• 0 results
#1 Posted by bunnyboiler (399 posts) -

For me its RTS,  MMORPG's and Simulations. Tried getting into them but they weren't any fun for me. And to a lesser extent sports games, apart from a little bit of FIFA.

So what genres do you tend to avoid or not play?

#2 Posted by SpiralStairs (1020 posts) -

Sports. I'm not a big fan of FPS games either, but there's a couple I don't mind.

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11256 posts) -

Sports games, rhythm games and MMOs.

#4 Posted by wormz (140 posts) -

Sports and driving/flight simulators. Almost everything else I can atleast try to understand and enjoy.

#5 Posted by ViciousAnchovy (690 posts) -

I don't care much for FPS games. Team sports games I hate, but the Pro Skater games were fun.. I haven't played any sims other than The Sims and an old flight simulator. I like the flight simulator -- not so much The Sims. I avoid MMORPGs because of money and time, but I don't flat out hate them. I don't play RTS games because I'm not a big computer gamer, but I do like them.

#6 Edited by metalsnakezero (2267 posts) -

Sport games: Since I can do them in real life.
Racing games: Unable to play them right (Really like kart racing games).
MMOs: due to monthly payments 
Simulators: Wait thats not game genre!

#7 Posted by Burns098356GX (1366 posts) -

Arcade racers. Platformers. Fighting. Rhythm. Puzzle.

#8 Posted by JessicaBoo (404 posts) -

World of Warcraft.... The end. I've seen what they do to people hahahha no thank you
#9 Posted by ZimboDK (848 posts) -

I generally play everything, but tend to avoid JRPG's, sports and sims. Oh, and all those hidden object games too.

#10 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Modern War shooters.

Tried a few, but they all offer the same crappy story and unbalanced multiplayer, I just don't like it.

#11 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Sports games for me. 
But that's really just because sports seems so boring to me. 

@metalsnakezero said:

" Sport games: Since I can do them in real life. Racing games: Unable to play them right (Really like fart racing games). MMOs: due to monthly payments  Simulators: Wait thats not game genre! "
I love Fart Racing games!
#12 Edited by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

RTS and MMORPG.

#13 Posted by obcdexter (531 posts) -

MMO's and Kart-Racers 'cept ModNation which I fell in love with, but mostly because of the great editors in it.
I'm not into RTS anymore as well, but I'll play an old classic every now and again.

#14 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3667 posts) -

None I love all types of games.

#15 Posted by gingertastic_10 (4141 posts) -

RTS and RPGs. Turn based RPGs really.

#16 Posted by metalsnakezero (2267 posts) -
@ZeForgotten said:
" Sports games for me. 

@metalsnakezero said:
" Sport games: Since I can do them in real life. Racing games: Unable to play them right (Really like fart racing games). MMOs: due to monthly payments  Simulators: Wait thats not game genre! "
I love Fart Racing games! "
Silly typo, lol.
#17 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@metalsnakezero said:
" @ZeForgotten said:
" Sports games for me. 

@metalsnakezero said:
I love Fart Racing games! "
Silly typo, lol. "
Sounds more fun than a Kart Racing game though, haha
#18 Posted by Atomasist (2818 posts) -

RTS and Simulations.

#19 Posted by Sjupp (1901 posts) -

Sports.
I like RTSgames but I suck terribly at them. All I ever do is turtle. Although I did win a couple of matches in the SC2 beta :3 
Also, FPS games are rad. I win all the time. *fistpump*

#20 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

RTSs, MMORPGs, and flight simulations

#21 Posted by dudeglove (7241 posts) -

Racing and sports games. Hate them. Everything else I'm more or less dandy.

#22 Posted by simian (838 posts) -

Horror... And yet I still buy the occassional title.

#23 Posted by Gamer_152 (13970 posts) -

Flight simulators, most sports games and the very highly realistic shooters out there.

#24 Posted by Carlozz34 (78 posts) -

Definately driving games, and all sports games except NHL

#25 Posted by Izaak (248 posts) -

JRPG's, I've never been a big fan of how they progress (both in story and in exp) or their classic turned based battle system is  just  slow and unaccessible. 
I haven't completed one since FFX, but the last one I tried - Lost Odyssey, I couldn't get past the first hour I was so bored. 

