Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

What are your halloween gaming plans?

It is also a good idea to comment the gaming plans of the other users, talk about how you feel about those games. Getting in the mood for halloween and gaming.

Mine are to spend some time playing either The Last of Us, Alan Wake, Resident Evil 0 or Fatal Frame IV, or maybe get Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem or The Evil Within and play that.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Costume Quest Costume Quest Costume Quest Costume Quest Costume Quest Costume Quest Costume Quest Costume Quest

and so on.

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

I don't care about Halloween at all, so I will most likely be playing Civilization Beyond Earth. Maybe Costume Quest 2 if I decide to get that.

Aviar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'd like to get through Amnesia and Outlast already. Been putting those off for far too long.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Corevi

I'll probably play The Legend of Korra. That show is cool and Platinum is cool.

I'm not a horror guy. The only "horror" game I've enjoyed is Alan Wake.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

Sunset Overdrive. I'm looking forward to that game, and my wife and I don't really get trick or treaters where we are. Last year I bought a ton of candy and we watched some movies and no one showed. So this year, I'm going to get Sunset Overdrive that day and some candy for myself.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

The Evil Within, Duh. It comes out in october and by that time I'll have my college research shit sorted out.

Plus, The Evil Within looks fucking awesome!

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't feel like buying any new games. I have too many unplayed or barely played. I also don't celebrate holidays.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil Within.

It'll either be a rad Halloween or a REALLY disappointing one.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have time for video games on Halloween. There's just way too many goats to sacrifice.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

@theacidskull said:

The Evil Within, Duh. It comes out in october and by that time I'll have my college research shit sorted out.

This, just without the college research shit.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#12  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I've already kicked it off by playing through Symphony of the night again. (I couldn't wait) I wrote up a little something about it if you're interested.

Other than that I'll be playing either The Evil within or Alien Isolation. (I'd like to play both, but my budget won't allow it) The reviews will dictate which one I get, but I'm defintely gravitating more toward Alien. I just downloaded Costume Quest and that's on the short list of stuff to play. Now's the time play it, especially given it's getting a sequel. The only other thing I can think of playing A machine for pigs. I sort of skipped it over since people didn't seem as hot on it as they were about The dark descent.

So, those are the games, but most of my time will be spent watching movies for shocktober!

Oh! And I can't wait for some Spookin with Scoops.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By StarvingGamer

Dunno, if I haven't beaten Bayonetta 2 by then, probably that. Not sure if I'll be picking up Civ BE or not. Maybe some Smash? At least 1 hour of Theatrhythm almost certainly.

T_wester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Horror games and movies do very little for me and Halloween isn't really a thing were I'm, so I'll probably play usual stuff, maybe plus Civilization Beyond Earth.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A bunch of nightmarish PS2 games.

tmthomsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Outlast & DLC

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A bunch of nightmarish PS2 games.

Which ones?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

I don't plan to really do anything for Halloween.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not so much games, but I'm going to watch The Crow with the girlfriend because I love that movie and she's never seen it. Probably drunk.

If we break up before that point I'd probably play Amnesia, it's been sitting in my (very small) steam library for ages.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GunstarRed
Murgatroyd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Finally play through Amnesia (did all the Penumbras back in the day.) Look at TWD Season 2, Costume Quest 2, Condemned 2, maybe some Blood Bowl (though that's obviously more of a fall/football thing than Halloween.) Maybe a FEAR game if I have the time. I thought I was the only one who did this sort of thing for the longest time, glad others are in on it too, season-themed gaming can be great.

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By Animasta

Maybe I'll finally finish Knock Knock

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

@yummylee said:

@theacidskull said:

This, just without the college research shit.

lucky you -_-.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about playing Run Like Hell and writing my yearly October blog about it.

However, I recently started it up to make sure the way I run PS2 games on my PC works (it's not illegal) and make sure the game works.

I really liked that game at the time it came out- even though others hated it. I am having issue with certain aspects of it now and I'm not sure I want to highlight it. It has an amazing cast, though, so I don't know. I'm still debating it.

Other than that I'll probably play The Evil Within. I have a huge backlog of games, though, so that's really the only new game I anticipate purchasing until I get through at least most of my back log. AC4 took forever, but it was an enjoyable experience. I just wish big budget games these days didn't have so much padding. I'm currently on the new Wolfenstien now and that games pretty cool too.

I dont know, I may not write a October blog this year... again. We'll see.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunstarred:

That's an obscure game. Looks interesting!

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt I'll reserve a horror game for Halloween exclusively, but I hope to be playing Alien: Isolation, The Evil Within and Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs throughout October. Maybe if I can get my hands on Fatal Frame I'll finally try that.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#27  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

I don't really know exactly when Halloween is, since very few people pay attention to that over here, but I should probably get around to playing Personal Nightmare and Waxworks. Have had them in my GOG library for years at this point, and Horrorsoft games are always ... interesting?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for duke_bilgewater
Duke_Bilgewater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Duke_Bilgewater

I recommend playing through Outlast without using the flashlight at all. It's pretty spooky up until you get stuck in the courtyard for 2 hours because you fell off a ledge.

