What did you think of the Big Live Live Show: Live?

• 149 results
Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By Astras

Okay, I don't like how sarcastic everyone has tried to become and think it's hilarious... because it's kinda lame. Ryan and Jeff are the 2 who everyone are trying to copy at whiskey for some point and they just can't pull off that dry humour, please just leave it to Ryan and Jeff.. cheers because I thought that Kesslar's Davis impressions were uncomfortable but everyone trying to jump on the bandwagon is embarrising.

Comic vine was a disaster, Tested was a trainwreck, Screened was quite funny but only because Ryan took over as Anchor.

The GB stuff was ok, Some real content was when Greg turned up with Bastion, I particuarly liked that because I know how knowledgable and precise greg is with his classic Gamespot reviews when he was an editor and it was great to see him again doing well.
During that piece it was clear to see that the GB team arent just a bunch of clowns like the rest of Whiskey seem to be trying to be and showed us that they are knowledgable and know their stuff.

For people seeing this as there first exposure to GB I just hope that they don't see them as a bunch of clowns because some of their content is great and Vinny, Brad and particually Jeff and Ryan know their stuff about gaming, Gaming markets and gaming productions. I just thought that the show could of showed off more of their real talents with real content, we all know Jeff and Ryan's views on motion plus technology... it's good for a laugh but thats about it.. instead of trying to make them look more like fools dancing etc.

Some real games, maybe a live tang, some real developers, a gaming knockout tornament (SF4), some Q and A, some deep conversations about generes? A new review, Some gameplay, some legacy gaming, Some arcade gaming... etc etc... I just wanted more content and not as much clowning around and constant sarcasm.... shame because if u look at some classic pieces from these guys their humour is far more intelligent than what was in this show.

hondorondo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By hondorondo

compared to ,for example, the giantbomb pax panel it was super boring

Avatar image for saturdaynightspecials
SaturdayNightSpecials

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

It was mostly cool and at times awesome. I really really enjoyed the showing of Denizen, seeing Bastion, and the dude with the bass (I'm convinced to buy his album). Tested was good too, they filled the time well. 

I was expecting more Quick Lookish stuff for the Move, which I guess they didn't have time for. That demo of Heroes on the Move was pretty excruciating, I have to say.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#54  Edited By JJWeatherman

Best live broadcast in the history of live broadcasts.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#55  Edited By turbomonkey138

Needs less comic vine 

Jayzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#56  Edited By Jayzz
@hondorondo said:
" compared to ,for example, the giantbomb pax panel it was super boring "
yeah. goback and watch giantbomb's first and second pax panel, they're hilarious
Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They basically took what would probably amount to two hours of good content and stretched it waaaay out. And then supplemented it with awful Comic Vine shit.

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#58  Edited By Coombs

Music just started up on The BLLSL

ShadowVirus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#59  Edited By ShadowVirus

I liked it, I was not planning to watch the whole thing, but I did. Like everyone else, really enjoyed the Screened and Tested sections, and I wasn't to keen on the Comic Vine segments, but yeah, glad I watched it, I really want to see a highlights video show up on the site soon.

Aaron_G

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By Aaron_G

It gets me excited to see if they will do more live stuff in the future. 

PAT4019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By PAT4019

Is it worth rewatching the whole thing or was most of it filler?

turboman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 11

#62  Edited By turboman

Tested.com was amazing. 

"The Yokes about to be on you"

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I only caught the last two hours... I hope the highlights trickle down to their respective sites because I would love to watch Brad sing Space Oddity...

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheFreeMan

I thought just about all of them were awesome, though the stuff about the new equipment for RB3 and some of the Tested stuff was a little slow for me.

The comic-book battle debate at the end made me laugh so fucking hard.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Osaladin

I think it was too long, I didn't watch it all so take that into consideration, but longer doesn't mean better always. 

knoxt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By knoxt

I give today's show 5/10.

It wasn't BAD, but it wasn't very good. 
The best parts of the whole thing were Greg talking about Bastion, Dance Central, Jeff and Brad demoing the PSMove games, and Ryan getting obviously pissed at how stupid and unfunny the segment at the end with the screened guys went. 

also comic vine....I don't even know what to say about how boring and nerdy that got. Screened seems like 16 year olds reviewing silly ass movies instead of a legitamite review site like Rotten Tomatoes, or say, a giantbomb-of-movies website, which is actually funny when it's being silly. I thought the bits with Norm and Will were entertaining but that's because those guys are fun to watch and are confident about what they are doing and make it entertaining for people not even the slightest interested in 'gadgets'. 

