#1 Edited by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

I'll have to go with:

Wheelman: This game makes no sense at all. Seriously. It plays like shit and the story is shit. Couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Modern Warfare 2: It sucked. That is all.

3 on 3 NHL Arcade: This game can suck a fetus out of a woman's insides.

Final Fantasy XIII (13): Fuck the characters in this game. They're the most annoying characters ever. Especially Hope, that asswipe. Gave up on this.

Turok: I was looking forward to this because dinosaurs but man did this suck.

Lost Planet 2: Like Wheelman, the story wasn't making any sense and I hated the controls. Gave up on this.

Alone in the Dark: Inferno: This game controls terribly. It's enough reason to give up on it It's that bad.

Socom: US. Navy Seals - Confrontation: I joined a match, died and never returned. I didn't know the controls and had no intentions on learning them.

Sonic Unleashed: Poopy game is poopy.

Sniper Elite V2: I only played the demo but... man. All I can do is facepalm. The controls sucked ass, bullet sponge enemies, super linear level, ugh. I don't want to think about it.

My reasons for disliking these games are vague because I'm lazy. Your turn!

Also, Resident Evil: Operation Racoon City and Ninja Gaiden 3 will probably join the list in a few weeks. I'll be borrowing them from my friend for trophies and to get angry at shit games.

#2 Posted by egg (1450 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Sonic Unleashed: Poopy game is poopy.

I'm assuming you're referring to the PS360 one.

#3 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

I don't think some of the games you have up there are legitimately bad, like Turok and MW2. As for me, there are a lot of bad games, but one game that I have, that I'd consider the worst, and not just because I don't like it, is N3. That game, other than the main theme, is all pretty bland and not very high quality.

#4 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

@egg: I played it on PS3 and threw it at my friends face for bringing such nastiness to my house. (Not really)

#5 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Wheelman: This game makes no sense at all. Seriously. It plays like shit and the story is shit. Couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Modern Warfare 2: It sucked. That is all.

I don't see how these fit in with the rest of your list...

Also,

@awesomeusername said:

3 on 3 NHL Arcade: This game can suck a fetus out of a woman's insides.

What the fuck?

#6 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

I'm normally pretty cautious when it comes to buying games so normally a lot of research takes place before a purchase. However I jumped at the chance to play FFXIII since i love some of the past iterations. What a terrible story with forgettable or utterly annoying characters. The combat was decent which made the game enjoyable but the major reasons why I pick up a FF game was lacking in this game. Huge disappointment.

#7 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10341 posts) -

Lair.

The worst part is that Lair had so much potential. It looked so good (in screen shots), and Factor 5's previous games were rad!

#8 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -
#9 Posted by Rave (370 posts) -

Duke Nuke Em.
Perfect Dark Zero.
And my most disappointing even though it's an ok game was Dragon Age 2 it made me sad.

#10 Posted by Foghorn6 (35 posts) -

Hunted: The Demon's Forge was pretty bad. I don't know what convinced me to buy it instead of rent it.

#11 Posted by Gumby (229 posts) -

To answer your question (I forgot about that part), I would say Raven Squad. I got it for 1 dollar at GAME and it was still a waste of time.

#12 Edited by Jeust (10450 posts) -
  • Resident Evil 5
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metratron
  • Majin and the Forgotten Kingdom
  • Dead Rising
  • Dragon Age
#13 Posted by MocBucket62 (1132 posts) -

Call of Duty 3 for Wii and Hero of Sparta for the IPOD, which was a lazy god of war ripoff.

#14 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Too many to list, will have to go through the GB lists I have of all the stuff from gamefly as I know there's been a lot but then again I've been diving through the average range games with some good & some bad.

#15 Posted by WickedFather (1730 posts) -

Far Cry 2 - boooooring

Lost Planet - fucking bullshit

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Shite - booooooring.

#16 Edited by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

@MocBucket62 said:

Hero of Sparta for the IPOD, which was a lazy god of war ripoff.

No duh. It was made by Gameloft. All their games are lazy ripoffs.

@Gumby: Play Wheelman. Then you'll understand. As for MW2, I just hated it. These were some of the worst I've played this gen.

@NTM: Turok was filled with bullet sponge dudes and was just flat out boring. As for MW2, look above. ^^

#17 Posted by wewantsthering (1547 posts) -

@awesomeusername: Dude, compared to terrible games like Lost: Via Domus, the games on your list, especially MW2, are not that bad. Even though MW2 wasn't as revolutionary as its predecessor, it's just plain stupid to call it one of the worst games of this generation.

#18 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

@wewantsthering: O-pin-e-in. Those are the worst games I've played. I played. I. I.

I! Me! My opinion!!!

