Mass effect 2: The ending of the Overlord DLC 

Jeldh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Jeldh

Eating the ghost in pacman, they are so cute.

jim_dandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jim_dandy
@MrCaptain said:
" Eating the ghost in pacman, they are so cute. "
You're a god damn sociopath!
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By wrighteous86

GTA IV, after finding that special someone.  I tried to make the choice like I thought Niko would, and I must've stood there for a good two minutes, fighting with myself to decide.

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Hitchenson

In Gears of War when you can either take a route on the left or a route on the right. Chokes me up each and every time. 

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By rosebud04

the ending of fable 2, because i had put so much work into the game up to that point.

ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ShaneDev

I normally always just take the good path when available but if its not its tougher.I dont normally think that much about it. The choice in the museum in alpha protocol was quite tough I stopped for a while but then just went and saved the hostages. Sorry Madison.    

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By WinterSnowblind

My problem with things like Mass Effect is that the choices are always black and white.  If you're playing as a paragon, you take the good choices and if you're a renegade, the bad choices.  There's no morals or difficulty involved in them.  Dragon Age was somewhat better for this but the Witcher has still done it better than any others.  The choices actually have consequences but you won't learn what they are until it's too late, none of them are 'good or evil' and there's an option to really stay neutral.  It's also the only game I've played that made me feel that I made the right choice, but for the wrong reasons. 

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By flaminghobo
@Hitchenson said:
" In Gears of War when you can either take a route on the left or a route on the right. Chokes me up each and every time.  "
This is why I like you Hitchenson. 

@rosebud04 said:
" the ending of fable 2, because i had put so much work into the game up to that point. "
This is probably my hardest decision as well. In the end I chose my dog. Why? Because the lives of all those that went towards building the tower really didn't seem significant to me.
Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Olivaw

There were a couple in GTA4 that gave me pause.

Not the Playboy X one, though. That punk had it comin'.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By MysteriousBob
@Olivaw said:
" There were a couple in GTA4 that gave me pause.  Not the Playboy X one, though. That punk had it comin'. "
Same here. Its only in GTA IV where I had to actually think about what I did. In other games I'll just do what's plainly 'right'. GTA IV was much more gray and morally ambiguous. 

Apart from Playboy. That punk had it comin'.
Olivaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Olivaw
@MysteriousBob said:
" @Olivaw said:
" There were a couple in GTA4 that gave me pause.  Not the Playboy X one, though. That punk had it comin'. "
Same here. Its only in GTA IV where I had to actually think about what I did. In other games I'll just do what's plainly 'right'. GTA IV was much more gray and morally ambiguous.

Apart from Playboy. That punk had it comin'. "
Seriously.

I don't know what Jeff's problem is that he had to sit down and think about it for a while. It was pretty clear whose karma was catchin' up with him.

I can't seem to recall any big moral quandaries in Red Dead Redemption, but that was a much more linear story. The Mass Effect games are awesome, but rarely make me really sit down and think about certain choices, though I suppose the one for a certain party member's loyalty quest was a toughie.
zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By zeforgotten

Heavy Rain, GTA IV (killing Playboy X totally bummed me out... Dwayne being all sad and stuff. Cheer up or I'm not hanging out with you) 

also Fallout 3: Should I patch it or just cheese the game by doing the same conversation over and over again to gain 20xp everytime so you can get from level 4 to Max level in no time?  

eristocrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By eristocrat

Wouldn't say any games ever made me make a particularly hard moral decision, Heavy Rain is probably the closest.

Cwaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#15  Edited By Cwaff

Heavy Rain had a few of them for me.

McGhee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By McGhee

In Mass Effect 2 when you have to choose whether or not to allow the Krogan to be cured of the genophage. I could see both sides of the argument. It's wrong to give a disease to the Krogan so that they can barely sustain a population, but at the same time, the Krogan were a violent and dangerous warrior race that killed many and almost over-ran the galaxy. In the end I chose to bring the Krogan back, mainly because of Wrex's pleading. Although in the end such a decision could lead to much more death and destruction than ever before. But it is also possible that the Krogan would go through a sort of cultural revolution and abandon their empirical ambitions. Hopefully this decision will make a mark on Mass Effect 3. Perhaps because I chose to help the Krogan they will come to Earth's aid, or maybe they will be manipulated into joining the Reapers. Who can say? :)

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By xMP44x

I'm going with everyone else and saying Grand Theft Auto IV. Some of the decisions in that game felt much more difficult than in any other game I have played. As had been said before, when you find that 'Special Someone', you get a very difficult choice - particularly if you have been paying attention to the story. I love it when games give me a properly difficult decision to make, because it really enhances the experience. 

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Azteck
@ShaneDev said:
"  I normally always just take the good path when available but if its not its tougher.I dont normally think that much about it. The choice in the museum in alpha protocol was quite tough I stopped for a while but then just went and saved the hostages. Sorry Madison.     "
Yeah, I did that too.
PS3RG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PS3RG

None. Because the consequence is not real.

HereAllDay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HereAllDay

I haven't personally experienced this, but Nier sounds like a really tough one at the end.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#21  Edited By tourgen

Mass Effect 2 has some pretty rough choices if you don't get distracted by the stupid color bars.  I ignored the red/blue score bars and just played my idea of the character.  There were quite a few tough decisions.  I think the fact that they lock you out of later game conversation options based on the red/blue score bars is BAD game design.  You can see it right here in the comments - it took all of the emotion and power out of the decisions knowing the game was scoring you on a paragon or renegade path.  Dumb.

Stewker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Stewker

Heavy Rain. That game is full of hard moral choices and is really what made it stand out for me. One of my personal games of the year.

