#1 Edited by AndrewP (89 posts) -

Some of the names are green, some are red, and some are white. What do these mean?

Edit: I just noticed some blue ones too.

#2 Posted by PinkElephant (112 posts) -

When you signed up you picked whether you were a Nintendo (Red), Microsoft (Green), Sony (Blue), PC (White), or Neutral (Grey) fanboy.

#3 Posted by Bkorns4 (129 posts) -

My first guess was that they were for different ranks, like moderators and/or editors. But i heard on another topic that they vary depending on what system your a fanboy for. Nintendo = red, Sony = blue, Microsoft = green, and neutral = white.

I'm still not positive though, but i think its the fanboy one.

#4 Posted by AndrewP (89 posts) -

Oh geeze I just found the answer. I need to look around a little bit more before posting. The colors represent what your console preference is. That'll make it easier to spot the stupid console war threads.

#5 Edited by BlackCurtain (60 posts) -

I think those represent which kind of fanboy you are. Your given a choice when creating your account.

#6 Posted by mthe1337one (198 posts) -
PinkElephant said:
"When you signed up you picked whether you were a Nintendo (Red), Microsoft (Green), Sony (Blue), PC (White), or Neutral (Grey) fanboy."
if that's the case, i'm surprised there aren't that many Grey-colored names... :\
#7 Posted by StratoFabio (13 posts) -

Yeah, but what's the use? Our nicknames here in these replies are all white. All we get to see is the topic founder's nickname color.

Or am I crazy?

#8 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -

I felt so retarded for not knowing what the colors meant for my first two days on the site.

#9 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

They refer to which system the user is a 'fanboy' of. Green for Microsoft, Blue for Sony, Red for Nintendo, White for PC and Grey for Neutral.