• 168 results
#101 Edited by Lelcar (772 posts) -

The next game in the Zero Escape series (999/VLR). But there's still hope of it coming out!

#102 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12106 posts) -

@clovy: Based on hearsay and whatnot, that PSP Resident Evil project is what eventually became RE: Revelations.

Honestly, not a lot jumps out for me.Maybe Star Wars 1313? The New World Computing version of Heroes of Might and Magic V? Sure, let's throw in the proper Knights of the Old Republic 3, even if that probably didn't get past pre-production stages and was never officially greenlit in the first pace.

#103 Posted by BeachThunder (12407 posts) -

@lelcar said:

The next game in the Zero Escape series (999/VLR). But there's still hope of it coming out!

It's just put on hold, apparently. I reaaaaaaaally hope that it comes out.

#104 Edited by Ezekiel (545 posts) -

I stopped caring about 1313 when I learned that they changed the main character to Boba Fett. He doesn't deserve to be glorified. He's a disposable henchman.

#105 Edited by YOUNGLINK (552 posts) -

Half-Life on the Dreamcast. :(

#106 Posted by bobafettjm (1474 posts) -

Boy did I want to play Star Wars 1313.

#107 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2543 posts) -

Star Wars 1313

Prey 2

Half life 3.....

#108 Posted by myketuna (1756 posts) -
#109 Posted by EchoEcho (837 posts) -

Dawn of War 3.

#110 Posted by Khessed (117 posts) -

Final Fantasy: Fortress by GRIN (seems like they wanted to do something that broke the FF mold a bit)

Resident Evil for Game Boy Color (I really wanted this when it was announced, I thought it was super impressive. Now that I watch the YT vid I'm over that but at least I can play the leaked rom.)

Zoinks! (So this was an Point&Click adventure game where you play Shaggy and Scooby, and you had to solve a huge mystery that stretched throughout the entire Hanna Barbera universe. I remember seeing the Flintstones and the Jetsons and possibly Dastardly and Muttley. This was supposed to be a PC and/or CD-i game and I can't find ANYTHING on it anymore. Ugh.)

Resident Evil 1.5 (again, at least I can get the fan-translated-and-finished version now. This was Resident Evil 2 before it got scrapped and remade.)

Resident Evil 3.5 (You know, Resident Evil 4, in a form it should've stayed in. But I'll save that for the unpopular opinions thread.)

#111 Posted by IroN1c (557 posts) -

Frame City Killer.

Nah, in all seriousness: Probably PSO2 for US/EU.

#112 Posted by Ksaw (353 posts) -

Although most signs pointed toward it being bad, I enjoyed some of the dumb things I heard about This Is Vegas, and kind of hoped it would make it to release. It would have at least made for a good Quick Look.

Also, Prey 2.

#113 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -

Star Trek -- Secret of Vulcan Fury

Way too ambitious, sadly.

#114 Edited by l4wd0g (2017 posts) -

Too Human 2

#115 Posted by Bollard (5838 posts) -

Star Wars Battlefront 3, although that might be revived if DICE do right by the franchise.

Time Splitters 4.

#116 Edited by goonage (63 posts) -

Star Wars 1313

I mean, look at this concept art. LOOK AT IT!!

#117 Posted by Corvak (1172 posts) -

Freelancer 2.

#118 Posted by headshot2391 (53 posts) -
#119 Posted by Rotnac (817 posts) -
#120 Posted by Lyisa (390 posts) -

I can't actually think of any games that got canceled that I wanted to play. I don't typically think a game is worth playing until it actually comes out.

Or maybe I've just been incredibly lucky and games that I do want to play actually get released.

#121 Edited by CByrne (288 posts) -

Motor World Online.

#122 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1832 posts) -

TimeSplitters 4 immediately comes to mind. Fuck...I would kill for that game. The world needs it. Instead Crytek said "No, why don't you just make shit no one cares about until we can no longer sustain you and have shut you down. Sound good?"

Mega Man Legends 3, Prey 2, Metal Arms 2, Resident Evil 1.5, and I'm sure many others, I would've loved to see as well.

#123 Posted by HammondofTexas (912 posts) -

+1 to Starcraft Ghost

#124 Posted by INCSlayer (41 posts) -

Megaman Legends 3

#125 Edited by icybankz (52 posts) -
#126 Posted by Rafaelfc (1455 posts) -

Dead Space 3

#127 Posted by Oldirtybearon (4881 posts) -

Star Wars 1313 - The Boba Fett: Bounty Hunter - The Video Game game. It looked rad from the beginning, but after hearing that we'd be a Bounty Hunter (or, THE Bounty Hunter) in the Star Wars universe I got unnaturally excited. And then after reading that the next sentence said the game was canceled. Wonderful.

