What do you do with a psn/xbla game once you're done with it?

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Masha2932
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By MysteriousBob

I don't think I've ever deleted an XBLA game. I have about 40.

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Masha2932
@MysteriousBob: I'm guessing you have a huge hard drive
Ashen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Ashen

I think I have like 7 xbla games, haven't deleted any of them yet and I don't expect too.

WoodenPlatypus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By WoodenPlatypus

I've never deleted one on purpose, deleted one by accident then re-installed in instantly. 
Even if I never play on them I like to keep them there. 

I didn't think people would actually play and delete.
Avatar image for deactivated-6058f06e73ee8
deactivated-6058f06e73ee8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I like having them there, sometimes i fire things up now and then, I really like having full titles on there too from the marketplace like Saints Row 2 or Crackdown 2 if I just want to play something quick and dumb.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Jadeskye

I trade them in at my local gamestore :p (i wish)

Vexxan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Vexxan

I keep them on the hard drive because for most of my XBLA games I've always come back a while after I finished it to play it again.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By JoeyRavn

I usually delete them if I'm 100% done with the game.

BigFatSamurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By BigFatSamurai

I keep them on there. Usually with the aim of finishing up all the achievements although I hardly ever get round to doing it. I'm playing through Daggrdale with my girlfriend at the moment and i'll probably go back and do the single player just to see what it's like solo.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Sambambo

I have about 150 xbla games and I'm keeping them all. Deleting them seems crazy...

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By aspaceinvader

Even if you delete them, you can re-download them again for free as you already own them, you won't get charged again,the same way you can re-download titles on steam . They are linked to your account and for Live they are always in your download history. I have downloaded my xbla titles on to my new xbox with no hassle at all and just transferred the licences via the website. I think its the same on psn as i've seen ps1 games i bought and deleted still there for re downloading.

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 25

#13  Edited By Lelcar

@SuperSambo said:

I have about 150 xbla games and I'm keeping them all. Deleting them seems crazy...

I have less PSN/XBLA/Wii Ware games, but my thought process is the same.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By penguindust

I delete the ones on my 360 since I need the space.  I have a 20 gig model (yeah that long ago), so hard drive space is a premium.  I don't get rid of the ones I play, just the ones I haven't touched in a year or more.  Like I dumped TMNT, Assault Heroes, Geometry Wars RE 1, and probably some others I can't remember, but I kept Geometry Wars RE 2, Castlevania, Heavy Weapon, and E4.  With XBLA games, even if you delete them you can just redownload them later if you want to play them again.  Now, I have far fewer PSN games, so I've never had to erase one of those.  Besides I have a 60 gig in there and so space hasn't become an issue yet. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15  Edited By natetodamax

I've kept almost all of mine. Might delete Bayonetta though.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Masha2932 said:
@MysteriousBob: I'm guessing you have a huge hard drive
Not really, its only a 120GB Elite. XBLA games don't actually take up that much space individually. Its installing games that uses up hard drive space. That and my downloaded versions of Sid Meier's Pirates and Beautiful Katamari.
Portis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Portis

I had thinking about this a little lately.

As it stands now, I have every PSN and XBLA game I've ever bought still on my hard drive -- and there are a lot, I'm complete downloadable game whore. But so many of these games I will never play again, like am I going to play Cloning Clyde, or Bomberman Live ever again? No, I got my moneys worth from those games long ago when I played through the things. Why do I keep them? I guess it's because I paid money for them, so I feel like I should keep them around, but at the same time if I delete them it's not like I can't just go back and re-download them for whatever weird reason.

Hard drive space isn't an issue on my PS3, but it is a huge issue on my Xbox 360 (20GB) where most of that space is filled with XBLA games. The Xbox 360's HDD's are way overpriced and I'm lazy -- bad combination. So I've come to the realization that I'm just going to delete all the XBLA games I don't ever plan on playing again (probably a good...%97 of them.)

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Portis said:

As it stands now, I have every PSN and XBLA game I've ever bought still on my hard drive -- and there are a lot, I'm complete downloadable game whore. But so many of these games I will never play again, like am I going to play Cloning Clyde, or Bomberman Live ever again? No, I got my moneys worth from those games long ago when I played through the things. Why do I keep them? I guess it's because I paid money for them, so I feel like I should keep them around, but at the same time if I delete them it's not like I can't just go back and re-download them for whatever weird reason.

Hard drive space isn't an issue on my PS3, but it is a huge issue on my Xbox 360 (20GB) where most of that space is filled with XBLA games. The Xbox 360's HDD's are way overpriced and I'm lazy -- bad combination. So I've come to the realization that I'm just going to delete all the XBLA games I don't ever plan on playing again (probably a good...%97 of them.)

20GB?! I didn't even know they made them so small.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Karl_Boss

I put them back in their cases.....oh wait.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#20  Edited By Sooperspy

Keep it on PS3, since I have a 250 gb drive.
Delete it on 360, since I only have a 20 gb drive.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ShaggE
@MysteriousBob said:
@Portis said:

20GB?! I didn't even know they made them so small.
:,(
MacGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MacGeorge

I EAT IT.

SteamPunkJin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By SteamPunkJin

Toss it on a storage drive or delete it if I'm really done with it.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BraveToaster

I keep them on both consoles because of the disk space.

louiedog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By louiedog

I keep all of my games on the hard drive. I don't know the current count, but it's somewhere around 120 XBLA games. It's likely I won't go back to a lot of games that I've completed like Banjo-Kazooie and Gunstar Heroes. However, if I delete them there's no chance. I will sometimes scroll down the list, pick out something that I haven't played in awhile and spend 20-30 minutes with it.

juanvaldes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By juanvaldes

Got a 500 GB in my PS3, so there is no reason to delete anything.

Fishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Fishstick

I put them on a thumb drive, in case I want to play them again.

ConstantRa1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ConstantRa1n

I buy a new console.

mattbosten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By mattbosten

Delete for space. Mainly because I have quite a few full disc games installed that I switch between, one of which is L.A. Noire which is 20.5GB including the DLC and save files.