What Backlog games are you working on?

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

So I just been wondering if other people are working on their backlog other than me. I did my Extra Life stream yesterday and focused on backlog and finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, and started with some Ninja Gaiden Sigma and others. But now I'm working on the Resistance series because I feel it is something that had to be played at some point.

What have you been going back to finish?

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's so vast I barely even know where to begin, I also have difficulty making decisions in the first place which doesn't help but hey ho.

I've got something like 1800 games in my backlog, but played Gunpoint through today, fantastic little game and well worth anyone's time. I've also been tackling an hour or so at a time of Wasteland 2 and Grandia. I'm planning on attempting to get through some of 2013/early 2014's best games because the past 18 months or so I've either been playing retro games or just not really playing games at all. So I've got all sorts to look at, like Dark Souls 2, Metro Last Light, Dead Rising 3, Antechamber, Walking Dead Season 2, Republique, I've gotta finish Stick of Truth, Divinity Original Sin, Year Walk, Stein's Gate, Device 6, Fez, Octodad: Dadliest Catch, Mario Kart 8, The Samaritan Paradox, The Blackwell Epiphany, Valiant Hearts, I've gotta finish Legend of Grimrock.

Ugh. Just so many games. Hard to believe with such a huge breadth of games available to us that it's literally impossible to play them all that there are people out there who think games don't have room to be diverse -_-

Cimpy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Cimpy

My wife and I started game collecting earlier this year and we're using a big chunk of our extra life time to play some of them (see the first picture in this album). We played a bit last night on the cast, but are saving the best stuff for tomorrow. We're going to try and get as far as we can in zombies ate my neighbors and bubble bobble for sure.

One game I still also need to finish is Zelda A link between worlds. Iwas having such a good time with it and stopped at the LAST dungeon. I didnt want it to end!

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_a_drain: My that's a large backlog. I have like 30 or so and thought I had a lot. I do recommend trying to go through Dark Souls 2 at some point, as I think it is a game that most people need to actually try and beat.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

Skip Resistance 2, it's a turd. 3 is pretty damn good though

Right now I'm playing Radiant Historia, which I just bought.

bigmess

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Souls 2 but that's going to be put on hold once Bayonetta 2 shows up in the mail.

Avatar image for thelastgunslinger
thelastgunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

I'm in the middle of Shadow of Mordor, Forza Horizon 2, Alien: Isolation, and D4. I also have an unstarted copy of Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel and Bayonetta 2 arrives today. With some dedication I could probably wipe out Mordor, Forza and D4 this weekend.

kewlsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Recently finished Saints Row 3, Mortal Kombat 9 and I'm finishing up Batman Arkham Asylum. I'm sated with those series for the next couple of years.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kaos_cracker: In fairness, if I actually separated games I want to play versus games I own because 'collection!' it's probably closer to 3 or 4 hundred games. Many of those games I'm probably never going to play in reality.

But yeah, I still have an insane backlog. I just kinda want to experience everything y'know? There's just not enough time haha.

I keep meaning to go back to Dark Souls 2 but, I played the first 45 minutes and something instantly felt off about it, right away it felt more hand-holdy, there were expositional cut-scenes, etc. I noped right back to Demon's Souls and stayed there for a while. But I do need to give it it's fair chance sometime soon.

liquiddragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 19

Recently finished FF8. I have to say, I didn't hate it but pretty disappointed. This game falls short in many fronts.
(and before anyone says, what do you expect, it's a 15 year old game, I played FF7 in 2010 for the first time and thought it was great except the rushed 3rd act)
Now playing Persona 3 Fes. I got 15 hours in twice and was never able to get into it but this time I'm completely hooked.
Like I just bought P3P cause "I need this shit everywhere I go" hooked. I haven't been this addicted to a game is a long time.
Guess 3rd time really is the charm...

LindsayPez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

My back log is huge! I'm working on Mario & Luigi Dream Team for 3DS and Final Fantasy X HD, mainly. There are a ton of other games I need to get to and won't let myself start until I finish these two. I'm experiencing a little bit of panic since a wave of new games is coming in November that I want. I just don't have enough time! :[

jimipeppr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Far Cry 3 (if that counts) and F.E.A.R.

I stayed away from F.E.A.R. for a while because I thought it was a spooky game, but turns outs it's an awesome physics tech demo first-person shooter. Maybe the spooks come later, though.

Probably gonna play Bioshock next.

ultron100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm working on getting through Dark Souls 2. I've taken care of all the primal bonfires at this point, so I'm probably going to do the three DLC before i finish the main story.

Other games I'm playing right now are Destiny on PS4, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil Edition (saves carried over from vanilla on 360!), Uncharted 2, Castlevania LOS 2, Crypt of the Necrodancer, Borderlands: the Pre-Sequel, and South Park: The Stick of Truth.