I dunno, it was seven hours long, what do I expect I guess? I already knew I didn't like screened or comic vine or this subscription thing, and today confirmed all that. I would have liked to have seen more Jeff, Brad, Vinny, Dave, Ryan and Drew. They are really the only reason to visit whiskey media for me and I'm sure many other people.

Edit: I'm gonna give it a 7/10 for effort, and these guys seem awesome anyway, even if today wasn't super awesome.

Mechanized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Mechanized

The Tested segment was amazing, fucking amazing. I will definitely be checking out Tested now.

MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By MKHavoc

I was a little disappointed by it to be honest.  Though the highlights for me were easily, Bastion and everything the Tested guys did.  I didn't find Dance Central or Rock Band 3 to be any fun to watch.  I'm not really into comic books, so I wasn't expecting much from the Comic Vine segments to begin with and I thought the Denizen commentary was only mildly amusing.  

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ravensword

Wonder if well get a archived version of it alter on.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By mosdl

Needed more interaction between all the folks - should have perhaps been more roundtable discussion than individual segments. 

barkertron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By barkertron

Well, I really enjoyed all of it. I came here because I read Giant Bomb but I'm definitely going to check out some of the other sites now. The Tested segment involving eggs and bacon made me laugh my ass off.

Jothel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Jothel

fucking hell some people are impossible to please, i thought it was awesome, watched the whole thing.
one of my favourite bits weird was when Norm said: "stop fakin'" after Will asked him if he liked bacon, for some reason really made me crack up

obcdexter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#73  Edited By obcdexter
@JJWeatherman said:
" Best live broadcast in the history of live broadcasts. "
I agree.
And to all the people complaining: I kinda thought from the start that this would be way more of a fun "tour" through the WM offices with the occasional 
value content thrown into the mix. Some sort of "get-to-know-us-better", if you will. I got EXACTLY that and all the parts of it were thus awesome in their own rights.
These folks belong together, the chemistry between them just feels right, and it was a smart and very nice move to let the community become an even bigger part of the whole.
I find it nearly impossible to complain about this ... it'd be like judging your friends "performance" at a party ...
Slique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Slique

The problem with the Comic Vine segments were that they weren't properly organised, meaning that it all felt a bit amateur and bland. Whereas Screened and Tested and Giant Bomb all had these pre-arranged demonstrations and situations set up, Comic Vine had nothing to do but stand in front of the camera and talk comics. A huge improvement for one would have been to have the prizes on show during the trivia segment, so the viewers could at least see what they were competing for. 

I know it's a cliché thing as well, but maybe Babs and G-Man could have taken it in turns to dress up throughout the show, so as to at least make their time on screen a little more visually stimulating for the audience. Imagine how much more enjoyable the questions could have been if G-Man was stood delivering them whilst dressed like Wolverine?

It's simple and stupid, but it would have helped.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By mrcraggle

From what I saw it was only ok. Comic Vine bored the hell out of me and it was a shame it ended on that and the technical difficulties didn't help out with the end of Screened.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#76  Edited By Brendan

It was pretty good, and although it got slow in several spots I knew going in it would be a miracle to pull off interesting content for everyone for 7 straight hours non stop.  I actually think the show would have been better with a quarter of it cut off to keep the pace moving quicker, but nonetheless it was a job well done by the GB crew.  Thanks whiskies!
MKHavoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By MKHavoc

On second thought, maybe I'm just still bitter about what they're threatening to do to the Bombcast.

Pat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#78  Edited By Pat

i would like to preface this by saying that i love giant bomb and most of what whiskey media has to offer.  however, everything i saw on the big live live show was junk.  a shorter, more focused show would have been great.  as much as i like the whiskey media staff i'm not interested in watching them take apart a ps3 or read through a comic.

and after hearing the justification for the breaking up of the giant bombcast into tiers -- it's too time intensive (~15 man hours a week) -- i was wondering how many man hours were allotted for this (40+?)

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#79  Edited By tomance

Are they going to be putting it up on GB or are we going to have to go through justin tv

ZimboDK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By ZimboDK

I liked it. Tested, Screened and GB was awesome. Comic Vine was weak, but I have absolutely no interest in comics.
Dance Central and Rock Band 3 was cool.
I enjoyed seeing what the Move had to offer. I have a weakness for table tennis.
Greg Kasavin!
Pope and Drake had some very funny moments too.

Ryan looked wasted at the end. He did an amazing job though.

Slique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Slique

Oh man, I can't believe I forgot about giant greenscreen Ryan screwing around with Will and Norm's segment. That was easily one of my favourite parts.

schizogony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By schizogony

I watched like five minutes.  That's all I could take.

