What do you think they did to Conviction?

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

In case you guys didn't realize, Conviction was suppose to come out in late 2007.  Now, it's coming out, I'd say fall this year, although it might fall into early next year.

The teaser makes it seem like they're changing the plot as well.  Instead of simply living as a fugitive, they say the what's-his-name got shot and are having the whole "you can live your live, we never knew you, but not really".  So I'm wondering, is it possible that this might actually be a revamped traditional splinter cell (think more story action driven espionage stealth, kind of like MGS) as opposed to public stealth which is what the video below is.  What do you think?  I dnno realy, but I think they're doing something very special to this game.

Here's the old Conviction videos. It looked pretty decent.  They obviously seem to want this series to be a AAA franchise again.though if they didn't let that out nor the original formula. So just off that, I'm going to see this game will be great.  Because really, they're focusing on making this good.

\

This is not what you'll see at E3.
Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Osaladin

The only thing I can speculate is that it will be open world.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Fosssil

Honestly, I don't know what to expect, or even what I want the game to be (other than good). The idea of a Bourne-style open-world game with the "public stealth" gameplay seems like it could be really cool if it was implemented well; but, I really want to play a next-gen version of the "Chaos Theory" style of game.

delta_ass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By delta_ass
Fosssil said:
Honestly, I don't know what to expect, or even what I want the game to be (other than good). The ... [more]

Yea, ditto. I'm cool with the open world stealth that they introduced in Assassin's Creed, I thought that was really well done. But to me, Splinter Cell has always been about Sam Fisher hiding and killing in dark shadows. That's why I play SC games, to somewhat realistically play as a secret operative sneaking around in the modern world. Not that sorta contrived MGS style where you sneak around because you can see the guard's vision on your radar box and all that. Chaos Theory really did a great job refining the original SC1 style and I want to see it perfected even further.

And let me just say that if Ubisoft had wanted to keep SC a AAA franchise, they never should've handed off development duties to Ubisoft Shanghai, cause those guys *suck*. The Treyarch of Splinter Cell games, basically.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
Delta_Ass said:
Fosssil said: Honestly, I don't know what to expect, or even what I want the game to be (other than ... [more]
They're very similar.  they swap it off.
That being said, Pandora Tomorrow was pretty dang good.  More of a straight sequel to the first.  They don't push it, but it's more of the expansion pack.