As for my back log I haven't touched:

-360-

Assassin's Creed: Revelations, Assassin's Creed 3, Spec Ops: The Line, Syndicate, Max Payne 3, Resident Evil 6, Alice: Madness Returns, Final Fantasy 13-3, Lego LOTR, Lollipop Chainsaw, The Witcher 2, Tomb Raider, El Shaddai, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, Gears of War Judgement, Black Ops 2, XCOM: Enemy Within, and Nier.

-PS3-

Uncharted 3, Yakuza 3-4 and Dead Souls, Resonance of Fate, White Knight Chronicles 2, Tales of Graces f, Tales of Xillia 1 and 2, Tales of Symphonia HD, Time and Eternity, Disgaea D2, Resistance 1-3, Sly 4, The Guided Fate Paradox, Super Robot Wars Original Generation 2, Super Robot Wars Z 3.1, The Last of Us, Drakengard 3, Rune Factory, and Heavenly Sword.

I... think that's all of them.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Not playing any backlog games at the moment :( Mainly newer stuff at the moment, and Binding of Isaac: Rebirth is out soon.

capshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have a really large backlog that just keeps on getting bigger (and the amount of things I want to get make that number even more massive) and the fact that random sales come up every now and again can really mess up my plans. I wasn't necessarily planning to play all three Mass Effect games and their DLC over the summer but, well, a really nice PSN Flash Sale happened and my spare time went towards those games.

Outside of Middle:Earth Shadow of Mordor I haven't played too much recently. I've been trying to play through Deadly Premonition when I have some spare time but things have just been busy these past few weeks and I haven't had much of a chance to chip away at it or other stuff.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I personally have quite a large list of games i intended to play, but I don't own those games yet. No untill I finish a game or I'm done with it do I buy another.

MrHadouken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beyond Good and Evil HD

Silent Hill Downpour

Silent Hill 2

Prince of Persia (2008)

Infamous 2

Dark Souls (2 was a walk in the park)

Dragons Dogma: Dark Arisen

Castlevania: Symphony of the night

And so much more.

mbradley1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hit a point where I set a cut off point for my backlog. I decided that only like 35% of my backlog is going to try and get played. The rest is now just considered "archive". Like, at what point am I realistically going to go play a game from 2006? My backlog is secondary to current stuff, so I only have so much time.

To answer, I'm about to finish Zelda: OOT3D and want to finish Hyrule Warriors (just a coincidence that they are both Zelda titles) before Sunset Overdrive hits.

viking_funeral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Are you for real? 2 is wayyyyyy better.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@believer258 said:

I gotta back the idea that R3 is better. R2 just felt so scaled back compared to R1, despite better graphics and battles on bigger scales. R1 and 3 feel like well done modern takes on classic shooters. No regen health, hold as many weapons as you want, tons of different enemies, ect.

Anyway, I'm working Fear 2 and Starcraft 2. Really disappointed in Fear 2.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By Justin258

@bigboss1911 said:
@asilentprotagonist said:

@believer258 said:

I gotta back the idea that R3 is better. R2 just felt so scaled back compared to R1, despite better graphics and battles on bigger scales. R1 and 3 feel like well done modern takes on classic shooters. No regen health, hold as many weapons as you want, tons of different enemies, ect.

Resistance 2 feels scaled back because its mechanics are scaled back and far less interesting, as you said.

My problems with Resistance 2 aren't found in the mechanics, though, they're found in the design. Invisible enemies whose location you don't know until right before they insta-kill you. Super linear levels where your path isn't always very clear. Guns that rarely feel like they have enough ammo. Encounters where I just didn't know how or why I had died. Before Daikatana, I felt like Resistance 2 was the worst first person shooter I had ever played. There are probably worse shooters out there, but I haven't played them, and I've played a lot of shooters. The only thing that 2 really does right is scale, but even then the few massive things you come across in 3 feel scarier because you're not knocking them down like dominoes.

Resistance 3 isn't a perfect game but I feel like it does pacing, atmosphere, and desperation very well, plus its mechanics and design are both pretty well-done. I can understand someone playing it and thinking "eh, I've seen this apocalypse before" because, well, you have, but I think it's definitely a well-made apocalyptic shooter.

EDIT: On the topic of FEAR 2, I've finished it several times and I remember liking it every time, but a few weeks later I always find myself thinking "...so what happened in that game again? Apart from ghost rape, of course."

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#23  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm trying to finish Fire Emblem awakening at the moment. Once I'm finished with that I'd like to either play Ghost trick or Luigi's Mansion dark moon. And while they're not really part of a backlog, I'm also playing The Evil within and Mordor.

EuanDewar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By EuanDewar

I just finished Symphony of the Night, was cool. Surprised by how short and easy it was though, even with a (relatively) high percentage of completion.

