• 176 results
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ravensword

Instead of asking whats your favorite podcast besides the bombcast, whats your least favorite pocast(s)? These are mine:  

1. the new Hotspot: Its really not terrible, but its obviously not as good as the original.  

2. Rebel FM: This is mainly due to Arthur Gies. The man seem to literally go out of his way to hate on SONY and anything playstation. Yes, I realize he was a member of team xbox and whatnot, but now hes working on IGN and all that, so he should learn to stop being pro 360 all the time because IGN is a multiconsole site. Heres a quote from him on his atleast podcast. They were talking about alot of game being demoed at E3 using the PS3 as the demo version, and he said that the reason AC Brotherhood was teraing so much when he saw it was because "Its was running on a PS3" . He has had no prior experience with the 360 build to even compare it, but instead of actually waiting to see both, he automtically assumed it was the PS3s fault that it was tearing. I havent listened to much of this podcast, but from what peopel are saying Gies has never said one positive thing about PS3. If you wanna not like the PS3, thats fine, but when your site is a multiconsole on and you want to be taken seriosuly in the Games Journalist business, you cant jsut blindly hate something or assume its going to be the worse at everything. He might as well be a Angry fanboy complaining on his blog.  I also find it funny taht hes called a Anti PS3 fanboy by commenters. Hes called that because he makes it too easy by the way he acts.

Anyway, these are about the only two ive ever listened to that I atelast didnt like a little bit.
VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By VWGTI

I haven't listened to many, but the Podcast Beyond, or whatever it's called, is fucking awful.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By EpicSteve

Three Red Lights Podcast, Sarcastic Gamer's podcast, and Girl Fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Girl Fight and CAGcast.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Dany

four guys one up...thats about it, don't listen to many others

I really like girl fight, seems like a good concept fot a podcast even though half of the time they talk about bioware

Avatar image for christiancastillo
ChristianCastillo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ChristianCastillo

Rebel FM is awesome bro :/ 

Avatar image for scrumdidlyumptious
Scrumdidlyumptious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Not really a podcast listener so the only other gaming podcast I've heard is the Kotaku one. I listened to it because Jeff was in it, but it was boring.

Chuggsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Chuggsy

Hahah Arthur has no bias against the PS3, it's kinda an ongoing joke that people think he does. I find him annoying for other reasons though, like his constantly disagreeing with Anthony on such trivial things that only interrupt the show, and I just find him energy killing and boring. He's so monotone, it's like Brad but less lovable. But yeah, he doesn't hate the PS3 or anything like that, he's said so multiple times on the show. Tyler and Anthony are just so cool though, I still love the podcast.

Personally, 4 Guys 1 Up is pretty bad now. I tried to listen to the most recent one and they just seemed like they didn't want to be there.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rebel FM. Maybe they've changed in recent months, but I stopped listening due to too many dick and fart jokes. : /

Avatar image for kamikazecaterpillar
KamikazeCaterpillar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Girl Fight is absolutely atrocious.

Avatar image for deactivated-59a5cc20e5213
deactivated-59a5cc20e5213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4 guys one up is incredibly boring and one of them has the most annoying voice I've ever heard..

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ravensword
@Chuggsy:

Im sorry, but when the guy says "Its tearing because its on PS3" without anyway of knowing how it is on 360, I find that to be a red flag. You couldve fooled me if you said he wasnt anti PS3.Hes called Anti PS3 because he makes it too easy by the way he acts.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ravensword
@VWGTI:

What dont you like about it? I find it kinda funny.
C2C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By C2C

Sarcastic Gamer (doesn't matter what color), and four guys one up.  I dislike SG podcasts since they try really really hard to be funny, but are not.   four guys one up hasn't had a good host in a while which really brings the quality down, which is really sad since I like a lot of the other 1up podcasts :( 

There are lot more that are in the "I don't dislike them or like them, I am just really apathetic about them" pile.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

I used to really like Rebel FM but they slowly became a Liberal political podcast. I felt like they talked about games for 10 minutes and disproving God the other 2 hours.Not to mention Matt Chandronait.

jos1ah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By jos1ah
@PrimeSynergy:
Yeah, Sharkey's a drain. He seems so into himself while he does it too which is what does me in. He also used to cuss so much it wore thin, and I'm not one to even care about that stuff.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17  Edited By Red

I used to like IGN podcasts, and I still think 3 Red Lights is OK, but Game Scoop, Podcast Beyond, and ESPECIALLY Nintendo Voicechat are all pretty terrible. 
I also used to like the Mobcast until Aaron Thomas--who I hate--took over. And then I stopped listening to Geekbox and RebelFM as they got too liberal.

