

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BaneFireLord

I don't play horror games. The only time a game actually made me jump in my seat was Arkham Asylum: I had my detective vision off, rounded a corner and a crazed inmate dropped out of a grate in the ceiling, screaming.

DonutFever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#34  Edited By DonutFever

Amnesia. Though when I was a kid, putting on the Deku/Goron/Zora/Fierce Diety masks in Majora's Mask fucked me up. I was like 4. I put on a mask, and all of the sudd-AAAAH AAAAAAAH UAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Yorkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Yorkin

Doom 3 scared the crap out of me, but at least I finished it. System Shock 2 on the other hand was too much for me to handle. I've never played Amnesia, but I'm guessing that that's probably the scariest game available right now.