What do you think of my video game collection?

• 64 results
Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Nephasth

I just started collecting in 2011. Before 2011, I always used to either trade in or sell all of my consoles and games. Just last year, I only had about a dozen games. I wish I had all of my hundreds of games that I traded in throughout the years, some very rare ones, along with all of my consoles. I totally regret getting rid of all that stuff, so I have a no trade/sell policy now and just hold onto everything I buy.

Here's what I've managed to put together so far....

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#2  Edited By FancySoapsMan

pretty neat.I like how organized you keep it

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Akeldama

Rolling the cables around your controllers like that is really bad for them.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kmdrkul

I admire your cleanliness.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

#5  Edited By AndrewB

I had two thoughts:

1. Fuck yes, Original Half-Life boxed set.
  2. That's a lot of original Xbox controllers. In fact, the most controllers I've ever owned for a video game console was two.
NekuCTR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By NekuCTR

Your TV setup for your current gen consoles is amazing, Fits so perfectly in that alcove, could probably use a bigger Tv, but I guess you don't sit that far from it. Overall, Good set of business you got there.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Dagbiker

How did you end up with 6 xbox controllers, and 2 Zeldas?

donkeycow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By donkeycow

It's... very tidy.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By cornbredx

Cool. You'll come to hate it when you run out of room (well, I did anyway).

I also have over 1000 movies, though, so that kind of adds to the clutter I guess.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By toowalrus

Pretty impressive huh? I bet you're pretty impressed.

Alkaiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Alkaiser
Avatar image for verticalstripes
verticalstripes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By verticalstripes

Very impressive.  I think you've boughten about five times as many games in the last year as I've bought in my life haha.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Jrinswand

That's a lot of crap to buy in one year. You must be a teenager.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TentPole

No Alundra means your collection automatically sucks.

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Nephasth

Here are a few more pics that it didn't upload.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Beaudacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Beaudacious

I don't understand Video Game Collections, that collect everything. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed, just keep the games that you adore. You have quite some turds in that gathering of plastic boxes.( In my opinion anyways)

The key to a great collection, is to collect what you feel emotional attached to, in other words a curated collection. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to have this collect them' all ocd when it comes to games.

A good metric to live buy in collecting games are stories, if you can't tell me a great story about a game it probably isn't worth it.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By MocBucket62

This is definitely the cleanest collection I've seen, but why do you have two GTA San Andreas games?

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#18  Edited By YoThatLimp

Man, i guess that is impressive to someone? I just don't get it, it is not for me. I just end up thinking "Hey, that is a lot of plastic shit to keep at your parent's house".

joshth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By joshth

very cool! Quite a variety too.

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Nephasth

@Dagbiker said:

I have either 2 or 3 of each system shown. I have 3 original Xbox consoles, which is why I have so many controllers and multiple copies of Halo and Halo 2 for LAN sessions and what not. The 2 Zelda copies is just because I saw a copy of Ocarina of Time for a couple bucks and thought it was too good of a deal to pass up.

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Nephasth

@MocBucket62 said:

This is definitely the cleanest collection I've seen, but why do you have two GTA San Andreas games?

One of them is the original with the Hot Coffee scene, and the other came in a trilogy box set with GTAIII, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas, which I think is the special edition which removed the hot coffee scene.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Chop

Man, I always forget just how awful the original Xbox was (game wise). I'm glad it came around, it's responsible for well...everything consoles are now but what a turd of a system for games.

Also, I agree with @Beaudacious. The key to a good collection isn't just pure numbers. Everything in your collection should be special in someway; don't horde various sports titles and other stupid shit (unless they are special to you, of course).

zor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 18

#23  Edited By zor

(thumbs up)

I feel envy when i see collections so well organize, my games are all over the place, in boxes, in the closet/garage/random locations. And most of them are covered in dust (i don't dust... i should, but i feel that it gives my place a nice creepy feel).

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Nephasth

@Beaudacious said:

I don't understand Video Game Collections, that collect everything. Games are meant to be played and enjoyed, just keep the games that you adore. You have quite some turds in that gathering of plastic boxes.( In my opinion anyways)

The key to a great collection, is to collect what you feel emotional attached to, in other words a curated collection. Unfortunately a lot of people seem to have this collect them' all ocd when it comes to games.

A good metric to live buy in collecting games are stories, if you can't tell me a great story about a game it probably isn't worth it.