#19 Posted by wewantsthering (1547 posts) -

@awesomeusername: You listed other games that were actually terrible. I just don't see how you can actually think MW3 is on par with those games. Also there are absolutes and some ideas are just stupid, even in the world of opinion. :-d

#20 Posted by BaneFireLord (2907 posts) -
THIS PIECE OF SHIT
#21 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@awesomeusername: True, but I think it was quite interesting and it was better for its potential with a possible sequel. I think they could have improved and done some really neat things with what they started on this Turok.

#22 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

Sniper Elite V2: I only played the demo but... man. All I can do is facepalm. The controls sucked ass, bullet sponge enemies, super linear level, ugh. I don't want to think about it.

I loved the first game. HOW DO YOU ADD BULLET SPONGES!?!?? TO A SNIPER GAME!?

Rock Revolution for the DS is the worst game I have ever paid money for.

#23 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Dante's Inferno.

That is all.

#24 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Red Faction: Armageddon.

Crackdown 2

Wolfenstein

BloodRayne: Betrayal

#25 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

Opinions are opinions but I seriously can't believe people are listing some of the games they are.

#26 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

Too Human

#27 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10341 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Opinions are opinions but I seriously can't believe people are listing some of the games they are.

Those people are trolls.

@clumsyninja1 said:

Too Human

Like this jerk. HOW DARE YOU!? You'll regret that when Two Human comes out and it's the greatest game ever made!

#28 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Prince of Persia 2008 one is easily the worst game I honestly have ever played in my entire life, There are some games that I know for a fact suck. But this game... it made you feel like you would get to a good part only to throw that out the window at all times. Fuck that game and whoever made it. Piece of shit that shouldn't have been made or thought of in the ENTIRETY of existence and all alternate realities and universes!

#29 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

@wewantsthering: Yes, but I hated the campaign, the multiplayer tried to hard, and I don't care about Spec Ops. That's why I hate it. It's a AAA game, yes, but I still thought it was a terrible ass game.

#30 Posted by awesomeusername (4152 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@awesomeusername said:

Ask Rebellion dammit!!! It literally took like 3-4 sniper bullets to kill 1 guy! 1 guy!!!! And yes the bullets were hitting them.

@NTM: If they would've made the game at least a little bit enjoyable to play, it wouldn't be on here. The multiplayer died faster then any game I've ever played too.

@MooseyMcMan said:

@Demoskinos said:

Those people are trolls.

Like me? MW2 can eat pubic hair for all I care. I can only see a handful of games that are actually good. Everything else people are writing are bad games.

#31 Posted by plaintomato (598 posts) -

Test Drive Unlimited 2 - A sequel to a really promising game, it had all the right feature check marks to make it exactly the sequel I was hoping for but they don't tell you about the lame trappings and they took a hatchet to the content that still made it fell smaller and suck-er than the first game. I wish a real developer would take this concept on, or Eden would find a real publisher.

FFXIII - Loved X, XII, and even X-2. What is this crap? Totally automated, you could play it with your eyes closed, but why bother?

New Vegas, AC: Brotherhood and etc, COD: Black Ops and etc - Just more of the same is all, they'd be great games if they weren't all the exact same great game as their previous iterations.

Duke Nukem - I guess they had some obligation to let it suck, but you couldn't help but hope for greatness from the developer of Borderlands. Now that they have the license and freedom to make a real game...maybe better next time?

Postal III - Didn't actually play it, but all they had to do was run with Postal 2's greatness and presto *success*. But no, they had to prove once and for all that RWS sucks.

#32 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

@awesomeusername: I understand where you're coming from, but I'm just saying I personally saw the potential in what the future of this Turok could have been, that's what made me like it more. I'm not saying you're wrong. Also, I never tried to play the multiplayer, I don't often play MP in games, and Turok definitely doesn't seem like on to play.

#33 Posted by Demoskinos (14512 posts) -

@MooseyMcMan: I'd tend to agree. Most of the games listed are still at least average games. If thats the worst you've played then you must not play many games.

#34 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

Tenchu Z

One of my first 360 games, when I was a good deal younger than I am right now. My dad's friend worked at MS and brought us a couple games. This was one of them. All I remember is that it looked like a PS2 game (and not in the typical hyperbolic sense, it really looked that bad, but in HD) and ran like shit and had terrible stealth mechanics.

Far Cry 2

God what a piece of shit that was. You had about as much health as the average Call of Duty character even on the easiest difficulties, and everyone you had to fight had about as much health as the Juggernauts in the Modern Warfare games. The Savannah environment also led to a lot of guy standing on the other side of a hill covered in tall grass, where you couldn't see them at all, and shoot at you through the very thick grass. Sprinting in that game was nothing but a FoV shift, and most of the time actually made you SLOWER because of the stupid exhaustion thing if you ran too long. The fire spreading tech was cool until you saw that it spreads out to a perfect square and then dies. I remember being super psyched for that game when they showed some really intense combat after an honestly awesome looking chase sequence that made use of a fantastically aggressive driving... AI? Probably more scripted than they'd have liked you to think, judging by the final game...

