• 66 results
#1 Posted by Jeust (10858 posts) -

Me, I play Canabalt, and Super Vampire Ninja Zero.

What about you?

#2 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

The ones people have gifted to me.

#3 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -

Maniac Mansion Deluxe

#4 Edited by Jeust (10858 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

The ones people have gifted to me.

You... leech :P

#5 Posted by Contro (2040 posts) -

Gorgon.

#6 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
@Jeust

Great. Now I'm struggling to create a comeback that isn't related to Durarara. How about, "So what?"? Does that work?
#7 Edited by Jeust (10858 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Jeust: Great. Now I'm struggling to create a comeback that isn't related to Durarara. How about, "So what?"? Does that work?

It fits. ^^

#8 Posted by evilrazer (496 posts) -

I play Trackmania Nations now and then when I feel like it.

#9 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

APB Reloaded, TF2, Lord of the Rings; Online, (VIP for life, apparantly), Soon DC Universe Online (Also super member there) and a bunch of other games.

Tried getting into LoL but their community is almost a worse cesspool than this place. Steller Impact is also a fun game

#10 Posted by JackSukeru (5964 posts) -

I played a bit of Dragon Nest with a friend for a while after the Giant Bomb interns did that Youtube video. It was pretty enjoyable with a pretty non-offensive artstyle, I guess I understand why people like Dynasy Warriors now, I think.

#11 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

All my game have cost me money :(

#12 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

I have this weird feeling toward free to play games. I avoid them like the plague. They just don't seem like "full" games. I expect to get into it only to be bombarded with micro transactions or ads, or other crap to get in the way of the actual game. So, any game worth playing, is worth paying for.

#13 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2404 posts) -

Team Fortress 2

#14 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

The problem I have with a lot of free games is that they aren't really free games, their like trial versions of the paid version since almost every free game has some form of a payment model to go along with it.

#15 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Hamz said:

The problem I have with a lot of free games is that they aren't really free games, their like trial versions of the paid version since almost every free game has some form of a payment model to go along with it.

This....and you basically can't play the game without paying "you must wait 2 hours before you make your next move, or you can pay now to eliminate the timer."

#16 Posted by Dtat (1630 posts) -

I play League of Legends. I have paid a few bucks here and there for some champions, but I feel ok about giving them some money considering how much gameplay I've gotten for free.

#17 Posted by ToxicFruit (1719 posts) -

League of legends... well when i started it cost me nothing

#18 Posted by lockwoodx (2479 posts) -

I'm going to assume the OP means F2P games in which there aren't any of high enough quality I'd be willing to play but as AAA titles become more and more lackluster, especially MMORPGs, I'm more inclined to try them these days. I'd count Guildwars 2 as a must watch F2P game but technically it doesn't count because you have to make a 1 time purchase. Firefall on the other hand might be the first that holds my attention long enough to stick with it.

#19 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -

Lord of the Rings Online.
I own the original, Mines of Moria, Siege of Mirkwood and Rise of Isengard by now, so I have most of the content, at least enough to get me to there...and back again.

Oh and some TF2, LoL and the like on the side.

#20 Posted by onarum (2296 posts) -

I played all nifflas games both free and paid, they are all great, played cave story to death (before the wiiware version, after that came out I bought it and played it to death again), I usually go at kongregate and play some neat flash games, Battle for Wesnoth is pretty neat as well.

I think the only ones I play with any regularity are roguelikes, I also play a lot of Dwarf fortress.

If you mean F2P then I must say NONE, save for TF2 they are all garbage, also I wouldn't touch a "MOBA" game with a 30 foot pole.

#21 Posted by BlinkyTM (1046 posts) -

@Hamz said:

Yeah, that's kind of annoying. I always hate when a game is free and all the best armor/weapons are for paying members. OR when they make you pay real money for in game items.

#22 Posted by Witzig (337 posts) -

World of Tanks, heard the Bombcast make fun of it and wanted to make fun of it myself and I was pleasntly suprised to say the least when I started playing it.

#23 Posted by InitialP (27 posts) -

After watching Free to Play - Bloodline Champions I played a few hours and actually enjoyed it. It's fairly mindless and fun to play. I may end up dropping some "real in-game money" if I still keep playing through the end of the week.

#24 Edited by OtakuGamer (1285 posts) -

League of Legends, it’s the first MOBA game I’ve played. It’s a really fun addictive game to get into but the community is quite hostile to newcomers. The amount of anger and rage I get from playing with other people. XD

It's to be expected though. It is a super competitive game after all.

#25 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2730 posts) -

I play TF2 every now and then.

#26 Posted by SSully (4325 posts) -

I play a good amount of legaue of legends when I have time. I guess you can say TF2 is free now, but I have been playing that since I got the orange box.

