What do you think about red faction and bionic commando?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Just curious what you guys think of these.  I'm saying these in particular because they've, to me, have emerged to be absolutely spectacular looking, with red faction's demo making me play it over and over (and it's a short piece of shit demo!).  Bionic Commando also looks pretty fun, I'm just concerned about the shooting.  Both could suffer from level design issues in repetitiveness as well.  Dunno, probably will be fine.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By pause422

I definitely agree with you there Smug. I've still barely checked out much on Bionic Commando, but since playing the Beta for RF:G last year for the duration of its time out I knew I would enjoy RF. The quick look that the GB guys did though the otherday on Bionic Commando helped me see more of BC plenty, and I think it does look really cool. Not sure how its multiplayer will stack up, I think it could either work really well or not be a big deal, but to me it seems the SP is the strength of a game like that anyway. Red Faction however, the multiplayer should be a ton of fun, since I've tried it from the beta before, and its only gonna have more added.

Definitely a few of my anticipated games for this year, since there aren't a ton of them I'm looking forward to this year in general.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

I actually think we'll see these games pop up.  You say your not looking forward to a ton this year, but something tells me there will be a lot of games thta catch you off guard. Prototype looked like garbage to me before.  I'm liking it with more gameplay.  Brutal Legend will be the same, and probably so on.

And the grandaddy of them all- Alan Wait.  I do think this will come out in 2009.  Should be one of the best games thus far. Sounds very unique.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By pause422

I'm looking forward to playing prototype as well, it just seems that this year at this time so far, there aren't a ton of games I'm interested in. Some I don't even know if they will come out this year or not, and others I only am interested in just for trying since not enough has been shown of them..could turn out to be shit. I want to try out Dark Void I know, and Alpha Protocol if that comes out this year...but those I don't know enough about and they would just be a try to see what I think of them. I myself, will still be very surprised if Alan Wake comes out this year..I'm not expected it, and even though everyone seems to jizz the second a tiny bit of new info it shed light on about the game, I still have no idea how it will turn out in the end.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

the thing is, i think lots of these gaems will be, essentially, sleeper hits.
You brought up a huge one-- Alpha Protocol.  No one seems to be talking about this yet it has the potential to be a damn fine rpg.

Anyway, I understand what you're saying.  There's not many high quality completely unique seeming games.  On the ps3 you have Infamous, MAG (2009?) and lots of games that fit this category as well.
I get what you're saying though