What are your fondest 1up memories?

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By AcidBrandon18

I remember loving their 1upshow and the Broken Pixels video skits. Also the Brodeo.........

What are your fondest 1up memories?

Miketakon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

The Brodeo is sorely missed.

Loading Video...

MC_Hify

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By MC_Hify

I remember that 1up Yours where everyone got trashed with the executive producer of Shadowrun on the 360 and talked shit about his game right in front of him. Even the PR guy there was wasted which is why he probably didn't stop the podcast. This was before the game had even come out. The Legendary Thread's with Luke Smith were pretty good too, that guy was really into WoW.

mitchell486

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By mitchell486

I posted and the forum was not having ANY of that. So. Let's try this again.

I miss the old podcast days with Luke Smith, Jeff Green, and Garnett Lee. Talking about the Wii when it was first out and then some fan letter about the mom that couldn't find the button under the controller "She could find the B button Luke!" "Haha it's the C button Garnett!"

I also miss the theme song for their podcasts.... "Hey! I don't wanna go to work today! Wanna stay home and play... All my video games! On the 1up show.... You know you'll be a star! On the 1up show! You already ARE! EVERYDAY! It's like a holidaaaayyyyyyY!! 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, 1up, It's the 1up shoooooooooow" :D I will miss that site. It was one of the first ones that got me into video game podcasts and reviews for more than "This game is good, buy it." or "This game is shit, avoid it." Sadly I haven't kept up with them since the downfall of 1upYours. When it changed from that, my upkeep with them has dwindled but. I will miss them and the things they started.

sumbog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

1UP back in the day was pretty great, having some of the best characters in the video game industry working there at a time. GFW (CGW) was and most likely is, my favorite podcast, having so many hours of great fun mixed with intelligent discussions. Heck, I even listened to legendary thread having not played a single hour of WOW in my life.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I use to listen to their podcast.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

That time 1up died; apart from that I used to write joke applications to IGN and I think I maybe listened to the Dark Souls podcast?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By FluxWaveZ

That time Ryan O'Donnell said "The only thing I hate about Gears of War 2 is that it's almost too good" on the 1UP Show.

I also miss the feeling of looking forward to every Friday for 1UP Yours. The Bombcast has replaced that feeling, I suppose, but it's not totally the same.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I really wish that Jeff Green would still do gaming related podcasts.

Kinda miss the old 1up weekend confirmed team with Luke, Shane and so on. Though the current one is pretty great too at Shacknews.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Whenever Garnet would make dumb predictions and Luke or Shane would call him out on it. Garnet doesn't make dumb predictions anymore and even if he did the Weekend Confirmed guys wouldn't call him out. Those are the moments where it goes off the rails and I miss that. Also, looking forward to Friday's show. It's not the same as looking forward to the bombcast. Also, Shane's blatant Sony fanboyism. I miss that. Podcasts need more irrational arguments.

Zirilius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Zirilius

My favorite was playing Age of Conan with the GFW guild. Chat was hilarious, running around the world trolling people with Chuff and making Jeff cringe when PKing a guy blocking a door. Those were the days.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Mario Bros. - Finding that hidden 1-Up block in world 1-1.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I loved the chemistry of the original four guys on 1-Up Yours, and that podcast was pretty amazing while it lasted, even with some shuffling of the people on it later on until everyone left and it changed names, etc... The Brodeo was also awesome. Both those podcasts (along with the Hotspot, of course) made my painfully long commutes to grad school bearable.

LucidDreams117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved so much about 1up. Favourite would have to be the last 1up Yours podcast. The last one for Luke Smith. It was sad to know he'd be leaving but also funny and I always remember it. Before the Bombcast, 1up podcasts were the absolute best.

reckless_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

That was my GiantBomb of the mid 2000s. I went there every day, enjoyed the podcasts and video content. Damn I miss the 1UP Show...

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ltsmash

I finally got around to Jeff Green's segment in Tested's Octoberkast 2, and boy, do I miss hearing that guy on a regular podcast.

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I really like Retronauts. Especially when it has Shane Bettenhausen and Roy Barnholt in it, they have really funny personalities.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

@nardak said:

I really wish that Jeff Green would still do gaming related podcasts regularly.

Kinda miss the old 1up weekend confirmed team with Luke, Shane and so on. Though the current one is pretty great too at Shacknews.

Fixed.

The guy, along with Shawn Elliott, appeared on Rebel FM episode a month ago. Maybe that will tickle your fancy. Also, I think Jeff Green does that PopCap podcast but I don't think he's done one in almost a year now.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. Never went there. Until GB, I never really made a point of reading game related news or visiting game related sites. Certainly not ones that focused primarily on consoles.

MOAB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MOAB

i remember the 1up show having a catchy opening and jane pinckard being pretty cute. that's all i got.

AlmostSwedish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah the podcasts for sure. It's so sad that they were never able to make money of them, cause they were the best (well the 1UP Show ran some ads for a while but obviously not enough). 1UP Yours, The Brodeo... I even thought 1UP FM was doing some interesting stuff.

But to be honest, the 1UP I loved died in the 1UPocalypse of 2008.

shaggydude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If anybody wants to go on a 1UP scavenger hunt, there are a couple things I've been looking for on the internet. Maybe someone here knows where I can find this before 1up.com completely shuts down:

1. Any 1UP Yours with Giant Bomb guests. I know Brad was on the show a couple times, but I swear they did an episode where Jeff, Ryan and Brad played musical chairs to all be on the same cast with them.

2. The episode of the 1UP Show where they do a pub crawl around Arcade bars in Tokyo. I think this could have been a Broken Pixels episode but I can't find it in either of their archives.

Nardak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nardak

@rjayb89 said:

@nardak said:

I really wish that Jeff Green would still do gaming related podcasts regularly.

Fixed.

The guy, along with Shawn Elliott, appeared on Rebel FM episode a month ago. Maybe that will tickle your fancy. Also, I think Jeff Green does that PopCap podcast but I don't think he's done one in almost a year now.

Thanks for the link:). Much appriciated.