I see what you're saying, but you're drawing too many conclusions here. These are games that I do "adore", games that I grew up playing. I mean, you say that I have a lot of "turd" games, but that's all in the eye of the beholder. I didn't really read reviews back when I was younger, so I was a lot more likely back then to buy games that weren't critically acclaimed, but I still found a lot of them very fun. A lot of my retro games are just games that I re-purchased, games that I used to own back in the day and I had a lot of fun with, games that I bought before I read reviews. You'll notice that on my current gen consoles, almost all of my games are critically acclaimed because I read reviews before I buy games now.

I actually feel the opposite when you say the only games worth collecting are ones with great stories. Once I know the story, that's generally enough for me, whereas games like Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Wave Race, games with non-existent stories are some of my favorite games to collect because you can play them again and again and still have fun.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By awesomeusername

@Nephasth said:

No Caption Provided

i have this same exact tv!

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nephasth

@awesomeusername said:

No Caption Provided

@Nephasth said:

Nice! Yeah, it was my first HDTV and it has been pretty great. Good picture and audio, works well with both new and retro systems and hasn't given me any problems.

I actually have all of those systems hooked up to it as well. 2 HDMI ports for the PS3 and 360, 2 component ports for the Wii and PS2 and 2 AV ports for the Xbox and Gamecube. I actually have a 1st party Microsoft HD converter box for the Xbox which allows me to get 480p using the AV and S-Video port on the side. The platinum Gamecube that I have hooked up doesn't even have support for component cables, but I do have a backup Indigo colored Gamecube that does have the component slots. I guess later model Gamecubes removed the component slot because not enough people used it, similarly to the reasoning behind their decision to make the Wii sub-HD.

Seastalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Seastalk

I used to collect game magazines in addition to games. I had at least 5000 magazines; the problem is that they take up a lot of space and are not really worth anything, really... so when I moved I got rid of most of them. I might have around 150/200 left.

JTB123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By JTB123

@Nephasth said:

No Caption Provided

The way everything fits together here makes my brain very happy. Awesome collection too, I've ended up with a ton of controllers over the years too.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Peanut

@Beaudacious said:

You got it. This is the key to a great game collection, but it's something not all of us have an easy time doing. I know it took me until moving into my own place before I was able to cut out the majority of my NES/SNES/N64 collection.

Avatar image for awesomeusername
awesomeusername

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By awesomeusername

@Nephasth said:

@awesomeusername said:

No Caption Provided

@Nephasth said:

Nice! Yeah, it was my first HDTV and it has been pretty great. Good picture and audio, works well with both new and retro systems and hasn't given me any problems.

I've had mine since November. It was my moms but she bought a bigger tv so she gave me this one. Good size too! VIZIO's a damn good brand of tv. I only have my PS3 and cablebox connected.

snowninja845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By snowninja845

@Nephasth said:

No Caption Provided

Do you really need to keep game informers. It's kinda bordering hoarding right here.

jacksukeru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

#32  Edited By jacksukeru

@Nephasth said:

@Beaudacious said:

I see what you're saying, but you're drawing too many conclusions here. These are games that I do "adore", games that I grew up playing. I mean, you say that I have a lot of "turd" games, but that's all in the eye of the beholder. I didn't really read reviews back when I was younger, so I was a lot more likely back then to buy games that weren't critically acclaimed, but I still found a lot of them very fun. A lot of my retro games are just games that I re-purchased, games that I used to own back in the day and I had a lot of fun with, games that I bought before I read reviews. You'll notice that on my current gen consoles, almost all of my games are critically acclaimed because I read reviews before I buy games now.

I actually feel the opposite when you say the only games worth collecting are ones with great stories. Once I know the story, that's generally enough for me, whereas games like Mario Kart 64, Super Smash Bros., Wave Race, games with non-existent stories are some of my favorite games to collect because you can play them again and again and still have fun.

He wasn't talking about the games' stories, he was saying that you should be able to pick any game from your collection and tell someone the story about how you got it, or some other good story from when you used to play it. Basically he's saying that for a game to be really meaningful in a collection it has to be meaningful to the person collecting it, and having a cherished memory of it is the easiest way to tell if this is the case.

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rebel_Scum

It's an impressive collection but the lack of 8-bit and 16 bit generations has left this with a huge gaping hole.

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ImaTreee

this makes me cry my gaming collection is no where near this cool

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By VierasTalo

How on earth do you have time to play all these games?

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Nephasth

@snowninja845 said:

@Nephasth said:

No Caption Provided

Do you really need to keep game informers. It's kinda bordering hoarding right here.

Yeah, that is pretty bad. Maybe I should get rid of my magazines.