The part near the end where you had to make a choice to either drink the poison to find your son or not drink it, not be told his location and risk not finding him (causing you to quite possibly condeem your son to death due to you  valuing your own life more than your son's).  

The above scene was the biggest moral dilemma I've experienced in a game. I actually had to sit back and say "whoa". I was basically playing the whole game in a "what would I do" fashion, so it was quite hard for me.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mikeeegeee

At the end of GTAIV, I felt incapable of making the decision, so I tried to toe the line. Instead of just murdering the guy, I kicked him in the balls and walked away.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#24  Edited By Hizang

Heavy Rain throughout, the whole game just has tons of these
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By nintendoeats

Startropics. Do I help the dolphin or don't I?

Oh wait, it doesn't matter because if I say no IT WILL JUST ASK ME AGAIN.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#26  Edited By Brendan

Original Mass Effect:  Kaiden or Ashley. 
Pazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By Pazy

Mass Effect 2: Romantic Options

I suspect this is just me but I had a hard time with the romantic decisions in Mass Effect 2. In the original Mass Effect I choose Ashley as my Romantic option though If I had the choice I would have taken Tali. It didn't make much of a different, I liked the character enough and there was no sequal in my head and certainly no continuation of the character. When it got to Mass Effect 2 I had the option of Tali as a romantic option but there was a question in my head as to whether I should since I didnt have the option to tell Ashley that I had enough of her racist sexual fantasies! (or I could just tell her I had moved on). I decided to take Tali as the romantic option but I did have that question in my head and I decided to honestly think about it.

cerberus3dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cerberus3dog

I'm not sure if this counts as a moral decision, but the suicide mission in Mass Effect 2.  I didn't want to lose anyone and I stressed deciding who would lead the different submissions.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Hizang

inFamous had a few key parts too, one of them was either save a close friend or save a bunch of civilians
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Animasta

Alpha protocol and Fallout: New Vegas both had those.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#31  Edited By Little_Socrates
@Hizang said:
" inFamous had a few key parts too, one of them was either save a close friend or save a bunch of civilians "

I think the only one that I've had was in Fallout 3 or Dragon Age: Origins.
Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By Akeldama

Heavy Rain is one big moral decision. 

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mordukai
@Cwaff said:
" Heavy Rain had a few of them for me. "
futureman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By futureman

The Witcher did a fantastic job of continuously providing you with the choice between two bowls of shit, there wasn't a single decision that was easy for me in that game. And even if I took what I thought to be the best choice it still felt like it went badly.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#35  Edited By MEATBALL

I don't know how much you'd consider it a moral choice per se, but one of the most amazing moments I experienced in a game this year was when I had to decide whether Ethan would drink the poison or walk away in Heavy Rain. I instinctively paced back and forth in the game as I tried to decide what to do, ultimately I decided to have Ethan drink the poison, fearing that I wouldn't be able to save his son without one more part of the address. The decision felt a tad cheapened by the lame 'It wasn't actually poison!' twist, but then Ethan got shot down outside the warehouse anyway...

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#36  Edited By FancySoapsMan
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37  Edited By crusader8463

When I got the pellet that allowed me to eat the ghosts in Pac Man. Sure they had been trying to kill me, but that doesn't mean I needed to sink to their level of evil just because I could now kill them. I was better then that.

PixelPrinny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38  Edited By PixelPrinny

I would have to say Radiata Stories had one of the hardest moral choice for me to make. Throwing away 25 hours of playtime and abandoning all the people I spent hours recruiting was a difficult thing to do, but felt like it was the morally correct choice. 

Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Rockdalf

I gotta say Heavy Rain has probably had the most impact. 

lokilaufey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By lokilaufey

It's kind of hard, I often don't think I struggle with moral choices in video games even though I stress a lot about everything I do in those sorts of games. Is what I'm doing what the game considers the "right thing"? Then that's probably what I'm doing without a second thought. 

Though I admit that "choice" in the end of Deadly Premonition frustrated me. It's clear what the right choice is and I did it but... god damn did it not make me want to throw a controller out a god damn window.

bwmcmaste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By bwmcmaste
@Cwaff said:
" Heavy Rain had a few of them for me. "
Ah yes, I remember being in quite the moral dilemma when deliberating on whether or not I should cut off one of my appendages.
JerichoBlyth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JerichoBlyth

What a homosexual topic.

LeetBalla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By LeetBalla

The Witcher has some pretty cool story moments in it that make you think decisions all the way through.

kalmis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 115

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By kalmis

Dragon Age Origins, had to decided the the fate of that kid who was possessed.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#45  Edited By Yummylee

GTAIV as others have said. I remember picking Deal on my first playthrough after some decisive thinking because I actually thought Dimitri could potentially be trusted again.. =/... and not to mention me expecting doing the Revenge option would have much more dire consequences with killing someone so important as Dimitri in the criminal underworld - and of course Roman's advice pushed me on that route aswell ='( After the ending though, I loaded up a previous save because I felt so terrible with everything that transpired after. 

Dragon Age had some aswell, such as most of the choices during the Dwarf segment. Felt tough to go against Branka even though Oghren still loved her. 

Alpha Protocol too, since nearly every decision you made did have repercussions, and I'd always make the little time I had to ponder which was best. 

Resident Evil 3 I might have to admit to aswell, since determining whether it was best to fight the nemesis then or potentially have him chase you through the streets soon after via the Live Selection choices was like deciding which was the lesser of two evils. 

02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By 02sfraser

The first Mass Effect is the only game that had me make a hard moral decision. Still need to play the second one.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Dragon Age, the Morrigan and child thing.
It came out of fucking nowhere.

I nearly vomited seeing Loghain and Morrigan together after tho, guess that's what you get for being a female T_T

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

#48  Edited By armaan8014

The witcher : Triss or Shani
THINK ABOUT THE CHILD!

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points