What game developer would you like to work for?

• 82 results
Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

If you were in the gaming industry what developer would you work for?

I would work for CD Projekt RED

Tell me your choices

SomeJerk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

One of Sony's studios because it's clear that as long as you're useful and contributing, you'll continue circulating in there, being helped out if let go. A whole bunch of ex-WipeOut, ex-DriveClub developers just combined to form a fresh studio focusing on Morpheus development.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ripelivejam

Frankly it seems more profitable and less stressful to just be an indie dev. I guess success is pretty hit or miss but id rather do that and if i don't succeed try try again rather than lose my sanity.

*speaking as someone whose game programming experience is limited to klik & play

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#4  Edited By Jeust

Remedy. I want to work with Sam Lake on trippy stories.

MSCanyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to work for Obsidian, mostly on just a respect level if nothing else.

IceNDice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By IceNDice

Team Ico, I would kick them in the arse and tell them to make The Last Guardian, that being I would help them make it too.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

It's many years away yet, but I am working towards being an artist in the industry. As of right now I think I'd most want to work for Double Fine. They just seem much more transparent with how they make their games, which helps people like myself learn more about the industry.

kasaioni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kasaioni

Kojima pro....oh....right....

Then Free Radic....oh...

No one.

elyhaym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is probably a cliché answer, but Blizzard. Not only due to their games, but after having visited their HQ in Irvine, it seems like such a relaxed place to work alongside some really awesome people.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Valve. Because money.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

BioWare probably.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Atlus or From Software

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I guess from a quality of life perspective it would definitely be preferable to avoid crunch as much as possible, and I'd imagine that this isn't that much of an issue if your just one of the 1000 people thrown at an annual AC Game making filler side content. So some obscure Ubisoft studio would probably be my answer (I think I don't actually want to work in game development).

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spoonman671

Valve seems like the obvious choice. Apparently you don't even need to produce anything.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Double Fine just seem like the nicest bunch, and their over all openness to helping indies and their own people make games is pretty cool.

I would have said Valve at some point in time buuuuuuuuut making games just doesn't seem to be their priority. Nothing against them though, they seem like a great bunch as well.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naughtydog. The most talented studio out there in my opinion.

Avatar image for asilentprotagonist
ASilentProtagonist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fromsoftware, Kojima Productions, Bethesda, Valve.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Treasure without a doubt. If there's one developer that knows how to make a game fun, it's Treasure. Their game mechanics are some of the most interesting and innovative there are. These are people who know a good idea when they see one and aren't afraid to try new ones out.

From the Wiki:

Treasure was founded in 1992 by a team of former Konami employees who were tired of making sequels and predictable mass market titles and wanted to create original ideas that would challenge and entertain. Their first big hit was Gunstar Heroes for the Sega Genesis which they followed up with titles such as Radiant Silvergun and Ikaruga. Treasure has achieved cult status within the industry as a developer who takes risks, puts forward new ideas and challenges the routine of a sequel driven industry.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Platinum Games. :D

Shindig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eutechnyx because they're easy to commute to.

Practicality, y'all.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

I guess from a quality of life perspective it would definitely be preferable to avoid crunch as much as possible, and I'd imagine that this isn't that much of an issue if your just one of the 1000 people thrown at an annual AC Game making filler side content. So some obscure Ubisoft studio would probably be my answer (I think I don't actually want to work in game development).

From the horror stories I've heard about Ubisoft, the lack of job security is far scarier than crunch time.

Avatar image for valorianendymion
ValorianEndymion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 12

Paradox, Bethesa, Creative Assembly or with a japanese developer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb67033e3422
deactivated-5bb67033e3422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I had the money I’d do something myself, if I had to go for an existing one like to work for Shigeru Miyamoto.

mellotronrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

None of them, of course. I don't think you could created a more miserable place to work than a game software company.

Only about 1% of the people who say they woudl want to work for one COULD. I mean psychologically and physically together, most people would be having much fun or satisfaction from such work.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#26  Edited By fisk0  Moderator

Aside from having seen enough indie game development to know that I wouldn't want to do it full time or even have deadlines, I guess in a dream world scenario I'd kinda want to work with Almost Human, Starwraith, Meteoric Games or Wadjet Eye, doing dungeon crawlers, space sims or cyberpunk adventure games.

