• 70 results
Posted by D_Bones (362 posts) 1 year, 1 month ago

What current Sony franchise would be acceptable not making it to the PS4? (216 votes)

Sly Cooper 0%
Ratchet & Clank 1%
Jak & Daxter 2%
Killzone 9%
Resistance 12%
Uncharted 4%
inFamous 1%
Twisted Metal 11%
God of War 15%
LittleBigPlanet 5%
The Hawk Series (Warhawk & Starhawk) 11%
Grand Turismo 5%
SOCOM 17%
MotorStorm 7%

Alright so I'm sure someone will try to roast me for not including certain franchises but I was keeping it exclusive and somewhat recent franchises from this generation (with the sole exception being J&D but it would just feel wrong leaving them out with Sly and Ratchet being featured, plus they had an HD collection on current gen so whatever attack me if you dare!!).

But my real thought process in making this poll is mostly the negativity surrounding PSAS and the announcement of PS4. Where a lot of people were saying they didn't care about the characters in All-Stars or the sequels during the PS4 announcement. I love a lot of the sony exclusive franchises but yes I was also hoping to see more new IP at their PS4 announcement but what are you going to do? Also I realize some franchises on this list have already been announced but I'm asking for a suspension of reality for a minute and asking you guys which series would you be ok with never seeing hit PS4 and most of all why?

This does not have to be an I hate that series so don't come to PS4!! It could also be a series you think is done and fine the way it is without continuing it (this is how I hear some people refer to Uncharted even though Naughty Dog's second studio is prob working on the fourth one as I type lol).

So bombers what do you think?? In my own opinion i'm going to put LittleBigPlanet because I never got into it and enjoyed other platformers way more. I think a lot of the creativity in the game could be better used elsewhere.

#1 Posted by TangoUp (309 posts) -

fuck Gran Turismo

#2 Edited by Coafi (1433 posts) -

I think we've had enough of God of War.

#3 Posted by TheHT (10269 posts) -

Little Big Planet or Gran Turismo.

#4 Edited by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

This should have been a multiple answers poll.

And my answer is all of them. There is none of them that have to make it to the PS4 at all cost.

Anyway, i voted SOCOM because modern military /yawn.

#5 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

SOCOM was probably my worst gaming experience this generation; first time playing, I load into a multiplayer game, within 15 seconds, dead and someone is spamming grenades non stop into the spawn point, never played that game again, how do you make a game and let shit like that be possible.

#6 Posted by Kerned (1168 posts) -

@pr1mus said:

my answer is all of them. There is none of them that have to make it to the PS4 at all cost.

You said it.

#7 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

Isn't SOCOM as a franchise basically dead? The studio closed, I'm not sure if Sony kept the ip or what actually happened there.

#8 Posted by Nodima (942 posts) -

The only two I'd say absolutely HAVE to be on the next one are Gran Turismo (because that's instant money and that audience doesn't have another game/series like it) and SOCOM II HD, because SOCOM II HD would instantly be the best multiplayer game to ever exist. As long as they did NOTHING to try and fit in with current games (no respawn, no vehicles, no persistent upgrades...just tactical, 8 vs. 8 gameplay with dead lobbies and live lobbies), SOCOM II along with the 2K series would almost nullify my need for any other games to be released.

#9 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

God of War I suppose.

#10 Edited by mosespippy (3735 posts) -

I also think it should have been a multiple options poll, since I'd like to vote for almost all of them.

#11 Posted by Jrinswand (1692 posts) -

The only one out of that list that I'd be interested in seeing again is Jak and Daxter.

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

The Hawk series. I haven't heard of a good game in that series since Tony Hawk's Pro Skater.

#13 Edited by coakroach (2478 posts) -

All of them.

Bring back Ape Escape damn it.

#14 Edited by BisonHero (5661 posts) -

@kerned said:

@pr1mus said:

my answer is all of them. There is none of them that have to make it to the PS4 at all cost.

You said it.

Yeah, I was going to say that...most of these franchises have either already lost their fanbase, already lost any critical praise they once had, or both.

I have faith that InFamous could continue to improve, after the marked improvement between 1 and 2. Not sure if they can keep making the same old Uncharted game, but I think most people still have positive feelings about that series. Gran Turismo still sells an absurd amount, even if GT5 took way longer to make than was really necessary. And Killzone and God of War keep on selling on sheer spectacle, I guess.

But everything I didn't just mention is probably SUPER dead. OK, they'll probably make LittleBigPlanet 3, though I don't really know how they could make it meaningfully more advanced than LBP 2, but I guess that doesn't matter because it will sell decently.

#15 Edited by Icemael (6269 posts) -

All of them, really. The only Sony IP I truly care about is WipEout, and Sony shut Psygnosis (or Sony Liverpool or whatever it was renamed) down so that's not happening. At this point they could cease all first-party game development and I'd barely care, Puppeteer is the only upcoming thing they've got that I'm even remotely interested in.

#16 Posted by Azteck (7447 posts) -

A lot of them, honestly. Those that's not a Sony thing, but kind of a generational thing. There have been too many shooters like Killzone and just too many God of War games.

#17 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@coakroach said:

Bring back Ape Escape damn it.

Hells yeah

#18 Posted by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

God Of WAR

#19 Posted by Clonedzero (3719 posts) -

god of war.

#20 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

I could live without God of War, SOCOM, Hawk series, Resistance, LBP, Motorstorm and Uncharted with no problems. Infamous too but we already know that's coming for the PS4.