Six Days in Fallujah - I have no idea if would have been any good, or if it would glorify war/the war on terror or whatever, but I think this game had a right to exist. I wanted to play it because at the time of its announcement, I was neck deep into politics and the kind of stuff that Six Days looked to talk about. I was crushed when Konami bowed to public pressure.

Necessary Force - it looked like an open world RPG about a cop and a city. The idea was that you were a modern day detective solving crimes. Think of Mass Effect grafted onto gritty cop fiction.The city would grow and change based on what kind of cop you were, and whether you successfully solved crimes. You could be a renegade thug with a badge, a true officer of the peace, or something in between. It looked awesome, but sadly no investors/publishers were willing to fund it.

#128 Posted by gamefreak9 (2417 posts) -

Starcraft ghost and BC. Ghost I was looking forward to for the story goodies of SC universe, and BC had some great ideas which were amazing on paper, that new dinosaur game looks like its inspired by BC(forgot what its called, its on Alpha on steam i think)

#129 Edited by EthanielRain (926 posts) -

Ruin/Warrior's Lair (that Diablo clone from Vita's launch)

#130 Edited by KaneRobot (1824 posts) -

@younglink said:

Half-Life on the Dreamcast. :(

This is up near the top of my list as well - not because I thought it was going to replicate the PC experience or anything. When I found it for download later on it wasn't terribly impressive, mostly due to frequent loading and control. Moreso than the quality of the game itself, the fact that it was cancelled when the game was completely finished and ready to go to press and ship was what killed me. It was a sign the DC was quickly on the way out. Same goes for Propeller Arena (which actually looked awesome but was canned due to 9/11 - FUCK YOU TERRORISTS). I guess you can download that one as well but I never got around to it. I'm sure whatever it was would be have trumped later by Crimson Skies on XBox anyway.

#131 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5401 posts) -
#132 Posted by Zirilius (729 posts) -

StarCraft Ghost, Final Fantasy for the N64, and Bahamut Lagoon for the SNES.

I remember seeing Bahamut Lagoon in nintendo power and think god I want that game.

#133 Posted by Khessed (117 posts) -

@zirilius said:

StarCraft Ghost, Final Fantasy for the N64, and Bahamut Lagoon for the SNES.

I remember seeing Bahamut Lagoon in nintendo power and think god I want that game.

Bahamut Lagoon's not cancelled though, just never localized (though I get your drift.) There's an excellent fan translation out there on the web.

#134 Posted by Tajasaurus (977 posts) -

Is Whore of the Orient actually cancelled? I really, really like LA Noire so I was excited to see what those guys would do next

#135 Posted by Random45 (1279 posts) -

@csl316 said:

@bisonhero said:

I don't care how middling the quality level was on the project, I would've played Starcraft Ghost or Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans, just to see those universes from a very different perspective. Though now WoW has turned Warcraft lore into Family-Guy-levels of dumb pop culture references, and Starcraft is dumb now because the idiots at Blizzard think I give a shit about the personal story of Raynor and Kerrigan as opposed to the giant fucking space conflict that is going on (granted, I liked how Kerrigan and Raynor played off of each other in the first game, but it was just flirting then Kerrigan dies and Raynor feels bad about it; they've retconned it to the point that they were like the love of each others' lives).

That's right. What Starcraft 2 did to the lore is unforgivable. The end of Brood War is basically where I stopped acknowledging what else happened. It was an incredible way to end the old campaigns.

I remember on some panel, Chris Metzen said something like "despite this galactic conflict, the story comes down to this guy and this girl." No it fucking doesn't, Chris Metzen. SC1 and BW constantly had world-changing events going on. Raynor wasn't a sad sap like this, Kerrigan spent a few missions with him and Mengsk did a jerk thing. Jimmy moved on and became a great ally of the Protoss. But no, unearned, melodramatic love story is where it's at now. The fact that the Zerg campaign continued this crap is where I lost faith in Blizzard. I'm playing as THE QUEEN OF BLADES, god dammit. Good mission design, but I couldn't finish HotS because of the garbage story.

The shitty part is that the 3rd game is somehow going to end up being some kind of quasi-alliance to fight the dumb shadowy ancient Xel'Naga villain or whatever, and Zeratul is just going to be some third wheel as Raynor and Kerrigan have some big tearful goodbye moment, and then one or both of them have to somehow sacrifice themselves to carry out some plan to annihilate the villain.