I wasn't totally crazy about it like a lot of people are but regardless it gave me a hankering to play some more Metroidvania games. Shame a lot of the classics in the genre are on older consoles I don't have access to.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@believer258: This makes me kinda curious to play this series now.

bhizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got something like 1800 games in my backlog, but...

Sweet Merlin's Beard...

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

I finished in a row Resident Evil 0, Resident Evil Remake and Silent Hill 2 HD, so I'm in a slump now. Was thinking of trying Resident Evil 4 in the Wii, but the console isn't working well.

InfiniteSpark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 33

I recently finished Etrian Odyssey Untold and now debating the next JRPG to tackle. Debating between the following: Rune Factory 4, Soul Hackers, Sorcery Saga, Tactics Orge: LUCT.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh man, I have so many games in my back log I can't list them. It's around 50 games which is why I haven't bought any games for a long time now. This year has been so crazy for me, though, I haven't had much time to get through them.

zeroyaoi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always laugh when people talk about having to put new games on hold to work through their backlog first. I have 750 games on Steam alone, which obviously doesn't include non-Steam PC games and console games, and I've probably only played 25% of what I own. Even if I didn't buy any more games until I finished the ones I have, it would take years for me to get through everything. And, hell, I've got a PS4 on its way to my doorstep next week, so add another platform to the pile.

That being said, I just started working my way through Dark Souls II. After that, I'll probably try to finish up Shadow of Mordor, since I dropped that about a third of the way in a couple weeks ago to wait for my new graphics card.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

I'm at the end of Dust: An Elysian Tail on PS4 (it will be the second time I've finished the game this year, first time was on PC)

Disney Infinity 2.0 is something I go back to once in a while to make a little more progress in the two playsets I have for it (Avengers and Guardians of the Galaxy)

Working on leveling up my Hunter to level 20 in Destiny, I should be able to do that today if I focus on it. Already have a level 21 Titan (get one more piece of armor with any light and I'll hit 22) and a level 29 Warlock.

Persona 4 Arena Ultimax I finished the P4 side of the story, now I just need to sit down and play through the P3 side and get the true ending, as well as finish the special episode you get with one of the DLC characters.

Those are what I'm mainly focusing on right now. Just got Devin Townsend's newest album, Ziltoid 2, in the mail so I'll likely be playing some Audiosurf this weekend as well, but that's not really a game you can really "finish"

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I'm not working on my game backlog. I'm going through my Netflix backlog. But I did beat Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate on Vita (it's a bad game) and The Last Tinker: City of Colors on PS4 (wish the framerate was better) this past week. Other then that, I don't feel compelled to play anything because I just want a good AAA PS4 game to sink my teeth into (AC Unity and Far Cry 4!). There's a couple games I need to play on PS3 (Darksiders 2, Ni no Kuni, Kingdoms of Amalur, South Park: Stick of Truth) but they're all games that require ridiculous amounts of time which I sort of have now that I'm unemployed but don't want to do. I mean I could play through some Vita games or indie games on my PS4 like Hohokum or Rogue Legacy or even try to get the inFamous First Light platinum but I just don't feel the urge. I Just want to shoot or stab tons of people man. Mainly shoot. It need to be November 11 already!!

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None really. I have been playing Dust on PS4 and started Peggle 2 today. Playing Diablo 3 when my cousin comes over(bought Chariot for the same reason, but haven't started it yet).

I have plenty of a backlog, though. Outlast, Rogue Legacy, Hohokum, Assassin's Creed(vita), Strider, Stick it to the Man, etc. No idea when I'll get to any of them. Trying to rent Lords of the Fallen and Freedom Wars from Gamefly next week, then I'll have AC: Unity on the 11th and my pre-order for Dragon Age on the 18th.

I have been playing a copy of Disney Infinity on PS3 some. Cousin bought it used recently, so I guess you could count that.

@awesomeusername: That South Park game isn't all that long really. Definitely not as long as Amalur or Ni no Kuni, at least. Probably around 15-20 hours for South Park if you do everything. And around 10(maybe less) if you just rush the story. Whereas, Ni no Kuni took me about 100 hours to do everything.

PixelPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am currently playing: Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, F.E.A.R, Assassins Creed, Biosock 2, Fallout 3 GOTY, Bully, and The Witcher. I'm finding it hard to get through Bioshock 2, Fallout 3, and assassins creed so I'v been working on those for a while, I never really feel like playing them.

After I finish those I think I will play Dark Souls or Metro 2033.

Avatar image for colonel_pockets
Colonel_Pockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 46

I'm playing titanfall and hearthstone. After finishing Shadow of Mordor, I'm just waiting for AC Unity or Advanced Warfare to come out.