What capture card should i buy

METALM1LITIA91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By METALM1LITIA91

hey i am wanting to buy a capture card so I can film my gaming on the 360 and put it  on youtube for various things. What should I look for and what recommendations do you have?

roushimsx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By roushimsx

Since you're just going to YouTube, capturing in HD probably isn't terribly important to you. I'd recommend the Leadtek Winfast TV2000XP Deluxe if you can find it, though I believe the Expert is a bit better and easier to get. I have not used the RM, but if you decide to go for it, I'd love to hear your impressions.

Get the card, install it, grab the latest DScaler, and you're in business. Tweaking DScaler can be a bit time consuming, but the bundled Winfast PVR software bundle isn't too bad. It's pretty straightforward to use and supports recording directly to MPEG2, which does wonders for saving your hard drive space as you record long ass games.

You can take the resulting videos and compress them with Windows Movie Maker before you upload them. Remember that YouTube has a 10min/100meg file size limit on any videos you upload, so if you have like a 4 or 5 minute video, tweak the output settings of the encoder to spit out a file that rides the highend, just under the 100mb cap. It'll look a lot better when it goes through the transcoding process.