Out of the bigger studios I guess it'd be Petroglyph, since that's where the Westwood folks ended up, but kinda seems like they've had some nightmarish past few years, so not really.

mach_go_go_go

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.dejobaan.com/

Avatar image for nicktorious_big
nicktorious_big

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I think it would be fun to work for Bethesda. I think I just like the way that company runs

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By FacelessVixen

Either Platinum, Ninja Theory or Grasshopper Manufacture given my love for character action games.

Eh. Fuck it. Tamsoft too. They're redeemed themselves after their misadventures on the PSP, and they might be the reason for me getting a PS4.

brandondryrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IO Interactive so I could try and make Freedom Fighters 2.

asinies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably Blizzard, Bethesda, or maybe Ubisoft. All of their art department stuff is great.

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Troika.... damn.

Gargoyle Games? Martech?

Bugger it. Vlambeer then.

ozzdog12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naughtydog. The most talented studio out there in my opinion.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#35  Edited By Jeust

@monkeyking1969 said:

None of them, of course. I don't think you could created a more miserable place to work than a game software company.

Only about 1% of the people who say they woudl want to work for one COULD. I mean psychologically and physically together, most people would be having much fun or satisfaction from such work.

Your comentary is not that well written. You should look at your verbs. But I agree with you. This is a pipe dream, both because of the skills necessary to really get there and be there, and because it is hard and stressing work, with its objectives not always compounding to much in regard to bringing the game to life, given the work necessary to accomplish them.

Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By Lukeweizer

Blizzard because I appreciate their "It'll be done when it's done" mentality.

Bethesda because I love their games.

Valve because it seems like it would be crazy.

Double Fine because I want to make Iron Brigade 2 with Brad Muir.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say Blizzard.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Myself

I know that's not exactly in the spirit of the thread. But I think/worry that I will never be truly satisfied if I have to work on other people's projects and if I have to answer to shareholders / investors.

I ain't saying it's such a bad thing to work for other people. But I want to see MY vision through. Make the game I want to make. Hopefully they'll be some people who want to play it too...

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Based on output: Rockstar, CD Projekt Red, Remedy. A lot of indies could be cool too just they are kinda so small and the people are so key that that doesn't come to mind first.

Now output aside, lets keep in mind apparently working on Red Dead Redemption for example was a fucking nightmare even though it was a masterpiece. So I have to face the reality of that. That means taking into account working conditions and that sort of thing and I don't really have enough information to make those calls.

When it came down to it, it would probably be a small game studio where I could have a lot of say or in general just do impactful work that feels meaningful. Not sure how I would feel being a part of a huge machine like the ones at Ubisoft or something.

@koolaid said:

Myself

I know that's not exactly in the spirit of the thread. But I think/worry that I will never be truly satisfied if I have to work on other people's projects and if I have to answer to shareholders / investors.

I ain't saying it's such a bad thing to work for other people. But I want to see MY vision through. Make the game I want to make. Hopefully they'll be some people who want to play it too...

This sums up my conclusion.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Double Fine would be my first choice. Others would be Valve or maybe Bungie/343i.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nin

ten

do.

DukesT3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Majesco.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By mike

For the last few years, I've been thinking that I would really like to work at CD Projekt Red. Once I started traveling to Poland and fell in love with it, I thought it would be nice to live and work there for awhile. Being that CDPR is one of my favorite developers and one that I look up to the most, it seems like it would be a perfect fit. I don't speak a word of Polish, but I've found that many people in major Polish cities speak at least some English (especially young people), so I could probably figure it out over time.

sikdude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Riverhillsoft

N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'd love to work at Naughty Dog and then quit because I'm not talented enough to work there.

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mb: I'd wager that you would have a problem finding a single person at CDPR who wouldn't be able to hold a conversation in English.

Avatar image for deactivated-630479c20dfaa
deactivated-630479c20dfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to live in Japan for a little bit, so hypothetically I would love to work for Namco, Capcom, Square Enix, From Software or something similar. Some company that is still holding on or actually doing good and planning on making video games.

I would also love to work for Io Interactive here in Denmark.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Rare

I wouldn't let them leave until they agreed to start making a Banjo N&B and Viva Pinata sequel.

Then I would quit as I have no skills that are transferable to that sort of business and I would only be a detriment to those two games.