What do you guys do when you have to many games to play

hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By hendersonman

I am suffering from the lack of desire to pick a game to play. I set for a few minutes of time trying to decide if I want to play banjo,or far cry 2, or slog away at Last remnant. What do you guys do when you can figure out what you really want to play?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

I know what the answer is for you...Go out and rent/buy some old games with easy achievement points. You'll be in heaven!

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By crunchUK

um you pick the one you feel like playing then when ur all burnt out on it you pick another game you feel like playing]

wut

hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hendersonman

Look Lost was $8 man... And yes I started playing it for the achievements. I cant help it my 360 died when the game came out and I had to play it on the PS3.

albedos_shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By albedos_shadow

I personally play a bunch of games for like 5 minute spurts and never really make any progress in them whatsoever.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#6  Edited By oldschool

I just buy games to impress people.

It doesn't work :(
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

What you do is get two ten-sided dice, then divvy up the number of games you have by 100 & round up or down as you see fit.  Afterwards, you make a table with the percentage roll that will translate to game A, game B, etc...e.g:

01-33%  Game A
34-66%  Game B
67-00%  Game C

Then play the game based on the dice roll result (percentile dice) until the game is finished, or
until the next day.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Rowr
hendersonman said:
"I am suffering from the lack of desire to pick a game to play. I set for a few minutes of time trying to decide if I want to play banjo,or far cry 2, or slog away at Last remnant. What do you guys do when you can figure out what you really want to play?
"
UGH

I know the feeling. Lately im just looking at my pile of amazing games, totally uninterested.

Renting a mediocre game sometimes helps.
hendersonman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By hendersonman
Lind_L_Taylor said:
"What you do is get two ten-sided dice, then divvy up the number of games you have by 100 & round up or down as you see fit.  Afterwards, you make a table with the percentage roll that will translate to game A, game B, etc...e.g:

01-33%  Game A
34-66%  Game B
67-00%  Game C

Then play the game based on the dice roll result (percentile dice) until the game is finished, or
until the next day.
"
Looks at his 100 sided die on the dresser and realizes just how nerdy he is :(
Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gameboi

I thank God that he has blessed me to the point that I'm even able to ask such a question in the first place.  Many people have no food or shelter, let alone something as trivial as a video game.  I'm not bullshitting you, either.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By End_Boss

Alright, this is what you do: gather up the three games you want to play, as Lind said. Now pick them all up and throw them straight up in the air. Whichever hits you in the face first and/or injures you most severely is the game you must play.

Stevokenevo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Stevokenevo
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor
hendersonman said:
"Lind_L_Taylor said:
"What you do is get two ten-sided dice, then divvy up the number of games you have by 100 & round up or down as you see fit.  Afterwards, you make a table with the percentage roll that will translate to game A, game B, etc...e.g:

01-33%  Game A
34-66%  Game B
67-00%  Game C

until the next day.
"
Looks at his 100 sided die on the dresser and realizes just how nerdy he is :("

Gygax would not approve. Real men use 10-sided dice!
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Yeah I know the feeling, I just don`t play a game for a while until I want to play again.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

You don't play The Last Remnant because its garbage and flip a coin on the other 2 games to decide. Though Banjo is the clear winner.

Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shadow
BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By BoG

I usually take a nap, then play an online shooter for 30 minutes, then pick up whatever I need to finish. I usually choose based on how close I am to beating the game. Like, I should just beat Chrono Trigger any day now. I'm done with the game, I just haven't fought the final boss.

bagmanforhire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By bagmanforhire

if your not doing anything for awhile i would play farcry2

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By brukaoru

My pile keeps on growing of games I haven't played. Sometimes I'll ask friends for their input on what I should play next. Or because some games I have are more likely to be spoiled for me if I don't play them soon, that helps me decide.

daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By daniel_beck_90

I usually buy multiple games at the same time but it never stops me from enjoying all of them . let me give you an example , I bought  Gears of War 2 , Fable 2 and Far Cry 2  (How many 2s !!) at the same time , I first finished Gears of War 2 four times and got almost all of the achievements then finished Fable 2 twice and at last  played Far Cry 2 (I only finished it once before selling it to Gamestop becasue the game SUX) . so no matter how many games I have in my desk at a time, I only focus on one game and forget about the others altogether .

MadMatr07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By MadMatr07
Gameboi said:
"I thank God that he has blessed me to the point that I'm even able to ask such a question in the first place.  Many people have no food or shelter, let alone something as trial as a video game.  I'm not bullshitting you, either."

Yeah I mean think  back to when you were a kid and you got a stack of games. For about an hour I would pop them all in and try them out then settle on one and beat it before I went to the next one. You should be excited to have so many games to play.
Bullet_Jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bullet_Jr

I'm sure I'm not the only one here who keeps inventory on their games.

I have an Excel Spreadsheet with all my games and a cell that indicates whether I have beaten the game or not.

Now that I think about it, I treat games the same way I treat books. I generally read through most of it then get bored and start something else. This is why I think short games with lots of replay value is better. I mean, I've played some epic RPGs, stopped playing for a month then tried to start again only to be confused with what was going on in the story and all that.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By End_Boss
Bullet_Jr said:
I have an Excel Spreadsheet with all my games and a cell that indicates whether I have beaten the game or not."

Oh.
My.
God.
breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By breadfan

I got Fallout 3 and Far Cry 2 as gifts for Christmas and I decided that I was going to wait to get into Far Cry.  Sometimes I like having a few games to play because I can put in some time with one title and then when I am done with that I still have more games toplay

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By RHCPfan24
End_Boss said:
"

Alright, this is what you do: gather up the three games you want to play, as Lind said. Now pick them all up and throw them straight up in the air. Whichever hits you in the face first and/or injures you most severely is the game you must play.

"
Actually, I was going to say the same thing.  The other suggestion is to just play Banjo. Done.
I do have this problem much as well though. I will look at Fallout 3, Dead Space, Little Big Planet, Gears 2 and Banjo and just ponder for awhile. I usually end up playing an XBLA arcade game in the end.
drakesfortune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By drakesfortune

If I don't know what to play...I'll watch a movie, read a book, go for a walk, or listen to a podcast.  I usually don't play a game if nothing sticks out at me as something I want to play.  I have about one billion games in my collection that I haven't ever played because I've been loading up on $2-$5 Xbox and PS2 games that were highly rated.  So if I'm not feeling anything in there, then it's time to not play a game at all.

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#28  Edited By LordAndrew

When I have too many games, I ask myself "What should I play?" After a few hours I finally make a decision, but then there's no time to play anymore. Problem solved!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#29  Edited By LordAndrew
Stevokenevo said:
"take the discs out of their cases, and frisbee them one at a time at the slot loader (ps3/wii, or disc tray for 360).  Whichever lands perfectly in the console is the game you play!"
I actually think this is an awesome solution! XD