• 75 results
TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By TechHits

With PSN down I was looking at games that I haven't Touched in a while and saw Tekken 6. After booting It up I started the scenario mode that I have barely  touched, and I couldn't believe it; I loved the Scenario mode. I could tell it was bad, like really bad, but something kept drawing me forward. The beat up game-play mixed with the loot grinding elements, and using characters I loved was really sick. It defiantly wasn't something I would recommend to fighting game fan, or a diablo fan.... or a person. but I liked it!

What are some of your gaming guilt pleasures, that is stuff you know is bad, but like anyhow. 
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By wrighteous86

The only games that I enjoy that I'm somewhat embarrassed about are the Kingdom Hearts games. I'm pretty self-confident, but even I have trouble sometimes justifying why I'm spending some time by myself playing an action-RPG crossover between Final Fantasy and Disney with a convoluted, melodramatic, saccharine plot as a 25 year old man.

ConstantRa1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ConstantRa1n

There are many great offline single player games. Not all of us live online. If anything, most games that focus on online play are "bad".

gabha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By gabha

Dynasty Warriors, and any game of it's ilk. I keep telling myself to stop being part of the problem and to stop playing them, but eventually I do, And evertime it's the same deal, I go into a trance  until I finish them, not being able to play anything else, and it always makes me feel a little dirty inside.

animateria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By animateria

I think there was a thread like this....

Anyways, mine is any game that sorta resembles Dynasty Warriors, except Dynasty Warriors itself.

Stuff like Phantasy Star Portable (Arguably more PSO but none the less) or Sengoku Basara Samurai Heroes.

Sengoku Basara makes the Dynasty Warriors formula fun again by going over the top on every aspect of the game. It helps that it moves in a much faster pace, and each character plays in a unique fashion. There's the heavy jugglers, the grappler, the ranged damager, and a Crowd Control character etc, etc. I hope Capcom brings the next in the series over to the States despite the poor sales. I hoped Dynasty Warrior fans would pick this up but Capcom didn't do any PR with this so I bet most don't even know it exists.

unchained

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By unchained
badwhodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By badwhodo

Britney's Dance Beat.

i can feel the judgement coming...
i love rhythm games, sorry.
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By JasonR86

Mirror's Edge is one of them.  I like that game way more than I should and it deserves.  I think I like the idea of that game more than the actual gameplay.

I also put Beyond Good and Evil in my top 10 games of all time.  I know why someone wouldn't like that game but I really, really enjoyed it at the time and have replayed it over and over again and have enjoyed as much as the first time each time I play it.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By TechHits
@ConstantRa1n said:
" There are many great offline single player games. Not all of us live online. If anything, most games that focus on online play are "bad". "
who said there wasn't great single player games?
Adamsons

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Adamsons
@Wrighteous86 said:
" The only games that I enjoy that I'm somewhat embarrassed about are the Kingdom Hearts games. I'm pretty self-confident, but even I have trouble sometimes justifying why I'm spending some time by myself playing an action-RPG crossover between Final Fantasy and Disney with a convoluted, melodramatic, saccharine plot as a 25 year old man. "
I am completely compelled to echo this.
Slaker117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Slaker117

I had so much fun with Prototype, even thought that game was rough as hell. It was just so funny to go into military bases, seek up behind people and consume them without anyone noticing, until it's just you and one last dude who can't quite put together that something's wrong, despite that fact that his whole squad is missing and you're gliding around the air. And then you go outside, kick a helicopter, fly away, run up the side of a building and dive bomb into a busy city street. Man that game is stupid. And awesome.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By crusader8463

I don't have anything I feel guilty about enjoying. If I like it then I like it and will look for more games that are similar.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@crusader8463 said:
" I don't have anything I feel guilty about enjoying."
Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Capum15
@crusader8463 said:
" I don't have anything I feel guilty about enjoying. If I like it then I like it and will look for more games that are similar. "
Pretty much this.
Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By Commisar123

fatality

jozzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By jozzy

I play quite a lot. Of bejeweled 3, especially the totally useless Zen mode...

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By McGhee

I will admit to the ultimate guilty pleasure.

*turns on the creeper cam*
I use to love DOA Extreme 2. So relaxing. Just getting out there with the girls, taking photos, playing volley ball, trying on new swim suits. The Wave Race 64 style jet ski racing was actually pretty good. I wish they would do a Extreme 3 centered more around the racing. Add in the boob physics and swim suits and you have a recipe for awesome.
Grayfox34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Grayfox34

Lost Planet 2. I can see how bad that game is, but give me mechs and giant bugs and I just don't give a fuck.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TechHits
@crusader8463 said:
" I don't have anything I feel guilty about enjoying. If I like it then I like it and will look for more games that are similar. "

so you don't enjoy any games you know are bad, or you just don't think any game that you do enjoy could be bad?
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Vodun

I sometimes take the disc, lube up the hole and then I put my...oh, wait...you didn't mean that kind of guilty pleasure...never mind!

