• 57 results
Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) 9 months, 20 days ago

Poll: What are you most excited for (in the short term)? (155 votes)

the consoles 15%
Giant Bomb's livestream of the consoles 85%

So yeah, I added short term (which I would describe as, like, a month or two) because obviously the consoles will be worth more a year from now, but I'm just wondering what y'all are more excited for at this very moment?

mine is an easy choice because I'm not getting either, but some of you are, so yours is a harder choice.

#1 Posted by BeachThunder (11854 posts) -

mine is an easy choice because I'm not getting either

#2 Posted by JoeyRavn (4969 posts) -

I honestly don't care about the consoles themselves, but Giant Bomb's livestreams are always welcome.

#3 Posted by Atlas (2436 posts) -

Easy answer: Giant Bomb coverage. Zero interest in new consoles for now, as I have a substantial backlog of recent games and I just bought a GTX 770. PC games, y'all!

I hope the new consoles are good, and I'm looking forward to picking one of them up in the next year or so.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Katawa Shoujo 2: Emictric Boogaloo.

#5 Posted by SMTDante89 (2567 posts) -

Honestly the live streams. I'm incredibly excited about getting my PS4, but since it's being sent home instead of here at college, I likely won't be getting it until Saturday so the streams will keep me held over until then.

#6 Posted by CaLe (3964 posts) -

They are very different feelings of anticipation. I can't really reconcile the two, but I'll say the stream because the consoles aren't out until the end of the month/next month for me. I may fall down an elevator shaft by then.

#7 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

I'm getting a PS4 day 1 and I'll probably have it while GB's livestreaming, but the obvious answer are the livestreams.

#8 Posted by Pie (7080 posts) -

Live streamsssss

#9 Edited by Phatmac (5725 posts) -

Live stream and I'll probably get a Wii U before I get the PS4 or Xbox One.

#10 Edited by Jeust (10555 posts) -

Neither. I don't normally watch the videos, nor I'm getting a new console.

#11 Posted by Marcsman (3180 posts) -

The consoles. I can't even see the comparison

#12 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3804 posts) -

The stream because I'm not buying a console for a while.

#13 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

The handjobs

#14 Posted by pyromagnestir (4300 posts) -

I'm just punchy enough to answer this question honestly and say I'm not excited for anything right now, whether video game related or not.

I'll get some entertainment out of the live streams though. And since I won't be getting a new console any time soon then my choice is clear.

#15 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1826 posts) -

Vinny to scream at Kinect/PS Eye camera

#16 Posted by hermes (1422 posts) -

Apparently I am with 90% of the people here that won't bother with a new console, but can't wait for the slew of content from the crew.

#17 Edited by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I got a new car battery today. A Bosch one. Going to put it on as soon as I get out of this bath and then drive to get some beer. Pretty excited about that in the short term. Going to play Arkham Origins when I get back - that's what I need the beer for. It's hellannoying.

#18 Posted by Veektarius (4775 posts) -

I've got some simulations running. Pretty excited to analyze the data when those are done running. Should be first thing tomorrow.

#19 Edited by afabs515 (1019 posts) -

The weather's starting to get pretty cold, so I'm excited to just wake up on friday, heat up some hot chocolate and/or coffee, and just sit at my computer watching the crew check out the PS4

#20 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5438 posts) -

I'm really not surprised to see those results. I'm super excited for both, but I can imagine it right now. My Ps4 unboxed, sitting in the background while I'm watching the livestream on Giant Bomb.com

#21 Posted by ll_Exile_ll (1630 posts) -

I'll be too busy playing the PS4 to watch the livestream, but I look forward to watching the twitch archive when I get the chance.

#22 Posted by BaneFireLord (2928 posts) -

mine is an easy choice because I'm not getting either

#23 Posted by WickedFather (1733 posts) -

I've got some simulations running. Pretty excited to analyze the data when those are done running. Should be first thing tomorrow.

MOAR!!!

#24 Posted by Zeik (2390 posts) -

Giantbomb's coverage is definitely the most exciting thing right now, since I won't be getting one until next year at the very earliest. If it wasn't for Giantbomb I have to wonder how much less I would actually care.

