#1 Posted by Darth Paul (108 posts) -

I now have a gold ribbon next to my avatar, and have noticed that some others have silver ones, and possibly even others bronze. Is this some kind of new level thing or what?

#2 Edited by Grimluck343 (1149 posts) -

I believe gold ribbons are for yearly premium members, silver are for monthly premium members. Bronze are for people who prefer brown liquor.

#3 Posted by dungbootle (2458 posts) -

They indicate subscription types, gold is a yearly and silver is a monthly. It looks like you don't have one despite what you're saying.

#4 Posted by Darth Paul (108 posts) -

That's what I thought, although I'm not seeing it now. I'm not a premium member, as I've never paid to be one and don't plan on ever doing so. It was showing up as I was using the mobile interface on my phone, but now that I've switched over to the standard site on a laptop it's not there. Could just be a bug w/ the new site.

#5 Posted by ThunderSlash (1854 posts) -

He's talking about the ones in the actual profile page. It appears on the top right corner of the avatar pic. It's probably something that indicates how long you've been a member.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2760 posts) -

Yea, it's for subscription type. Gold=yearly, silver=monthly. There's a bug that shows some members as a subscriber on their profile page. Like yourself.

#7 Posted by egg (1469 posts) -

It is a shame then that I have a gold ribbon on my profile page.

#8 Posted by Darth Paul (108 posts) -

Yeah, it's got to be a bug. I'm still on my laptop and I just looked at my profile page and there is a gold ribbon in the top right corner. On the forums here the ribbons are on the lower right, but there is no ribbon for me in the forums. Weird.