• 60 results
#1 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

So I'm playing Splinter Cell: Blacklist right now and I've noticed that in the last 3 missions I've completed, I'm ranked 5th, 7th and 6th in the world, consecutively. I feel pretty awesome about it. Let's see if I can keep this awesomeness going.

I was also the first person in the world to get 111% in Limbo.

So this is a sort of pat yourself on the back thread, and I invite you to share your own achievements and the likes!

#2 Edited by bigjeffrey (4176 posts) -

I've done nothing with my gaming career worth noting.

#3 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

@bigjeffrey: Haha, I doubt it. I'm not looking for things to be first in the world, etc. Just anything you deem an accomplishment! I got through MGS 3 without being spotted on the hardest difficulty a good accomplishment.

#4 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4660 posts) -

I'm ever improving with Marth in both melee and Project M. Lets see how far this goes.

#5 Edited by falserelic (4956 posts) -

Crysis

DEAD SPACE 2

PAC-MAN CHAMPION XXX EDITION

DmC

DUKE NUKEM FOREVER

EL SHADDAI

SOCOM 4

FIST OF THE NORTH STAR!!!!!!! (Look at them gainz)

BTW.....

#6 Posted by spraynardtatum (2143 posts) -

I was 17th on a Dyad board when it first came out. I can't remember what level but it was one with a bunch of flashing lights and colors.

#7 Posted by Iodine (532 posts) -

I was 198th on an iOS game called Whale Tail until they changed their format

#8 Posted by Seedofpower (3909 posts) -

I got really good at the Dawn of War 2 series and The Last Stand.

#9 Posted by SunBroZak (853 posts) -

I was 4th on the Acceleration of Suguri X-Editon's leaderboards at one point. Which I consider an achievement, because that game must have such an obscure, cult audience. I also beat the end boss in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen in less than 30 seconds. Which put on 13th on the leaderboard for a little while.

That's pretty much it. I've 100%'d some hard games, like Dark Souls, but it's more of a time sink that a true testament to skill.

#10 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

You know, if you're good at the game, you should make a guide for it on the site!

#11 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

You know, if you're good at the game, you should make a guide for it on the site!

#12 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4501 posts) -

@falserelic: Props for Ken's Rage reference; what an awesome silly game.

Uh let's see here. I am the best morph player of Assassin's Creed multiplayer, top 10 Assassinate player in Revelations. I was a top 10 tank in the world in WoW, number 1 on the Vengeance Battlegroup and the best on a top 5 US server. I was the best overall player (in terms of killing people) in Warhammer Online, and the best at 2 classes. I had the top time in the world on one of the Double Dragon Neon leaderboards and top 10 and top 3 on the other 2. I have a platinum trophy in Vanquish. I recently went about 50-2 with a brand new Dark Souls character in invasions (mostly being invaded). I beat over half of the bosses in Dark Souls on the first try, blind near launch. I was a top 5 player in one of the super elitist groups of Starcraft: Brood War; a group which overall had by far the highest average skill level I have ever seen in a game. I was a top 50 Injustice player for a month straight and at one point had a top 100 position on every leaderboard, playing with a middle-bottom tier character. And a whole lot more.

I'm also a really good forum troll, perhaps the most intricate of arts.

#13 Posted by Mendelson9 (371 posts) -

I got the achievement for beating Half-Life 2: Episode 1 with only one bullet. That was cool to see how the game could be played differently that just shooting everything, like every other shooter.

#14 Posted by falserelic (4956 posts) -

@falserelic:

I'm also a really good forum troll, perhaps the most intricate of arts.

Seems like we both have something in common, we'll get along just fine.

#15 Posted by believer258 (11064 posts) -

Uh... I used to be pretty good at Halo 3?

I hate it when these threads come up. I play a ton of different kinds of games, so I'm competent in most things but I'm only good at best in some things and not actually great at anything. I did think that Mega Man Zero 3 was kinda easy the first time I played it, though...

Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge in a game, but when I get frustrated I put it down and move on to something else.

#16 Posted by Elwoodan (673 posts) -

I won a few of the tournies Kuma/War ran for its history channel 'episodes', and I have the DVDs of Shootout to prove it!

#17 Posted by HatKing (5574 posts) -

I was pretty legit at War of The Monsters on PS2. Not that it was online, or that I really got to push my skills, but I did dominate all my friends and AI consistently. Not sure what it was about that game that spoke to me. It may have been the pacing of the fights. Slower than, say, a Street Fighter, but faster than a FPS game.