#27 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Would you recommend them to people who don't like grinding to level?

#28 Posted by Riotisonfire (123 posts) -

Quake Live. I try ET:RTCW now and then but never find it as enjoyable as it was years ago. And Team Fortress 2, when my friends want to play. I has a hardcore Trackmania nation addict untill i bought trackmania 2.

#29 Posted by Natedogg2 (457 posts) -

While I technically paid for TF2, I suppose it counts now. And I play a game called Kingdom of Loathing, although I don't play very much anymore.

#30 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry: Lord of the Rings Online?
Yes, most of the time you're doing loads and loads of quests.
There's deeds ingame which ask you to explore the map, kill any number of enemies or use a skill 300 times (no rush) for an improved trait, title, turbine points (the ingame currency for new questpacks beyond the iniatial 35 levels roughly) or other rewards.
But overall you should be questing all the freaking time, grinding sucks and Lotro is all about the story, not murdering boars.
#31 Posted by mazik765 (2316 posts) -

League of Legends is the only one I play consistently.

#32 Posted by Ravenlight (8011 posts) -

I've been playing TF2 for years. I love that game and occasionally drop a few bucks on the ingame store. My favorite thing about its F2P model is that there's no "pay to win" model. Any item that gives a player an advantage is available from random drops or crafting.

#33 Posted by Still_I_Cry (2494 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: Awesome. I'll have to check it out. Thanks for the info.

This will serve to sate my desire for a LOTR game until War In the North.

#34 Posted by Twisted_Scot (1180 posts) -
@TaliciaDragonsong said:
at least enough to get me to there...and back again.
but after that....you shall not pass?   Yeah that's right I see what you did there :)

@Jeust
Not much, Zombie pandemic and some other browser games is as far as Ive been in the free games world.
#35 Posted by Vestigial_Man (311 posts) -

Team Fortress 2, Trackmania Nations(?) and soon, DCUO again. I kind of want to play more but there always seems to be a game I payed for to play.

#36 Posted by djames216 (398 posts) -

I currently play City of Heroes . It recently became free-to-play. I used to be a subscriber but now qualify as a "premium member". This means that I can play for free now and only suffer some minor (in my opinion) setbacks compared to full blown subscribers. I compile a list of Free PC Games (with links to official sites or download links where possible) here. It's a mixture of free-to-play games and others that are flat-out free. The Suffering is one example on my list of a free game with no strings attached.

#37 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8606 posts) -
@Still_I_Cry
I'm so hoping that turns out to be anywhere decent! I love lotr!

@Twisted_Scot
I can wait for the next expansion, I ain't 75 yet anyway, Lotro's expansions are never late nor early, they arrive exactly when they mean to.
#38 Posted by MattyFTM (14432 posts) -

I'm playing through Broken Sword at the moment, because GoG was giving it away for free the other week. It's great.

Cave Story and Spelunky are both awesome free games too.

#39 Posted by Jeust (10858 posts) -

@Hamz said:

It depends. There are true free games. Games like Canabalt, Super Vampire Ninja Zero, or the originals Alien Hominid and Meatboy. :)

#40 Posted by Aronman789 (2671 posts) -

I'm liking Fallen Earth.

#41 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

APB Reloaded, TF2, Lord of the Rings; Online, (VIP for life, apparantly), Soon DC Universe Online (Also super member there) and a bunch of other games.

Tried getting into LoL but their community is almost a worse cesspool than this place. Steller Impact is also a fun game

Is APB Reloaded any good?

#42 Posted by jaimedot (6 posts) -

The free games on IOS lol. And TF2

#43 Posted by Skald (4370 posts) -

Tiny Tower, (inasmuch as you can play Tiny Tower) Frogatto, Nethack, TOME and Wesnoth.

#44 Posted by kalmis (1549 posts) -

Recently been playing way too much Pixel Purge. One of the better twin-stick shooters I played in a long time. Managed to get all 50 trophies now. Still need some Bestiary entries.

#45 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Pretty much just TF2.

#46 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

League of Legends is the only one that I play and like, but I have spent around 60 bucks on it. Don't regret it a bit. GREAT game. (Though I guess TF2 counts, even though I paid for it when I bought it a long time ago)

#47 Posted by Hizang (8532 posts) -

I currently play no free games.

#48 Posted by BlinkyTM (1046 posts) -

Team Fortress 2 is free?

#49 Posted by iBePeRFeCT (396 posts) -

TF2 and LoL. I was very surprised by LoL actually. I went in thinking it would be some cheaply made game and wouldn't offer me much entertainment but I have been hooked since my first game. The community can be rough sometimes, but I don't believe it is any worse than most other competitive gaming communities.

#50 Posted by jipearce (32 posts) -

Lord of the Rings Online, Trackmania Nations and Team Fortress 2.