Hey, remember Tassadar? Remember how he was a pretty cool guy who didn't have fucking anything to do with Raynor and Kerrigan's romance? Remember how Starcraft used to have characters that weren't just in service of Raynor or Kerrigan, because the whole story wasn't revolving around a single character? Like, every "good guy" character in WoL and HotS is just some bullshit secondary character that is immediately forgotten in the next game other than Raynor, Kerrigan, Zeratul, and maybe Horner, who is an exceptionally dull character. There hasn't been a significant Protoss character other than Zeratul. I'd like to believe they'll go all out on the Protoss shit in the last game, but I'm sure they'll shoehorn in a bunch of Raynor bullshit somehow.

I just liked Raynor way more as the scrappy new guy who has a little experience, but is in way over his head. This old grizzled sad sack in SC2 who took like a million steroids just isn't even the same character. Kerrigan isn't as drastically different, though her overall sass levels are running at about 30% of what they were in Brood War.

Man, I don't want to derail this thread, but I agree with this wholeheartedly. The story in Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm was so horrendously bad that it's the first time I can ever recall quitting a game JUST because the story is so fucking horrible. I didn't think it was possible for the story to get any worse after Wings of Liberty, but the expansion proved me so horribly, horribly wrong. The "love" story between Kerrigan and Raynor is so idiotic, and the characters behave so much like freaking children... ARGH. I could rant about this for so much longer, but I'll stop. Also, it's pretty clear that the only story Chris Metzen is capable of writing involves all the warring races to unite against a bigger bad. He did it in Warcraft 3, several times in WoW, and now in SC2 as well. It also happened in the first Starcraft but the bad guys win in that one, so it doesn't count. Hell, the first Starcraft wasn't amazing, it could get really cheesy at times, but at least it was written significantly better in every way possible.

#136 Posted by LentFilms (223 posts) -

I was really excited to play Kirby Adventure on the GameCube when I was a kid. My brothers and I used to check the release calendar in Nintendo Power every month to see if it was any closer to coming out and were sorely disappointed when it was removed from the list. Although I guess it wasn't completely canceled since it did eventually come out on the Wii as Kirby's Return to Dream Land but it was very different from the trailer of the GameCube version.

#137 Edited by geirr (2709 posts) -

Fez 2 and Hitokui no Ōwashi Trico.

I consider that last one cancelled until it pops up during a new press conference. It's how I survive.

#138 Posted by SarcasticMudcrab (210 posts) -

I try not to get hype for games as it's generally a bad experience, but definitly Shenmue 3 and Prey 2.

#139 Posted by erbarad (28 posts) -

RDR on PC :'(

#140 Edited by BBAlpert (1583 posts) -

@ravelle said:

Rune Factory 4.

I thought I just saw Rune Factory 4 on the 3DS eShop 2 days ago.

Or was it bad and that's the joke?

#141 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3982 posts) -

The one I've probably been the most excited for was BC.

It still sounds so good. Someone make it!

#142 Edited by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

TIMESPLITTERS 4

I need it.

#143 Posted by Stefanten (58 posts) -

This blew me away back in 2007

#144 Edited by Corevi (4821 posts) -
@artisanbreads said:

The one I've probably been the most excited for was BC.

It still sounds so good. Someone make it!

WiLD looks to be pretty much that.

#145 Posted by Ravelle (1404 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

@ravelle said:

Rune Factory 4.

Yeah, the joke is that I happen to live in Europe where some 3DS games never see the light of dayt here. And in Runefactory's case, the publisher went broke before they could get the game to the Europe.

#146 Posted by forteexe21 (490 posts) -

Im still waiting for Mega Man Legends 3. (LET A MAN DREAM T_T)

#147 Posted by MonkeyKing1969 (3024 posts) -

I have a soft spot for shlock games, games in bad taste and other questionable games. Thus I was really looking forward to This is Vegas coming out. I though it would be bad, but I was hoping it would be more funny bad than offensive bad.

#148 Posted by BBAlpert (1583 posts) -

@ravelle said:

@bbalpert said:

@ravelle said:

Rune Factory 4.

Yeah, the joke is that I happen to live in Europe where some 3DS games never see the light of dayt here. And in Runefactory's case, the publisher went broke before they could get the game to the Europe.

Oh, sorry about that.

#149 Posted by Ravelle (1404 posts) -

@bbalpert said:

@ravelle said:

@bbalpert said:

@ravelle said:

Rune Factory 4.

Oh, sorry about that.

Yeah, it sucks pretty bad. If I had known about this aggressive region locking and localisation issues I would have imported an US 3DS.

#150 Posted by superpow (227 posts) -

I was really looking forward to East Vs. West.