Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#51  Edited By Video_Game_King

Everybody's saying his name wrong. It's Suda Five One, not Suda Fifty-One. (Alternatively, it could just be Suda Five, but I'm sure he's a fan of the one.)

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By Bribo

@Video_Game_King: Thanks for clearing that up, Vid Eogam Eking

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Bribo:

I put spaces in my name, and the reason I'm saying that people are saying his name wrong is because of how Japanese numbering works. If it was Suda 51, his name would be Suda Gojuuichi.

nickux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 7

#54  Edited By nickux

Big fan of Suda and his games. For me, it started with Killer 7 and I was really sucked in by the world he created. Since then, I've bought and loved every game he's made. No More Heroes and its sequel are insane but lots of fun, Shadows of the Damned is definitely is most playable and most-successful game from a style perspective. I went back and played his older games like Flower, Sun, and Rain and while I didn't find them as fun as his later stuff, I appreciate something really out there. Looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw and the rest of the upcoming games from Grasshopper. I know a lot of people think his games are all style but stuff like Shadows and NMH 2 have great gameplay in addition to being full of cool, in my opinion.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Bribo

@Video_Game_King: Thanks for clearing that up. I thought the spaces were there to remind chronic asthamatics when they should breathe.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

He's awesome. He should team up with Swery. I would be so happy.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Bribo:

Who says they aren't?

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#58  Edited By FancySoapsMan

He's one of my favorite figures in the game industry and his games always manage to entertain me, even if they're terrible (like Flower, Sun, and Rain)

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

@Ley_Lines said:

According to CheapyD at Cheapassgamer he's a shitty boss who does little in the way of actual work. Considering he does have friends at grasshopper, I'm inclined to believe him. CheapyD talks about this in the last two podcasts. As for what I think of his games, interesting scenarios and stories but terrible gameplay.

I was going to mention this. It's tough to say, people don't always like their boss, but get a lot of credit when other people are doing work too. He sounds like he could be a douche from what was said by Cheapy. It is something to think how he always seems to have multiple projects going now. Is he spending that much time working on those different games? He's doing a lot of traveling and PR.

I've never found his games to be that good anyways, though I do appreciate some of what they are doing. None of them play well. I think that's important.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By WickedCestus

He's my second favourite crazy Japanese game-person behind Swery.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By 1337W422102

Love him and the overall strangeness of his games.  I've never had a gaming experience quite like killer7 and I love the hell out of the No More Heroes.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By 1337W422102
@Demoskinos said:

Lollipop Chainsaw is my #1 most anticipated game at this point. Suda's games are amazing. Loved Shadows of the Damned and both of the No More Hero games. In fact... NMH is the reason I bought a Wii and the only games I really have for it.

I bought a Wii for No More Heroes as well.  I don't regret it.
Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Bribo

@Video_Game_King said:

@Bribo:

Who says they aren't?

M [wheeze] e.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#64  Edited By habster3

Brilliant man. Not sure what else to say. I mean, seriously. This guy... his ideas are just so unique and over-the-top. I have reason to believe that Suda may be a little insane, but his games are still awesome. Oh, and I'm really looking forward to Lollipop Chainsaw (might have to check out some reviews and opinions before getting it, though).

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's fine. I don't necessarily like the games he makes, but I do appreciate that there are people like him making games. He's like the David Lynch of game development: he does weird out-there projects that aren't for everyone, but at least he's out there doing something different.

AdzPearson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#66  Edited By AdzPearson

Big fan of the crazy stuff he pumps out. I love any form of fiction with unusual happenings. Shadows of the Damned was both challenging and entertaining. I played a bit of No More Heroes way back, but I stopped playing. I think it was when I went to Uni and I couldn't really set up a Wii in my room. I need to get back to that one day...