What game do you think will win Giantbomb's overall game of the year?

• 160 results
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#151  Edited By Claude
@RsistncE said:

@Claude said:

@Dalai said:

Either we know the Giant Bomb staff that well or they're just really predictable.

It'll probably be Skyrim, but I hope Portal 2 gets some love.

Skyrim steals Portal 2's lunch and laughs while it plays gymnastics.

Portal 2 makes Skyrim bend over to pick up the soap in the shower.

@Tumbler said:

The question should have been "What game do you think will win Giantbomb's overall game of the year NEXT YEAR?"

This year there is simply no competition. There is only one game that deserves it and it will win it with ease.

We'll probably be talking about why Skyrim deserves to be game of the year for next year too! The runaway success of this game is likely pushing bethesda into overdrive to make DLC for the game so I would be shocked if we're not still talking about the newest dlc stuff for skyrim this time next year.

Actiivsion is probably already making COD: Medieval warfare!

This guy totally isn't on Bethesda's payroll.

Gabe?
RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#152  Edited By RsistncE

@Claude said:

@RsistncE said:

@Claude said:

@Dalai said:

Either we know the Giant Bomb staff that well or they're just really predictable.

Portal 2 makes Skyrim bend over to pick up the soap in the shower.

@Tumbler said:

The question should have been "What game do you think will win Giantbomb's overall game of the year NEXT YEAR?"

This year there is simply no competition. There is only one game that deserves it and it will win it with ease.

We'll probably be talking about why Skyrim deserves to be game of the year for next year too! The runaway success of this game is likely pushing bethesda into overdrive to make DLC for the game so I would be shocked if we're not still talking about the newest dlc stuff for skyrim this time next year.

Actiivsion is probably already making COD: Medieval warfare!

This guy totally isn't on Bethesda's payroll.

Gabe?

Hey I take that as a compliment, after all Gabe + Valve >>>>>> Bethesda. Those aren't greater than signs by the way; they're arrows, ironically tearing through the metaphorical bodies of both Bethesda and Skryim

poltergeist13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#153  Edited By poltergeist13

@Abyssfull: yeah same here....it will come down to Skyrim, Arkham City & Portal 2....Skyrim for the win.

MidgardDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#154  Edited By MidgardDragon

I don't see how it could be anything but Skyrim based on what they've said and their attitude towards it. If Skyrim doesn't get GB's GOTY it will certainly seem unusual from my perspective, that's coming from someone for whom it probably won't be my personal GOTY too.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By PhantomGardener

I think its going to be Skyrim or Batman.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#156  Edited By AuthenticM

It has to be Skyrim. Every other AAA game this year has had its share of negative criticism. Skyrim has been 99% praise.

Grimace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#157  Edited By Grimace

It'll be Skyrim. I worry though, that if there is a lack of any real competition it will mean shorter deliberations (which is kinda selfish but I enjoy the ultra-long Game of the Year podcast).

AnimalFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By AnimalFather

its between dead space 2 and portal 2

secondaryunit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#159  Edited By secondaryunit

@Delta_Ass: This poll is so screwed up! How can Deus Ex: Human Revolution not be on this list?!!! This is nothing but blattant pandaring to the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATER! Buncha Skyrim fanboys! Pathetic... like anyone even played Morrowind or would want to play the sequal!??

They even could of put Dark Souls on that list, and this list is just a bunch of babygames - not even hard!

@Delta_Ass is a perfect example of a list that is just wrong all the way. I mean, come on! Batman? I gues sit's not a bad game, but 9.5?! Hardly. More like 5.3. And Gears of War 8.5? Please. Another steroied-infused shooter where you cant even tell what's giong on because it's all the same color, and you just duck behind combat and shoot until you blast your way through the waves of enemies. How boring is that? And then all the over-the-top sinemattics you can't even skip. I got bored with the movies, and couldn't even finish it.

Portal was good, though. I can see a 9 for portal 2. Deus Ex, even better - on a scale of 1-10, it's definately an 11.

Crysis 2 was pretty, but that's about it. It wasn't as good as the first one, because the combat was boring and the story kind of sucked.

Skryim is barely worth a mention. Not even going to wast epixels on that.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#160  Edited By KaneRobot

@RsistncE said:

@Claude said:

@Dalai said:

Portal 2 makes Skyrim bend over to pick up the soap in the shower

Horseshit. Portal 2 wasn't even the best game to come out on April 19th.

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#161  Edited By Claude
@KaneRobot said:

@RsistncE said:

@Claude said:

@Dalai said:

Portal 2 makes Skyrim bend over to pick up the soap in the shower

Horseshit. Portal 2 wasn't even the best game to come out on April 19th.

I had to look it up, but a lot of people sure did like MORTAL KOMBAT.