I was also, like, 20th in the world on the competitive multiplayer of the first Saints Row game. Though admittedly, that wasn't that fun to play and had more to do with me having a ton of free time at that point in time than anything else.

This probably doesn't count, but in the original Gears of War I had a few comebacks where my entire team would be eliminated and I'd take out all of the other players and win it for us. I guess I like slower games that are about patience and predicting human behavior rather than twitch reflexes and timing.

#18 Edited by Vuud (1459 posts) -

On a good day my KDR is about 2.

#19 Posted by Baillie (3955 posts) -

@hatking said:

This probably doesn't count, but in the original Gears of War I had a few comebacks where my entire team would be eliminated and I'd take out all of the other players and win it for us. I guess I like slower games that are about patience and predicting human behavior rather than twitch reflexes and timing.

Yeah, it is awesome when it happens. I absolutely love Gears of War. I still play it to this day.

#20 Posted by Fredchuckdave (4501 posts) -

Just won a match of AC3 Wanted, 1 kill 9 stuns 1 death; joined late. 1 kill and I won by 2000 points. 1 kill. Could have won with 0, kill provided like 1/10th of my points. The fabled 0 kill win essentially; I joined late and had 2 pursuers.

#21 Edited by Random45 (812 posts) -

Back when I first got my 360 and was still in High School, I managed to beat Call of Duty 2 on the hardest difficulty and got every achievement. It's probably the most proud I've ever been after beating a game, even if the accomplishment wasn't huge by some people's standards. It was to me though, because Veteran mode was absolutely insane, and there were times when I kept restarting at the same spot for over an hour, trying to get just flat out lucky to reach the next checkpoint.

Nowadays simply beating the game is an achievement for me, since I don't really play all that often anymore.

#22 Edited by haffy (673 posts) -

Top 100 on few of the trials extreme levels and that extreme tournament. But that's on PC, the Xbox leaderboards are much harder. And I guess being in masters in sc2 since it became the highest league and getting my two off races in masters as well.

#23 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4036 posts) -

I used to be good in Halo: Reach. And I platinumed Uncharted 3.

#24 Posted by Capshot (19 posts) -

I was in the top 20 on a couple of LBP2 levels when that came out, and I think I was one of the first people to platinum Sly 4.

#25 Edited by Siphillis (1286 posts) -

Finished every Mario game to 100% completion, except Bros. 2, Sunshine, and NSMBW.

Finished every Donkey Kong Country game to 100% completion, except Returns.

Caught Mewtwo. (Pokemon Blue)

Finished the first level of every Halo game on Legendary.

Accessed the Reverse castle w/o guide on first try (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night)

Developed two games of my own: one in Java, one in C. Doing a third in Unity/JavaScript.

#26 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4467 posts) -

I've been playing through some classics for the first time. I kind of think of that as an achievement against my procrastinational tendencies.

So far I've beaten,

• Mega Man 2
  • Symphony of the Night
  • Super Metroid

Right now I'm playing through A link to the Past.

#27 Edited by Taku128 (727 posts) -

I got all the music CDs in God Hand twice, once on PS2 and once on PS3. I've also S-Ranked every chapter on every difficulty in Metal Gear Rising, including both DLC packs, and gotten first place on all VR Missions including the DLC ones. As far as leaderboard stuff goes I was ranked pretty high in the XBLA leaderboards for both Banjo-Kazooie and Double Dragon Neon at one point in time, top 50ish for both, but I'm sure I've dropped on both considerably since then.

#28 Posted by Vanick (276 posts) -

I was at the top of the leaderboards on a handful of songs for Rock Band 2 for a brief period of time. I also got every achievement in Dark Souls and that stupid Mile High Club achievement in Call of Duty 4.

#29 Posted by HellknightLeon (402 posts) -

I beat Nemesis with just my knife (I put up my gun as to save ammo)... lots of rolling and lots and lots of time. It was a long time ago... but I think I shat myself right after. Good times.

#30 Posted by AlecOfTheWest (243 posts) -

Mile high club on veteran and the GTA IV pidgeons are really the only ones I can think of. I used to be friends with someone who was ranked in the top ten on the Dead Space 2 leaderboards, however obscure that may be.

#31 Posted by DarthOrange (3499 posts) -

Number one Dive on PSN and also number one Giant Bomb duder on PSN for Divekick for a few hours once.