Slab64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Slab64

@Nephasth said:

@snowninja845 said:

@Nephasth said:

Yeah, that is pretty bad. Maybe I should get rid of my magazines.

Game Informer has pretty rad covers though, compared to most other game mags over the years.

Totori

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Totori

nice, do they sell men's games where you bought that?

Jayesslee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Jayesslee

Alphabetized too? Dayum!

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#40  Edited By egg

no PSP stuff?

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Justin258

@Dagbiker said:

He also has two Halo 1's and two Halo 2's.

OP, I do not mean to undermine that. It's an awesome collection worthy of admiration. Still, there was another thread a while back - I believe it was , but if I'm mistaken then don't blame me too much - who showed off his collection, and it took up something like a whole room.

EDIT: Yep, here it is. My own collection amounts to this. Keep in mind that there's also a PS2 somewhere above that picture and some other games here and there, but the majority of it is in that desk.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By iam3green

OCD? its really clean.

i just have collection of games from buying the games enjoying them and not playing them anymore.

lol at the wcw n64 games. hulk hogan still looks bald and old. in other news i guess his daughter is going to be in TNA impact.

nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#43  Edited By nintendoeats

That is actually pretty good for a 1-year old collection. I find that a "buy almost everything that you find cheap" policy goes well with the "no trade/sell" policy.

Rohok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Rohok

Impressive man. I'm pretty sad I didn't buy a lot of the games out there on release. A lot of them now are in those dumb ass platinum hits cases and they're not even worth collecting after that.

Avatar image for oppressivestink
OppressiveStink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By OppressiveStink

@Nephasth:

As one collector to another, do yourself a favor and don't bother with sports games. They will never be rare, they will never retain value and they never look impressive(unless it's Mutant League or Blitz games).

You can see bits of my own collection on my profile. I'd take a new picture, but we're getting ready for a move.

Let me leave you with a warning though, if you want to be in a relationship with someone, make sure he/she is comfortable with this level of collecting. You can go down some dark holes when you collect things. Myself, I've fetishized arcade machines(I'm on my third machine!) and it's starting to get a little dangerous. Just be weary man.

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Patman99

Really tidy setup and pretty good collection.

BUUUTTTTT Where are the Atari 2600 games? Or even the ColecoVision stuff? I mean, I did not see one Vectrex and Im pretty sure that is a cardinal sin when collecting games.

Im only kidding but in all honesty, I aspire to have a setup as pretty as yours. As of right now, all my retro stuff is in boxes and my current generation stuff has filled the shelving I had them on. I think I need to get a nice box to put all the stuff I dont play in or just get a large bookshelf type think to put everything in. But seriously, get a Vectrex. No gaming room is complete with out the constant mechanical hum of a Vectrex.

PeasantAbuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By PeasantAbuse
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#48  Edited By Hizang

No collection is complete without Banjo-Tooie!

Nephasth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Nephasth

@OppressiveStink said:

@Nephasth:

As one collector to another, do yourself a favor and don't bother with sports games. They will never be rare, they will never retain value and they never look impressive(unless it's Mutant League or Blitz games).

You can see bits of my own collection on my profile. I'd take a new picture, but we're getting ready for a move.

Let me leave you with a warning though, if you want to be in a relationship with someone, make sure he/she is comfortable with this level of collecting. You can go down some dark holes when you collect things. Myself, I've fetishized arcade machines(I'm on my third machine!) and it's starting to get a little dangerous. Just be weary man.

Yeah, I've thought about that quite a bit actually, both about the sports games and going down dark holes when collecting.

I had practically no games last year, and I bought a Gamecube with Resident Evil REmake in early 2011. That's literally what set it off, I just got all excited with it because it was one of my favorites and I had it again. Then I was all about the nostalgia and getting more old classics that I used to like.

It's already had some negative effects. They're space consuming, and I've even declined living with some friends because they never lock their doors and I wouldn't want my stuff out in the open like that. With the place I live now, at least I have some security and always keep things locked up.

It's a pretty nasty habit, and I think I need to slow things down. I don't even play that many games, and things are kinda getting out of hand. It's almost like I've reached a point of no return, and can't go back now. It's like either go all in or don't do it at all.

I'm screwed, lol.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#50  Edited By Vinny_Says

@Beaudacious said:

Maybe he really likes shauwn white skateboarding....

Anyway, nice collection your mom must have spent a lot of money on that.

I kid, I kid....

It is a nice collection and it's well organized. I especially like the 3 copies of Halo CE....