#25 Posted by HatKing (5896 posts) -

Giant Bomb's coverage will bring more entertainment than a launch lineup ever could hope to. But, more accurately, I'm most excited to dive back into XCOM as far as short term things go. But not excited enough to drive out in the cold today. Maybe tomorrow.

#26 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

I always enjoy watching the live streams, but I have zero interest in the consoles themselves as of right now. They are offering nothing I can't get already and locking things I can get now for free behind a paywall and adding nothing in return.

#27 Edited by TheRealMoot (365 posts) -

Holding back on getting any next gen consoles till next year at the minimum, don't see any reason to jump in right now.

And watching Vinny break the PS4 and Xbox One on launch day is going to be hilarious.

#28 Posted by Chop (1996 posts) -

Giant Bomb has been on a higher tier than actual video games for me for a while now.

So yeah, livestreams

#29 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5353 posts) -

Dark Souls 2

#30 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

Still enjoying my odd games. Hell there are still a BUNCH of 2011 games I really want to play. Will get a PS4 for Destiny.

#31 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Even if I was getting one of the next gens I would still pick the live streams answer.

#32 Edited by jasbir (107 posts) -

The Consoles

#33 Edited by Capum15 (4882 posts) -

Live stream, though I think I'll catch maybe the first 30 minutes before I have to leave. Hopefully they go long enough that I'll catch a bit more when I get back.

Then I'll probably buy X: Rebirth and experience space for the next day or two.

#34 Posted by ripelivejam (3816 posts) -

can't wait for the outrage when it's revealed the accounts actually are tied to the consoles...

#35 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

Poll is rigged.

Complete unknown experience.

VS

The Experience that comforts.

Edit: didn't vote.

#36 Posted by ripelivejam (3816 posts) -

inanimate playboxes

vs

brad with his arm behind his head :)

#37 Posted by ripelivejam (3816 posts) -

busted xbone activation serverz

vs

eight more hours of windjammers

#38 Posted by Animasta (14675 posts) -

Poll is rigged.

Complete unknown experience.

VS

The Experience that comforts.

Edit: didn't vote.

what does that even mean? I'm talking about the excitement you have right now for the thing. You could be excited without knowing what experience you'd get... but considering anticipation is never 100% anyway I don't see how that makes a difference.

like, for example, I'm excited about, say, Drakengard 3 but I don't know if it's going to be any good or not.

#39 Edited by TobbRobb (4603 posts) -

I am more excited for Giant Bomb content of games than any actual next gen games for the potential long term. Unless the Wii U counts. Bayonetta....

#40 Posted by ripelivejam (3816 posts) -

cat bayonetta....

#41 Posted by PenguinDust (12499 posts) -

I don't plan on picking up either of the new systems until sometime next year. I have a good PC, so I chose to spend my entertainment funds on an Ipad Air. I guess you could say I am looking forward to watching the various GB PS4/XBO videos on that. It's been said a million times before, it's the games that make the console, not the machine itself. None of these launch games excite me in any particular way.

#42 Posted by falserelic (5413 posts) -

For me getting my 6 pack abs is what I'm excited for. Video game wise I guess the new consoles.

#43 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

My next day off work...

#44 Edited by Vextroid (1391 posts) -

The Live streams. Not getting the new consoles anytime soon.

#45 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

Neither. Those livestreams bore me to tears and the new consoles are laughably overpriced and underpowered.

#46 Posted by Mr_Misery (258 posts) -

@missacre said:

Neither. Those livestreams bore me to tears and the new consoles are laughably overpriced and underpowered.

#47 Edited by Missacre (566 posts) -

@mr_misery said:

@missacre said:

Hey, it's Neil DeGrasse Tyson! Really nice guy.

#48 Posted by Vanick (329 posts) -

I'll say the livestream since I'll be watching it while I'm waiting for the UPS guy to deliver my PS4.

#49 Posted by Milkman (16680 posts) -

The live streams, easily.

#50 Posted by AMyggen (2877 posts) -

The GB coverage. Nothing interests me on either console until Infamous and Titanfall comes out, and even then I'll wait a good while for there to be enough games I want to play. I'll probably buy a PS4 in a year or so.

The 3DS is where it's at for me right now!