#1 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -

Spore and Mercs 2 come out on the same day in the UK and about a week apart in the states (something like that) so what one are you getting, or are you getting both and why?

#2 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

Or the other option: Neither.

#3 Edited by Jecrell (241 posts) -

Spore

Reasoning: Will Wright
#4 Posted by GP1Mil (116 posts) -

Already have both games??? Can that be an option?

#5 Posted by Nude_Dude (1076 posts) -

General Discussion is that way, sir.

#6 Posted by tekmojo (2299 posts) -

spore looks like a let down, plus only 3 installs, and SecuROM

#7 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -
Nude_Dude said:
"General Discussion is that way, sir."

Opps my bad.
#8 Posted by MerlijnVH (108 posts) -

Knowing my recent tendencies of collecting videogames, I'll probably get both. I'm not sure yet what platforms to get them for, though.

#9 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

I'll probably just get Spore.

#10 Posted by Red (5994 posts) -

Uhhhh.....I don't think you can really compare those games.

#11 Posted by pause422 (6172 posts) -

I don't get why people always make these 'what are you getting threads and put 2 games in them or something...either someone is only interested in one, neither, or they will buy both of them..its rarely a getting one or the other occasion if someone is actually interested in both.

#12 Posted by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

Both games are completely different. I just downl... er.. obtained Spore last night though.

#13 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Definitely spore. 

#14 Posted by Snail (8580 posts) -

I've played mercs 2 since a I know people who have connections to the gaming industry and it was average. Not bad, but not really good either, as for Spore that I have also played it is brilliant. It's like you start as a cell or something then the game grows to it's full potential when you start to control Planets and then the game becomes less adequate to the ones that want more action since it starts to (sort of) repeat itself from there. Not that Mercs 2 is a bad game, but I don't recommend it and I highly recommend Spore, so I'm gonna get Spore for sure (I played the full versions by the way). The games don't belong to me I played them at a friend's house.

#15 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

Definitely Spore, now that I have my laptopn, which will run it with ease.  ^__^

#16 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3962 posts) -

Spore, dammit. Why would anyone be interested in Mercs?  What does another shooter bring to the table?

#17 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -

Neither

#18 Edited by Karmum (11517 posts) -

Definitely will be getting Spore over Mercs 2. I'm jealous that the Aussies broke the street date, September 1st. >:(

#19 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -

I've decided on Spore after a lot of going back and fourth over which one to buy. Although I think most of my friends are getting Mercs 2 but if I hold off then mabye they'll patch the bugs etc away.

Also the reason I compared these to games for the people wondering was because they come out in the same day in the UK.

So roll on Friday.

#20 Posted by dankempster (2249 posts) -

Because my PC doesn't have a hope in hell of running Spore, I'm more likely to pick up Mercs 2. That being said, with the reception it's received, I'm leaning towards renting it before I decide on a purchase.

#21 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -

I'd like to pick up both, but for now, it's just Spore for me.  I'm craving a new game on the PC.

#22 Posted by Commando (1878 posts) -

Mercs 2 definately. The song in the commercial has been stuck in my head for weeks

#23 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

Well Mercs has been getting meh reviews, so I'll be getting Spore.

#24 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Both you ------------------- i dunno im getting both.

#25 Posted by Otacon (2208 posts) -

Without a doubt, Spore.

#26 Posted by CitizenKane (10504 posts) -

Moving this to General Discussion.

#27 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -
CitizenKane said:
"Moving this to General Discussion."

My mistake. Thank you.
#28 Posted by Gamer_152 (14051 posts) -

Absolutely, undoubtedly, no question, Spore.

#29 Posted by jlaudio7 (326 posts) -

Niether...I might get Spore, but I'm not sure yet. My wallet's been taking a beating these past few weeks. Im also trying to save up for a PS3 and the forthcoming avalanche of games  in October.

#30 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
jlaudio7 said:
"Niether...I might get Spore, but I'm not sure yet. My wallet's been taking a beating these past few weeks. Im also trying to save up for a PS3 and the forthcoming avalanche of games  in October."
Give Spore a chance, it is simply amazing.
#31 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Both, Unfortunately Mercs 2 isn't as good as I expected hopefully Spore will.

#32 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

I already got mercs 2, ill get spore for christmas.

#33 Posted by Karmum (11517 posts) -
Ma7moud said:
"Both, Unfortunately Mercs 2 isn't as good as I expected hopefully Spore will."
If you have been excited for Spore like I have for the past few months, you will enjoy it no doubt. I'm loving it.
#34 Posted by mracoon (4954 posts) -

Spore, I'm soooo looking forward to that game.

#35 Posted by krazychris (210 posts) -
Karmum said:
"Ma7moud said:
"Both, Unfortunately Mercs 2 isn't as good as I expected hopefully Spore will."
If you have been excited for Spore like I have for the past few months, you will enjoy it no doubt. I'm loving it."

The only problem I think I'll have with Spore is that it will be too easy. I'm all for unique gameplay experiances but I've heard it's exremly simplistic on both combat and RTS parts. Would I really just knock down everything in my path with ease?
#36 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -

Well, hopefully System Requirements Lab isn't lying to me, because I'm so buying Spore tomorrow. Looks fantastic.

I think I'll borrow Mercs 2 off one of my friends, once they're done with it.
#37 Posted by drsalvador (108 posts) -

not being heavilly into pc gaming, i have to choose mercs 2

#38 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

How about neither? Yea, I'm going with that one.