SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SoothsayerGB

No Caption Provided
     I have to pick and choose realms to adventure in, these days. Very carefully.
 There is no rightful place for certain beloved titles, anymore. 
This way or that?
This way or that?
Abused franchises and characters spread to thin.  Have taken over what little, we fan boy cave dwellers once had.  Our rightful enjoyments, spread to thin for the sake of another dollar.

Lord of the Rings.  The famed and honored book series,  turned movie trilogy.  Has been a long time favorite collection of mine like many, for years.  But after playing the many under polished console games and the just wrong MMO-RPG.  Much is left to be desired.  Like a cut it the back of my throat.  Pumping back and forth with every swallow, sore.  The pure lack of essence and depth, that thrive in Tolkien's master works, is completely lost to the money hungry compulsive developers.  Middle Earth has been mutated into the bastard Frankenstein child of  Star Wars pushers. 

No Caption Provided

So now, our only choice is to explore, the far off mountains and plains of Azeroth.  Is this a bad thing?  To not have our own, one true Middle Earth, our very own Bree or hills of Rohan.  At first glance, I would say yes.  But after many years of riding into hidden ravines, swarming with blood thirsty ghouls and after spending hours creeping further into the damp caves of Naxxramas.  I now know, Azeroth is my Middle Earth.  My Angmar, my Eriador and my Mirkwood.  It is the very place I had been seeking.  Polished, thought out, implemented with style.

So now, sword and shield in hand.  We push forward.  This is the truth.  Into Grizzly Hills past the frozen ice trees of Dragonblight.  Across the path of titans. This is all ours.  My trusted fellowship close by my side.  We seek out the next and newest dungeon to loot. All our own.

Buff me, nerf me, doesn't matter.  Hate on me, spit on me.  Means nothing.  We fly together and drop down like thunder.  Burn
Try, try again.
Try, try again.
them down in seconds.  Don't care about anyone else, but ourselves.  Come at us anyway you like.  But you can't beat us.  In-game we are gods, whether we are out gearing you in WoW or hide and seek, spray and praying you elsewhere.  In real life and in-game we own your world, as ours.

"Gun totting cellar door, and thinking warriors.  Watching them brood and stress.  Crazy like a fool.  Proud like a King."

"What are you trying? I see what you did there.  You can't win."  Wins may not determine our might, but in your world.  They are all.  Everything, which we can take. 
For the Horde!
For the Horde!
Learned through years of content patches, hotfixes and glitches. We  have been made into ready and strong wizards. 

"We want to live in fire.  We want to shoot out from hell.  We find what you lose and make dreams come true.  You can deny, but this is the truth."

LOTRs may have been ravaged.  But what did you expect to find?  Down here in the space, you lose what is guaranteed and only find what you strive to complete. 

A long time has past, since I took my first steps inside a MMO-RPG.  But I haven't forgotten what it was, that I was after in the first place.  The adventure and fellowship with good friends.  A dream of something better and the will to go back for more.  Well, after all the griefing and waiting.  I finally found it.  Thoe, It may not be where I first looked or expected to find.  But it's ours just the same.

All our Own.
All our Own.

Note; If you don't like WoW, LOTRs, or what ever I wrote about in this blog post.  Then to bad.  You read it and now it's infected you!  RUN!

Jimbo7676

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Jimbo7676

I play WoW right now but I really liked LotRO. It was a lot of fun to level and I thought they treated the source material with enough respect. I've read the books many times so I'm familiar with the world. Sure they take liberties with the story line in several parts to make it a video game but they have to do that. How much of it did you play? It took a little while for it to click for me but once it did I had a blast. 

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By coakroach

Gotta love the epic struggle of pushing through a dungeon two levels above you, with a resto shaman as your only healer and a warrior who's trying to tank with no durability
Crazy times