So when you hear the name Blizzard, (the people who made Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo Universes) what do you think of? What element do you expect to see in their games? I'm aware there's alot of haters so this will probably invite flamming but w/e.
So In my opinion a Blizzard game means:
- A comparatively balanced MP experience.
- Easy to run game, high end hardware not required
- Active Support for the game for at least 5 years
- Sharp Gameplay
- A story with compelling characters and almost always a betrayal somewhere
- Quality, I expect all Blizzard games to be of very high quality that persists for years
- Easy to get into and hard to master
so there's been alot of people complaining about Innovation so I thought this video was relevant.
also we defined innovation, So i will pull it here:
does it still mean this? Innovation is the creation of better or more effective products, processes, services, technologies, or ideas that are accepted by markets, governments, and society. Innovation differs from invention in that innovation refers to the use of a new idea or method, whereas invention refers more directly to the creation of the idea or method itself.
That's more or less correct, the commercialization of an invention. Innovation means a wide range of things, not all innovation is radical or disruptive, it can be incremental, there's a coined term for "incremental innovation". For instance purposefully cooking something at 120 degrees instead of 100 is an innovation. And yeah innovation for businesses is either a product, a process or a service. Pretty much all of the stuff we talk about here that enchances the experience(loading time included) is a product innovation.