Ugh, and making the obnoxious collectibles the only currency in the game? Fuck that.

@wewantsthering said:

@awesomeusername: You listed other games that were actually terrible. I just don't see how you can actually think MW3 is on par with those games. Also there are absolutes and some ideas are just stupid, even in the world of opinion. :-d

Some people think fat people are sexy, some people wanna fuck dogs, and some people don't like Modern Warfare 3. It's not up to your dumb ass to decide what the worst game someone played was, because it's totally subjective. Now stop licking your lips you creep.

#35 Posted by Bulby33 (545 posts) -

I'd probably say Yaris. Though it was free.

And I really did not like No More Heroes. Man, I really did not like that game.

#36 Posted by Kidavenger (3485 posts) -
#37 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

Prototype is the first one that popped into my mind.

You should only count the games you spent a decent amount of time on, imo...

#38 Posted by spankingaddict (2655 posts) -

@awesomeusername said:

@wewantsthering: O-pin-e-in. Those are the worst games I've played. I played. I. I.

I! Me! My opinion!!!

Your opinion is obviously incorrect , sorry : (

#39 Posted by Kidavenger (3485 posts) -

@plaintomato said:

FFXIII - Loved X, XII, and even X-2. What is this crap? Totally automated, you could play it with your eyes closed, but why bother?

You didn't play it long enough, the combat can get fairly hectic the further in you get, I haven't finished it yet, but I'm enjoying it alot more on the second chance I'm giving it now.

#40 Posted by RubberFactory (288 posts) -

@Jeust said:

• Resident Evil 5
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metratron
  • Majin and the Forgotten Kingdom
  • Dead Rising
  • Dragon Age

What! All of those are pretty good games, and 3 of them are great games. To each his own I suppose.

For me they would have to be Darkest of Days, and Hour of Victory.

#41 Posted by Pinworm45 (4088 posts) -

C&C 4.

#42 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@nintendoeats said:

@awesomeusername said:

THere's a demo??

EDIT: Why the fuck is the console demo out first?? That seems totally ass backwards.

#43 Posted by Grillbar (1792 posts) -

there are proberly alot of them but some of the ones that pop up as down right terrible is pain, damnation, mushroom wars and red faction Armageddon.

i played about 10 or 15min of pain before i was willing to admit that i wasted money on it and never wanted to play it again.

damnation just looks like a discarted ps2 student project. everything is bad and glitchy.

mushroom wars was something i bought cuz i thought it was a tower defense game since that's what it said it was on psn but its not. it was something else, also a huge piece of shit.

red faction was just so boring that the first 5 times i played it i actually fell asleep within less of 30min of playing it

@Foghorn6 said:

Hunted: The Demon's Forge was pretty bad. I don't know what convinced me to buy it instead of rent it.

also got it. only reason, there was nothing else i could play and i wanted to play a game. its not that bad but its not good. just a bit dark and boring

#44 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -
#45 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19305 posts) -

The worst game I've ever played was Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

There's also:

• Duke Nukem Forever
  • Bionicle Heroes
  • Don't take it personally, babe, but this just ain't your story
#46 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3481 posts) -

@FluxWaveZ said:

The worst game I've ever played was Dead or Alive Xtreme 2.

There's also:

• Duke Nukem Forever
  • Bionicle Heroes
  • Don't take it personally, babe, but this just ain't your story

It's pleasant to see someone rebuking that damn graphic-novel game. I enjoyed Digital: A Love Story, too, but that game is rubbish.

#47 Posted by Yummylee (21204 posts) -

Operation Raccoon City quickly springs to mind.

#48 Posted by 71Ranchero (2671 posts) -

Some interesting choices in this thread. I wonder how many people in here actually consider the games they listed as bad or "worst" and are not just listing perfectly fine games in an attempt to look like they are "hardcore".

I dont have anything from this gen that I could label as "the worst", but then again I haven't played games like Postal III or anything else thats obviously poor. Soul Calibur 4 wasn't as good as it could have been I guess.

#49 Edited by Sargus (720 posts) -

These are the ones that spring to mind. Most of them I was forced to play for review (if you're interested in getting into reviewing games, get ready for amazing experiences like Sims 3 expansion packs). One of them I played for points.

I've started Ninja Gaiden 3, which is pretty boring, but I haven't played nearly enough of it to know if it really belongs on this list or not.

Kung-Fu High Impact (Kinect)

War of the Worlds (360) (Soooo much potential squandered by terrible controls/gameplay)

Amy (XBLA)

Yaris (XBLA)

Asphalt 3D (3DS)

Game Party 2 (Wii)

Ghost Recon: Predator (PSP)

Duke Nukem Forever (360) (OK, this one I just bought/played because I had to know.)

#50 Posted by Grilledcheez (3942 posts) -

I was going to mention some other games, but reading "Yaris" above and remembering that pile of shit...being free does not make it ok.