#21 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Resistance and SOCOM are dead aren't they? So those.

Also Uncharted, but that's a given. Isn't...it?

#22 Edited by mtcantor (922 posts) -

Resistance. Let it go.

#23 Edited by BigBoss1911 (2353 posts) -

God of War, lets give it a rest guys.

#24 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

All of 'em. Nuke the catalog form orbit and rebuild from the ground up. You can cash in on shitty reboots and sequels at the end of the console lifecycle.

#25 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Bye, MotorStorm. I wouldn't miss you one bit.

#26 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

Isn't Twisted Metal dead already, too? I mean, Jaffe doesn't even make AAA games anymore. Last I heard he was working on free-2-play browser games.

Like others have said, most of these franchises have had their day. I personally would like to see another Uncharted and perhaps another R&C, but I am satisfied with closing the books on them this generation if that's not to be.

The established titles I must see this next generation are all 3rd party games like Fallout 4, Beyond Good & Evil 2, Witcher 3 and Saints Row 4. You could probably add "Deep Down" if it really is the next Dragon's Dogma. Neither Sony nor Microsoft have much left in their group of current franchises.

#27 Edited by AiurFlux (899 posts) -

God of War. All of those other games, even SOCOM, can have their reasons to stay. SOCOM 1, 2, and 3 were all good games and the fact that SOCOM 4 stunk doesn't mean the series should die. But God of War, I've just had it with the series. They've released same game after same game for years now and it's just sickening. They should have made their trilogy and ended it there, but the countless prequels are just boring. They have no idea what to do with the series, no idea where to go with any of the characters, and they haven't innovated any of the gameplay. Square Square Triangle is still the best combo and people can beat the game using that and only that. Resistance should also die in a fire, but that goes without saying.

#28 Edited by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

None of those franchises except Sly Cooper do anything for me, and even Sly I could live without after four games. So I guess all of the above?

#29 Edited by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Motorstorm. I just don't think they're very good...

#30 Edited by Nightriff (4338 posts) -

God of War for me, get a new protagonist and i'll be interested but the story of Kratos has already been told, you can't top a 2D fit with Zeus nor should they try and top it. Take another mythology and do something creative with that God of War

EDIT: That would probably be too hard for them to do

#31 Edited by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

God of War a this point, after this new one comes out I really don't want to see another new God of War game but rather Santa Monica develop a new franchise.

#32 Posted by Legend (2597 posts) -

I'm just sad we won't see a new Wipeout game on the ps4. :(

#33 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -

All of them, but mostly god of war.

#34 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

Just looking at this list made me realize I don't give a FUCK about the majority of Sony's Franchises.

#35 Posted by CptMorganCA (200 posts) -

I wish I could vote for more than one. A lot of these series have ran their course, and in a perfect world wouldn't return on the PS4. But you know, money and all.

#36 Posted by MocBucket62 (1039 posts) -

I really don't care for the Hawk games, so I voted for those.

#37 Posted by iceman228433 (496 posts) -

All of them could never come back and I would be just fine.

#38 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4036 posts) -

The lack of Folklore in that poll leads me to believe we have all finally accepted it's glory and we want a sequel. This pleases me.

#39 Posted by FFFFFFF (75 posts) -

Sonys best franchises are always the new ones that gen. Them dragging out old stuff isn't what they are good at. It's new over old that I care about with Sony, so I'm not really attached to any of it.

#40 Posted by ajamafalous (11591 posts) -

NO MENTION OF CRASH BANDICOOT FUCK YOU

IT'S STILL REAL TO ME DAMNIT

#41 Posted by Svenzon (699 posts) -

Every single one of them, especially God of War and Ratchet & Clank. R&C should've been retired years ago.

#42 Posted by GS_Dan (1396 posts) -

@legend said:

I'm just sad we won't see a new Wipeout game on the ps4. :(

This x1000.

#43 Posted by AmatureIdiot (980 posts) -

All of them except Killzone, which is think still has life left in its multiplayer, especially if they can crank up the player count.

#44 Edited by Jeust (10334 posts) -

Uncharted. It has become truly repetitive as the formula is about the same for the three games on the PS3.

#45 Posted by Marcsman (2873 posts) -

God of War. Enough is enough

#46 Edited by djou (828 posts) -

I voted GoW because that series is so tired and will likely go on, but you missed two obvious ones that I wish would go away.

Ridge Racer and Wipeout. The TNT with RR5 reminded me how tired that series is and how far NFS and Burnout have surpassed it. Wipeout has also been rehashing the same concepts since the PS2. The games are still fun in bits and bobs, but neither of these series have done anything innovative in ten years. Whether is PS4, PSN, mobile, Vita, whatever just put them to rest or do something new.

Also Ratchet and Clank is a runner up. I haven't enjoyed one of these games for a long time and they keep pumping them out every year.

#47 Posted by Demoskinos (13849 posts) -

God of War really needs to go away.

#48 Posted by captain_clayman (3300 posts) -

Resistance is pretty much done. And I love God of War but...I'm ready for it to be over now. Santa Monica should make something new.

#49 Posted by Kidavenger (3380 posts) -

God of War really needs to go away.

You don't want more of this?

I have no problem with the GoW franchise, but this is the most cring worthy thing I've seen in awhile.

#50 Posted by chilibean_3 (1581 posts) -

A lot of those :(