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By beforet

I actually enjoyed Final Fantasy X-2, and for reasons beyond the fact that I was a twelve year old boy...but mostly because I was a twelve year old boy.

Otherwise, no game I'm really guilty of. I should replay that game, see how it holds up.

Edit: Oh! I also really like Drakengard, but I'm not guilty of that at all so I don't know if it counts.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#22  Edited By WickedCestus

I kind of like Sonic Unleashed. Kind of.

Rockanomics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rockanomics

Going through tutorials when I already know how to play.

sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 8

#24  Edited By sparklykiss

Spice World, Barbie Make-Over games, the first DoAX was pretty good, Surf's Up, Enchanted Arms...

And Record of Agarest War. I bought the limited edition of that game. The only guilt is when I look at that box. I do not regret the booby mousepad, though.
Chrisbot84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Chrisbot84

Ghostbusters, because god damn am I huge GB fan and boy oh boy did I get caught up in the hype machine for that one. I got the special limited edition I have since thrown the stickers away, and the Slimer statue got busted up because of my girlfriends fat-ass cat not knowing how to jump on a ledge a tad too narrow for him. It wasn't a bad game per say, just very middle of the road. 

Ghostin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ghostin

Tower defence games, they are a real guilty pleasure.  I don't even understand why I play them.
ReapersPuppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ReapersPuppy

anything with MUSIC!
Ima sap when it comes to singing,dancing or playing some kind of fake instrument!

LevelRouter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By LevelRouter

Jedi power battles. I used to play it alot when I was a kid, probably still like to play it because of the nostalgia. Just did a multiplayer run a month ago with a friend who is equally nostalgic towards the game. We had to restart the Darth Maul fight over six times because he was utterly incapable of exiting the stage correctly (got stuck into walls, started to doing infinite number of air jumps into a random direction etc. etc.) That game was buggy as hell on top of all the other bad stuff, but we loved it :)

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By crusader8463
@TechHits said:
"
@crusader8463 said:
so you don't enjoy any games you know are bad, or you just don't think any game that you do enjoy could be bad? "
If I like the game why would I think it's bad or be ashamed of it? It can have problems, but why would I ever be ashamed of liking something? I don't understand that. If I like it, then I like it. I'm not going to hide it under my bed, pretend I never played it, or act like it's some deep dark secret that I can never reveal to anyone who asks me about it.

It's a dam video game. It's not some kinky sex fetish you need to hide from people out of fear of being ostracized or ridiculed.
Badhands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Badhands

LOTR: The Third Age..... yes it is a LOTR game but it is one of the better ones at least. I have played that game so much since I got it when it first came out.... years ago.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#31  Edited By Yanngc33

Tron Evolution was a pretty good game if you ask me

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By JTB123

X-Men Origins: Wolverine, seriously, that game is frikin rad. That's right, rad!

I also love P.N.03 more than I should according to a lot of people, but hey.

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TechHits
@crusader8463 said: 
If I like the game why would I think it's bad or be ashamed of it? It can have problems, but why would I ever be ashamed of liking something? I don't understand that. If I like it, then I like it. I'm not going to hide it under my bed, pretend I never played it, or act like it's some deep dark secret that I can never reveal to anyone who asks me about it.

It's a dam video game. It's not some kinky sex fetish you need to hide from people out of fear of being ostracized or ridiculed.
"
umm... I'm not sure if you quite got what a guilty pleasure IS. Its not a game you're ashamed of liking per se, it's a game that you know has flaws, but for some reason you like anyhow. For example childhood nostalgia, or the game being attached to an IP that you really enjoy.
sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By sameeeeam
@JTB123 said:
" X-Men Origins: Wolverine, seriously, that game is frikin rad. That's right, rad!I also love P.N.03 more than I should according to a lot of people, but hey. "
Hell yeah, P.N.03! That's probably mine as well.
N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By N7

Oh, well in that case, Yu-Gi-Oh! games. I haven't played one in years, but ohhhh man do I think about them all the time. Most of my childhood was spent dueling in the laundry rooms of American Apartment Buildings wherever I went. I just can't let it go... No matter how bad the shows have gotten(Although the new cards are pretty nice).

I still love the Duelists Of The Roses. That game was so rad.

