#1 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1811 posts) -

Video games are good, but sometimes there's no power. What do you guys play when there's a power outage?

#2 Posted by Rihanna (85 posts) -

During the last 2 hurricanes I had my DS charged and I was prepared to play Zelda: A Link to the Past (GBA). Never lost the power though.

#3 Posted by D_Bones (365 posts) -

The greatest gaming platform of all time....cards

#4 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

I played a bit of Civ V when my power went out some time ago. I should really get back into it.

#5 Posted by Hector (3381 posts) -

I still have my Gameboy Color lying around with games and I don't have to worry about charging it since I can just switch the batteries.

#6 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

When my powers out, I head to my bed, grab the comfy pillow, and cry. I also like playing bloons on my iPhone while crying.

#7 Posted by Branthog (5598 posts) -

None. When the power is out (no matter what time it is), I just go take a nap. If there's no power and (especially) no internet, there's no point in being awake.

#8 Posted by gla55jAw (2698 posts) -

When Hurricane Sandy hit, I had no power for like 2 weeks. I played a lot of Chrono Trigger. I just remembered I never finished it.

#9 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4833 posts) -

Russian Roulette.

#10 Posted by Winternet (8060 posts) -

@branthog said:

None. When the power is out (no matter what time it is), I just go take a nap. If there's no power and (especially) no internet, there's no point in being awake.

You know, this man has a point.

#11 Posted by probablytuna (3832 posts) -

I sleep.

#12 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -
@branthog said:

None. When the power is out (no matter what time it is), I just go take a nap. If there's no power and (especially) no internet, there's no point in being awake alive.

fixed.

I usually just play whatever I've been playing on my handheld systems at the time. Last time it happened I put 3 hours into Fire Emblem Awakening. Or I read.

#13 Posted by Sanity (1951 posts) -

I read my kindle, or sleep. Most of the time when the power goes out here its at night in the winter so theirs not much else to do and its too dark to play cards or anything.

#15 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (3791 posts) -

Monopoly? If you could get like a lantern, or candles going.

#16 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12137 posts) -

I haven't been victim to a power outage in years. If I could tell you the games I played, they'd probably be for the Gameboy Color or something.

#17 Edited by villainy (600 posts) -

I pick up my PC and drive to work where I can mooch from the generators and diesel delivery services..

Edit: Oh right besides gloating, sorry. I'm with @rihanna and LTTP. If I were to finish that and still have no power then fuck it I'll just go walk around and let nature have her way with me.

#18 Posted by Aurelito (721 posts) -

Fire up the ol' bongy bong.

#19 Edited by cloudnineboya (849 posts) -

trying to find a fucking candle, by the time i find one the power is back on.

#20 Posted by Clonedzero (4196 posts) -

how the hell am i going to play a game without any power? i dont own any handhelds. i'm smart enough to know not to waste my phones battery playing a game on it when theres no power.

#21 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6012 posts) -

The game of imagination.......... and depression.

#22 Edited by espm400 (106 posts) -

I either read a book, go outside (weather permitting, the most common source of power outages in my area are overheated transformers, so outside is an option), or I just play with myself... Wait, that may have come out wrong...

'Books, they're like the internet, made out of trees...'

#23 Posted by TheeGravedigger (106 posts) -

Well, I remember one time, during a blackout, I dialed into a local ISP, got online on my laptop and finished my corpse run.

If we're having a blackout during the daytime, I've got a large pile of board games I can play. At night, might be a bit more difficult though I've got a few camping lanterns.

Worst case scenario, fall back on the classic, story telling.

#24 Edited by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I read a book on my iPad instead.

#25 Posted by OfficeGamer (1086 posts) -

This thread is sad and depressing... may none of us suffer the trauma and heart break of power outages. My heart is with you, fellow duders.

#26 Posted by SerHulse (688 posts) -

I would just read my Kindle.

Or Lego, probably Lego.