#26 Posted by CharlieTuna (328 posts) -

MMO's, I just don't see the point of anything being an MMO, it usually just cheapens the experience for me with a game having to see a bunch of assholes running around I don't want in my game. The only one I thought was decent was City of Heroes/Villains but that's mostly due to the cool creation tools. The game itself did not do anything for me in the end after I played through my free month. I much prefer something like Borderlands with MMO-ish gameplay at times, but without a bunch of random people and a stupid monthly fee.

#27 Posted by JoyfullOFrockets (1175 posts) -

Simulators/Sports.

#28 Posted by leebmx (1853 posts) -

MMORPG's and RTS's the first i'm not bothered about at all but the second I imagine I would quite like to get in to but as a console gamer the door is shut really - unless anyone can think of a good one. I also have never been bothered about Car games really.  
   I also don't play JPRG's which I think is strange considering I like games like Mass Effect and Fallout (I know they are a lot different but its in the same area). I guess maybe I find the stories in JPRG's over melodramatic and sentimental and I need to have some emotions triggered by a RPG and if the cultural difference's are too great then it is hard for this to happen - but maybe i'm being too closed minded. 
 Oh.. and motion control games leave me pretty cold.

#29 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

I'm not too good at RTS games, I mean i'm terrible at them and i'm a pc gamer. I also am not good at simulation sport games.

#30 Posted by scarycrayons (230 posts) -

RTS, realistic sports games (aside from tennis and golf, which I enjoy), 'gritty and real' FPS games, and... I think that's about it.

RTS games simply don't engage me as I like to relax and take my time when playing games, I don't find realism in gaming that interesting, and 'gritty' FPS games seem to rely on testosterone.

#31 Posted by Tordah (2461 posts) -

MMOs and Sports games mainly. Vehicular sports are an exception though, as I quite enjoy all kinds of driving games.

I was gonna say Space sims as well, but to be honest, I've never really sat down and played one. Who knows, I might enjoy it?

#32 Posted by CharkeeFarlee (896 posts) -

Sport

#33 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Dancing games.

#34 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

Sports music and wrestling.

And racing games if i don't have a wheel.

#35 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

I think I have a pretty wide appreciation of different game genres. Hell I even like racing/sports. 

However... I can't play horror games.

#36 Posted by bartok (2371 posts) -

Simulation Sports and Racing games. 

#37 Posted by IchiroYagiza (442 posts) -

Sports, rhythm, and simulations (Sims 2 is the only one i enjoy it).
#38 Posted by MattyFTM (14240 posts) -

There aren't really any genres I will completely avoid. I'm not a huge fan of both fighting games and horror games, but I'll happily give them a go.

#39 Posted by Zidane_24 (737 posts) -

More serious driving games, Flight sims, MMOs, and sports games.  

I used to avoid fighting games, but that's changed lately.
#40 Posted by luce (4045 posts) -

RTS and for the most part Sports games 

There can always be an exception though...except for MMOs

#41 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Anything Japanese.

#42 Posted by hustlerlt (238 posts) -

MMORPG,FPS and rhythm games.

#43 Posted by CitizenKane (10501 posts) -

JRPGs - don't care for the style or gameplay of them
MMOs - love to play them, but afraid for my social life
Rhythm - just never really interested me at all

#44 Posted by Flaime (525 posts) -

Sports, Fighting and Racing games.

#45 Posted by Soapy86 (2597 posts) -

Sports, racing, JRPGs, and "character action games".

#46 Posted by MrChuckles (50 posts) -

Only genre I actively avoid is sports. Racing games I don't enjoy, but I don't really avoid em.

#47 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I don't enjoy the RTS genre. I've tried to play them, but I just cant get into them.

#48 Posted by Demyx (3237 posts) -

Sport games, simulations and RTSs, I might be more partial to RTS games though.

#49 Posted by warxsnake (2626 posts) -

fighting games, jrpgs, any japanese game, avoid them like AIDS. 

#50 Edited by Tireyo (6382 posts) -

Mostly sports, shooters, MMO, dancing, fitness and fighting games. There have been exceptions though to few of the genres that I usually avoid. Never played a JRPG.

I like to stick with adventure, racing, platformer, puzzle, strategy and some RPGs and simulation.