#32 Posted by jaycee13 (523 posts) -

Beating a 20000 bp Ryu with Dan in Super Street Fighter 4: AE

#33 Posted by Breadfan (6586 posts) -
#34 Posted by Missacre (566 posts) -

I got Oblivion back on launch day, and in the years that followed, I spent probably 4000 hours playing it, at least up until Skyrim came out. I played Skyrim for 60 hours over a years' time, never played it again, and went right back to Oblivion. That's probably nothing in the grand scheme of gaming-related things, but it seems like an accomplishment to me.

#35 Edited by sir_gunblade (98 posts) -

I could perfect the original Contra NES. (Never die. Haven't tried it in years though)

Big Boss Rating in MGS 1,2. Foxhound in 3.

Beat Ninja Gaiden Sigma, DMC3.

Those are the most difficult things I can think of at the top of my head.

#36 Posted by Wuddel (2057 posts) -

@breadfan said:

Actually understanding how to play Crusader Kings 2.

Great, now you actually get into EU4 :P I learned from the Paradox Forums that no matter how ridiculously complex your game is, someone will always think its dumbed down.

Well this and I 100%ed all free content in Burnout Paradise.

#37 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4501 posts) -

@wuddel: As someone who has played almost every Paradox game CK2 and CK1 are basically the same level of complexity; it's just easier to do stuff in CK2. EU4 is actually more complicated than EU3, but it is still easier to do stuff. There was more time spent doing nothing in the older renditions/more randomness (colonization was a % chance, coring happened of its own volition and so on) but it wasn't more complex in general. Victoria is a whole other beast but I imagine Victoria 2 maintained a similar level of complication. Elven Legacy is more complicated than most Hex Based wargames.

#39 Posted by Vod_Crack (672 posts) -

I finished Vampire Rain.

#40 Edited by VierasTalo (585 posts) -

I have a bunch of #1 positions on various song leaderboards in Audiosurf ninja mono.

#41 Posted by IamTerics (354 posts) -

I was the Fusion Frenzy champion, back when I was younger. No one could touch me, it was probably the best I've been at a party game. In waves, I managed to hit their score threshold, by playing for around half an hour straight in a zen like calm. I consider beating They Bleed Pixels and achievement, since that game ramps up in difficulty quickly. Honestly the most impressive thing I've done is beat Super Hexagon. Afterwards I watched the ending about 5 more times on Youtube.

#42 Posted by Philedius (204 posts) -

None, but my mother used to play Bubble Shooter a lot and frequented the daily top 50 on the leaderboard.

#43 Edited by charlie_victor_bravo (870 posts) -
#44 Edited by Ezakael (871 posts) -

Nothing noteworthy but I'm just gonna say getting through my 84 hour play through of Star Ocean 4 with the English dub without throwing my controller at the screen.

#45 Edited by Canteu (2814 posts) -

S ranking Dark Souls 2 weeks after it came out without any outside assistance.

I was top in sharks eaten on feeding frenzy 1 for a while.

Caught all 151 (got mew at a tourney and sold clones of hiss ass to people at school for £5 a pop)

Beating all optional bosses in every Final Fantasy, even Penance, Yiazmat and Long Gui.

Ninja Gaiden black on Master ninja. Shit was hard.

Bayonetta on Non Stop Unlimited Climax Mode (best difficulty setting name ever).

Beating Freya on 4D. Getting all of the battle trophies! That shit took a long time.

I'm sure there's more but those are the ones I remember.

#46 Edited by Fattony12000 (6377 posts) -

Just being sick as fuck, in general, really.

#47 Posted by Fattony12000 (6377 posts) -

Just being sick as fuck, in general, really.

#48 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Wasting my life on being good at something that has no real impact on real life...

ijustwanttodie@comcast.com

#49 Edited by Fredchuckdave (4501 posts) -

@canteu: Fastest one on Giant Bomb was like October 15th or something (which'd be 11-12 days); either way rushing to get achievements is definitely not the way to play Dark Souls. 1 week would be probably around 130 hours (so 18-19 hours a day), plus you'd have to luck out in knowing that the Dark Hand existed somehow which is highly unlikely or other obscure stuff like cutting off the Ancient Dragon's tail. I doubt you did it in one week unless it wasn't blind. Did you beat Yiazmat in one sitting (not a particularly admirable feat considering the time investment, but surely more impressive than beating it in general)? There's also a fairly high regard for the FFV superbosses, they're lonely for not being mentioned.

#50 Posted by TrafalgarLaw (866 posts) -

@canteu said:

Caught all 151 (got mew at a tourney and sold clones of hiss ass to people at school for £5 a pop)

You sold pokemon to kids? That's f*cking boss!