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

@Badhands said:
" LOTR: The Third Age..... yes it is a LOTR game but it is one of the better ones at least. I have played that game so much since I got it when it first came out.... years ago. "
Yeah, I played that a lot too. Not a great game, but easy to play obsessively to get all the equipment.
Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess it has to be getting silent hill shattered memories for the ps2 last year great game but super dated graphics especially when I been  playing games on the PC for 6 years now.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#38  Edited By FreakAche
@JasonR86 said:
" Mirror's Edge is one of them.  I like that game way more than I should and it deserves. "
What's wrong with Mirror's Edge? I'd say it deserves a whole lot of appreciation.
Random88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Random88

Alot of Japanese RPGs.  A few recent examples include Ar Tonelico Qoga and Hyperdimension Neptunia.  Played them both and really enjoyed them.  I'd also have to say that I really enjoy visual novel style games on the DS like 9hours 9persons 9doors.

Also I really enjoyed WET

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By TechHits
@JTB123 said:
" X-Men Origins: Wolverine, seriously, that game is frikin rad. That's right, rad!I also love P.N.03 more than I should according to a lot of people, but hey. "
I need to play more rad games, seriously like the last rad game I played was sonic 2.  and I like wolverine....
melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By melcene

Yeah there was a thread on this, but my two guilty pleasure would be:

Bejeweled 3, which I play just about daily, sometimes if only for 10 minutes at a time.
World of Warcraft, which I take extended breaks from and return to at least once a year since vanilla beta.
cheebaking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cheebaking

I'd say my guilty pleasure would be Super Street Fighter 4. This guilt is due to the amount of hours I've spent playing that game. If they real world had any true idea, they would be ashamed.
In terms of bad games I still enjoy, Stronghold Crusader. I see many flaws, I know there are loads of newer, shinier and better balanced RTS games out there yet it draws me back like a moth to a broken flame.

Burninator12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#43  Edited By Burninator12

LEGO games. I enjoy them way more than I probably should.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By crusader8463
@TechHits said:
" @crusader8463 said: 

"
umm... I'm not sure if you quite got what a guilty pleasure IS. Its not a game you're ashamed of liking per se, it's a game that you know has flaws, but for some reason you like anyhow. For example childhood nostalgia, or the game being attached to an IP that you really enjoy. "
By that description then every game ever made, because they all have flaws.
Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#45  Edited By Video_Game_King

Superman 64, but only when there are other people watching. I realize the irony of a guilty pleasure that can only be enjoyed in the presence of others.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#46  Edited By Aronman789

I feel a bit ashamed that I liked Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines

TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TechHits
@crusader8463 said:
" @TechHits said:
" @crusader8463 said: 

"
umm... I'm not sure if you quite got what a guilty pleasure IS. Its not a game you're ashamed of liking per se, it's a game that you know has flaws, but for some reason you like anyhow. For example childhood nostalgia, or the game being attached to an IP that you really enjoy. "
By that description then every game ever made, because they all have flaws. "
out of all the ways to get trolled by making this thread I would never have guessed this is how they would get me.  kudos
frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By frankxiv
@TechHits said:
" With PSN down I was looking at games that I haven't Touched in a while and saw Tekken 6. After booting It up I started the scenario mode that I have barely  touched, and I couldn't believe it; I loved the Scenario mode. I could tell it was bad, like really bad, but something kept drawing me forward. The beat up game-play mixed with the loot grinding elements, and using characters I loved was really sick. It defiantly wasn't something I would recommend to fighting game fan, or a diablo fan.... or a person. but I liked it!

What are some of your gaming guilt pleasures, that is stuff you know is bad, but like anyhow. 
"
scenario campaign brought me back to my roots on playstation, janky as shit 3d beatemups. part of the reason i have a plat in tekken 6 is i just had so much fun with it.
TechHits

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By TechHits
@onimonkii:  I'm not sure if you have played it but, it really reminded me of Ehrgeiz dungeon mode on PSX. 
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#50  Edited By JasonR86
@FreakAche said:
" @JasonR86 said:
" Mirror's Edge is one of them.  I like that game way more than I should and it deserves. "
What's wrong with Mirror's Edge? I'd say it deserves a whole lot of appreciation. "
I really like the game but it had some messed up gameplay.  The hit-detection was off with the platforming, the gun-play was stiff except, oddly enough, with the sniper rifle.  The story had a great set up but didn't deliver.  The world was great and when the game focused on simple, fast-paced platforming it was a lot of fun to play.  But those moments didn't occur as often as I would have hoped especially at the end of the game.  Don't get me wrong the game was fun and I've replayed it quite a few times but I totally get why people wouldn't like it as much as I do.