What Do You Think About The Double Feature Format for TNT?

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Joker369

Joker369

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Joker369

I personally like it but I was just wondering what the community thought.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

I like it. It keep things crazy.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By dungbootle

It's fun.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By mosespippy

I could watch a dedicated programming block of either of tonights games, so combining them had me feeling like I was missing out on the action of the secondary game. Other times, like in uneventful MMOs, the double billing is great. Tonight was two games where excitement could happen at any second so it didn't work. If there was two separate streams like they did with the big live live show then I'd at least be able to watch the second part later.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

#6  Edited By Hailinel

It's not really fun when there's one game I'm really interested in and the other I couldn't care less about.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#7  Edited By BeachThunder

I'm not a huge fan; also, not enough Xcoms :(

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#8  Edited By Snail

There was a thread about this recently, but it wasn't a poll. It can be pretty annoying when people miss out on opportunities for interesting polls. Good on you.

I think that some games don't appeal to everyone, so it's nice to have something else to switch to so more people are interested. Not to mention that some games can frequently become a bit stale and uninteresting for a while, and having one of the guys play a game in parallel can help in those situations.

A great example of this is the recent Torchlight II/Tokyo Jungle TNT. I don't give an eff about Torchlight II, and even though I'd still watch because it was TNT, Patrick playing Tokyo Jungle really made the whole thing more enjoyable. Those are two really different games, so they're pretty much bound to entertain more people.

I'd still rather have the ability to switch streams whenever.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#9  Edited By musubi

I'd say no. I'd rather focus on one game. Take for tonight for example I was in it for Brad playing trials. war of the roses looks boring as shit. More brad less crappy PC games please.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quarters

I love them. I've been way more into TNT since they started.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tim_the_corsair

I like having two games, gives more opportunity for the crew to shine since I couldn't give two shits about what is actually happening in the games themselves.

sthusby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sthusby

Not loving it.

FLStyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#14  Edited By FLStyle

I've enjoyed TNT a lot more with two games, makes things more interesting and crazy, especially with the Giant Bomb transition technology.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By JoeyRavn

It's OK for games like today's Trials and War of the Roses... but I'd prefer to have back the "proper" TNTs once in a while. And if you ask me, the best TNTs are always played locally, not online...

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By MiniPato

Not great. I only liked it with Borderlands 2/ Tokyo Jungle because I was more interested in Tokyo Jungle than Borderlands 2. I'd rather they focus on talking about one game and its genre rather than doing 2 games at once. War of the Roses would have been a great TNT on its own, but Ryan and Patrick were only talking about Trials which is boring to watch. Like, why would I watch War of the Roses footage with people talking about how to beat a Trials level?

alistercat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 27

#17  Edited By alistercat

I like it but I don't like the current presentation.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18  Edited By The_Nubster

I feel like it doesn't work very well. You either have a boring game and a great game, like Torchlight/Tokyo jungle. One of them isn't very fun to watch, but sometimes the less-fun game gets the spotlight. Otherwise, you have two fun games, like Trials Evo and War of Roses, where both are exciting, but they aren't getting equal billing and sometimes the excitement happens when the game isn't receiving attention.

That isn't to say I didn't enjoy it, because I really like TNTs, but I would have liked it more had it been one or the other.

Pudge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Pudge

Haven't seen tonight's yet, but I think it makes for a nice hangout vibe and loosens up the Bomb Squad so that they're much more entertaining by the end of it. Plus, it stops situations like when Max Payne 3 just blew up and they had to scramble for a replacement game.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#20  Edited By Phatmac

I like it. We would have never gotten the Horsey bits without war of the roses.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#21  Edited By cornbredx

I think they should do it more sparingly (as they've been doing it every week... and I know why it's because all this amazing gear they want to play with) but I love it. For certain game mixes it's an awesome idea. Maybe not something they should do every week but rather have it in their bag of tricks. 

So far they got: 
Playing the game with the audience 
Playing the game with each other while acting goofy (like they do) 
Playing 2 games (with or without the audience participation or a mix of the above 2) 

It's almost like an evolution of TNT!

Bozar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By Bozar

I don't like it when they're showing both games at once, the screens are too small if you're not sitting close to your monitor while watching.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A states my opinion perfectly. The only problem is sometimes something awesome is going on on the small bottom screen and it's hard to see it. I still prefer it to the one-game format, though.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#24  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I love it. It keeps things interesting when one of the games is something I'm not super interested in. Even if the second game is a single player game. The Tokyo Jungle stuff was awesome.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#25  Edited By kindgineer

I like it. When they are in the middle of match switches in one game, they can switch to the other. I hated sitting there watching the guys stare at a screen to weed out technical or software issues.

Bane122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bane122

I'm fine with it and picked A. The big thing is I wouldn't want only 1 or 2 game TNTs. I like that they pepper the dual game ones in now and then.

TMBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By TMBaker

My favourite TNTs is when 4+ of them are together playing the one game IE: Fortune street, Gears Of War 3, Diablo 3 etc. Yeah sure a change up to keep things "fresh" is good but I find the best TNTs is when the guys are trying to work together or in competition.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#28  Edited By Little_Socrates

I haven't ever loved a double-feature TNT, but I've liked pretty much all of them.

Still, that's pretty much a wash for me. I'd rather go back to single-format for amazing TNTs like Dead Island, Fortune Street, and WWE All Stars. Thing is, the double-feature TNT ends up with too little attention being given to one of the games every time, but what little attention they do give tends to prevent games like Tokyo Jungle or War of the Roses from getting WAY interesting.

(Also, there has yet to be a viewing format that I've felt comfortable with; tonight's "theatrical view" was especially uncomfortable at times, and lowered the quality of the stream which was trying to buffer too many incohesive images at once.)