I'm planning to play through (as much as you can play "through" them) all of Cactus' games around a little bit before Halloween, though.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

I hadn't thought to play or replay anything thematically tied to the holiday. Maybe something like Dead Space 2, Last of Us, or XCOM: Enemy Within. I've yet to play the second season of Walking Dead so maybe it's the month to get that done.

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By ll_Exile_ll

I was thinking about playing Alan Wake again. I liked the game, but I never went back to play the DLC or American Nightmare, and since I have all that on steam I figure I should probably play them.

Avatar image for clairvoyantvibrations
ClairvoyantVibrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream probably.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either the same as every other day (Dota) or I might get some friends together and attempt to play Outlast.

dichemstys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Costume Quest 2!

Avatar image for captplaceholder
CaptPlaceholder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Replaying Silent Hill 2, 3, and 4 and MAYBE picking up The Evil Within.

Oh also Super Smash Bros.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was thinking about playing Alan Wake again. I liked the game, but I never went back to play the DLC or American Nightmare, and since I have all that on steam I figure I should probably play them.

I would say that the DLC is better than anything in the main game (Children of the Elder God not withstanding). American Nightmare is also fantastic but can get a bit repetitive due to it's core conceit.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Getting a Plat in The Evil Within.

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Shindig

I'm going to finish P.T. and then play as many Resident Evils as I can.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

I just purchased Resident Evil Revelations on the 360 the other day, so I'm playing that for the first time to start things off. I like it so far, especially after the unbelievable train-wreck of RE6. Alien: Isolation is next week, then The Evil Within the week after. Maybe I'll somehow get to playing the Last of Us again on the PS4, but I don't know. In any case, it's shaping up to be a good October for gaming!

Rejizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Smash bros. Nothing could be scarier than a duck and hunting dog teaming up against the humans!

thebunnyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I still have P.T. and Outlast to get through, as well as Amnesia and Penumbra. I also want to finish up Dead Space 1,2,3 and clean the pallet with some Costume Quest. Also maybe season 2 of the Walking Dead since i haven't touched any of it.

peritus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By peritus

Whatever is on PS+, because im not going to buy anything new in october, and i dont have anything in mind otherwise. ( Also, i dont like horror, cant deal with it. )

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Wemibelle

For once, I'm going all out. Horror games have been a fairly small part of my gaming life to this point, but I've been just itching to play a bunch of them for quite some time--but I decided to wait it out and do it in the proper month. I already started last night with the PS version of Clock Tower. I've accumulated pretty damn near every horror game I've ever wanted to play and plan on getting through most, if not all, of them in the month of October. This includes things like Silent Hill 4 (the only SH game I haven't finished), Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, and the new Neverending Nightmares. On the day itself, I am saving Slender: The Arrival, which I haven't touched yet. It's a long list, but I'm fairly confident that I can finish the entire thing.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already started last night with the PS version of Clock Tower. I've accumulated pretty damn near every horror game I've ever wanted to play and plan on getting through most, if not all, of them in the month of October. This includes things like Silent Hill 4 (the only SH game I haven't finished), Rule of Rose, Haunting Ground, and the new Neverending Nightmares. On the day itself, I am saving Slender: The Arrival, which I haven't touched yet. It's a long list, but I'm fairly confident that I can finish the entire thing.

Nice collection of games. I didn't know Neverending Nightmares. Seems an interesting game.

peterdotorg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There probably won't be much gaming, but I do hope to play through Costume Quest and maybe the first Resident Evil (which I still have yet to beat).

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I don't know when Halloween is, but I bet I'll be playing Destiny.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eating birthday cake while playing whatever I'm in the mood for. I'll probably be acquiring the Sunset Overdrive bundle so if by some miracle my garbage internet downloads it in time I'll probably be playing that.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 45

I didn't know Halloween horror gaming was a thing. Makes sense now I think about it.

I'll just do what I always do, play some DOTA 2 and play what I want to play.

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I been doing this for a couple of years but every October I play all Castlevania games start to finish, now there are some rules I made cause im not that insane, given that some game like SoTN and Circle of The Moon can take many many hours I play either an easier mode like luck mode, fighter mode, or do New game+ depending on my love for the game I´ll also trow in the extra character like Richter or Julius modes.

glots

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halloween's not really a thing over here either, but I'll still end up playing The Evil Within. If I would pick a game, though, it would most likely be Dead Space 2.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aronleon said:

I been doing this for a couple of years but every October I play all Castlevania games start to finish, now there are some rules I made cause im not that insane, given that some game like SoTN and Circle of The Moon can take many many hours I play either an easier mode like luck mode, fighter mode, or do New game+ depending on my love for the game I´ll also trow in the extra character like Richter or Julius modes.

Is this even possible in one month? The wiki has 38 games related to Castlevania!!

I just started Dragon's Dogma. It's looking like it might have enough content to keep me occupied for a month.