Mechanized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Mechanized

Also, I'd like to say that the video quality was amazing for the two hours or so I got to actually watch it. Considering 10k people were also watching at that time, I consider it pretty damn amazing. I mean I've watched Evo and other fighting game tourney streams, E3 streams from various sources, etc.. and they struggle with what? 4-5k viewers tops? And in a tiny box as well. I think they did an amazing job with this live show.

Astras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#84  Edited By Astras
@Ockman:  dude i'm glad u felt the same as me about the show, thought I was the only one.. would of loved some real content instead of the need to make the GB dudes look like clowns for some reason
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By FluxWaveZ

Granted, I didn't see much of it, I found it rather boring.  Everything except for the Tested segments were rather bland (with the exception of that Screened movie, but I suppose I had come in too late to realize what the hell that was all about).  The Comic Vine segments, in particular, were tough to watch.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Turambar

I enjoyed the Tested bits.  But the rest didn't really interest me.  And yeah, make it shorter.

edinxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By edinxbox

It was great, but where was Vinny? i know he was working the camera's but really for 8 hours nobody could take over? Babs was hot, made the comic vine parts worth looking . But lets be honest, those segments were bad.

Duffman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Duffman

I enjoyed the Giant Bomb parts, was gone when it started so I missed the first four hours.  The other parts, like the Comic Vine and Tested segments, weren't particularly interesting, but that's just me.

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#89  Edited By zitosilva

There were some parts that were better than others, for sure. Still, the Tested segments and the 11 string bass player (Baudin was it?) were the champs for me.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Willy105

Comic Vine dragged it back, but Tested and Screened saved it.

edinxbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By edinxbox
xupahdupah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By xupahdupah

I overslept, so unfortunately I missed most of it. Hope that they put up an archived version soon.

roborobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#93  Edited By roborobb

I thought it was fantastic. The only parts I didn't enjoy were the Comic Vine sections which served as a suitable break from the computer every so often. I was surprised how hilarious Tested sections were considering I didn't like Will or Norm previously, but they were genuinely great and were probably the best sections of the show. Screened was also absolutely hilarious and Giant bomb was, as always, totally great.  

Fantastic Job goes particularly to Ryan, Vinny & Drew! The Quality of the stream was continuously great

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By SlightConfuse

i enjoyed the tested segments and will buy some of those products. The screening room was the best for me .  

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#95  Edited By Video_Game_King

A bit disappointing, but I should've known that it would be disappointing (how can you come up with enough material for 7 hours?). Also, HUGE tech issues. Lots of errors and fuck-ups.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#96  Edited By Deusoma

I missed the sauna suits, which sound hysterical, so all the Tested stuff I saw sucked. Honestly, until this morning I thought the BLLSL was just gonna be Giant Bomb, not all of Whiskey Media. So I wasn't too thrilled to be watching Norm and Will dismantling a PS3 for seemingly no reason.

But dancing Brad was funny, I liked the all-too-brief trivia section, and I wish I'd seen more of Denizen, that looked delightfully awful. I hope the Big Live Live Show, Live is going to become an annual feature.

OroJackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#97  Edited By OroJackson

The best part was the screened trivia segment, simply amazing

illmatic19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#98  Edited By illmatic19

They should upload all giantbomb segments on the site, I mean they did record it right?

Baal_Sagoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#99  Edited By Baal_Sagoth

I came into the whole thing being very sceptical and was fully prepared to hate on it after the slow start with the PS3 Slim stuff. But they turned it around spledidly afterwards and delivered everything I could have expexted. I wasn't even sure if I should watch the entire thing but then it just oscillated between great entertainment, info about nerdy shit I care about and a beautiful trainwreck.
GB's contribution was awesome as always (Bastion probably being the highlight aside from Ryans glorious MC skills), the Screened viewing was the best thing they put out so far and totally took me by surprise as did the Tested stuff (GOTTA check that site out more, if only for the staff members) and the Comicvine segments were charming and chaotic (mostly in a good way). Sara totally owned all of that though today. She had the best parts of the battle segments, got into the gaming action (which was very cool) and seemed to hold that part of the show together generally. I guess you did everything you could to ease me into the subscription stuff in a smart way while still delivering a quality show.
I think you got me to trust your jugdement in using my money for a one-year-subscription well. As soon as I got the payment side figured out that is because I'm finally gonna have to get one of those scary credit card things - I'm from Germany and don't necessarily need an internationally accepted one for my financial stuff usually, it's complicared. Anyway, nice show and I hope I'll get to subscribe without to much hassle soon! 

hexogen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#100  Edited By hexogen

I watched the first few hours, but I got bored quickly. Around the second time it turned into a telethon is when I stopped watching. I already subscribed, leave me alone! From what I'm reading of this thread though, it got better.