Crono11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Crono11
@Red said:
"  I also used to like the Mobcast until Aaron Thomas--who I hate--took over. And then I stopped listening to Geekbox and RebelFM as they got too liberal. "
I agree so much with this. Except I like Aaron Thomas but not enough to keep listening to the Mobcast.
Korone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Korone

rebel fm podcasts are so goddamn hit and miss

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Bones8677

While not exclusively a game podcast, Mega64's appeal wore off pretty quickly for me. Those guys became quite annoying, not shutting up over incredibly small things. There was one episode where they spent more than 5 minutes screaming "This brownie is the shit!!!!!" over and over again, and they thought it was the funniest thing in the world. They just don't know when to shut up and move on to a new topic. 

Another game podcast that quickly became horrendous was the IGN PC podcast, Command Prompt. Their show was basically "Hey a console game is getting ported over to the PC! Awesome, let's talk about how awesome the PC is!" Not to mention at some point their equipment broke, and they started recording their show over, what can only be described as an early 80's telephone line. The audio was terrible and I could barely understand what the hell anyone was saying, so I dropped that.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SSully

I used to like invisible walls, but they got kind of annoying after awhile. 

zander1123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zander1123

I use to really like the gameradar's podcast but around episode 53-55ish it started getting really annoying. They added more people who didn't add anything themselves. It got really bad.

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#23  Edited By rjayb89

While I think Gies is relatively an Xbox 360-aligned dude, I find his assessment of video games refreshingly different from others and just because of one off-base comment shouldn't mean you should hate the entire podcast.  And I'm going to have to assume that that demo he thought was screen-tearing so much because of the PS3 was because of his experience with the PS3 version of Assassin's Creed II, which is something I've actually experienced between the two console versions.  The only thing I find a bit off-putting are Barber's statements regarding Nintendo's "lack" of creativity as of late.  I can understand why he would question whether or not Japan's game design is changing or "maturing" like he might put it, but they are still a very popular company in the states and, I think, much deservedly so.

squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By squirtle_squad

Podcast Beyond was alright for a little bit but theres something about Ryan Clements that I dont like, Im not sure what it is though. I forgot which one of the Sarcastic Gamer ones I hate but that "Lano" guy really pisses me off plus hes not funny at all. The Joystiq Podcast is starting to wear on me :\    Also Rebel FM needs more penis jokes.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jkz

IGN Gamescoop was un-listenable the few times I tried. 

The only IGN podcast I like is really 3 Red Lights.

Bones8677

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Bones8677
@squirtle_squad: How could the Joystiq Podcast wear on you? they've got Bob Ball now!
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ravensword
@squirtle_squad: 

Its kidna hard to describe Ryan. Hes does seem a little off, his laugh is a little nervousy. I obviously dont know the guy personally, but he dosent seem to have alot of presence. I mean, a guy liek greg miller, even if you dont agree with him all the time, does have Presence. Ryan also likes K Pop and Anime, which I can respect.
PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By PureRok

All of them.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ravensword
@jukezypoo:

I dotn like TRL because they are never consistent with their updates and they rarely talk about 360 stuff. But thats theyre stick I guess. But when the do update, its pretty funny.
stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By stephengotlost

The current HotSpot. It was just dreadfully boring and unfunny.

@Bones8677

said:

" While not exclusively a game podcast, Mega64's appeal wore off pretty quickly for me. Those guys became quite annoying, not shutting up over incredibly small things. There was one episode where they spent more than 5 minutes screaming "This brownie is the shit!!!!!" over and over again, and they thought it was the funniest thing in the world. They just don't know when to shut up and move on to a new topic.   Another game podcast that quickly became horrendous was the IGN PC podcast, Command Prompt. Their show was basically "Hey a console game is getting ported over to the PC! Awesome, let's talk about how awesome the PC is!" Not to mention at some point their equipment broke, and they started recording their show over, what can only be described as an early 80's telephone line. The audio was terrible and I could barely understand what the hell anyone was saying, so I dropped that. "

I agree with the Mega64 statement. I use to laugh my head off listening to the podcast, but recently, I just view them as dicks now. Don't get me wrong, some of their videos are pure gold, but the crap they say on their podcast sometimes just makes them come off like total pompous, insensitive jackasses. Also, if you see some of the videos they post on their personal Youtube channels, you might get what I mean. For example, one video features Garret recording himself quietly berating an over-weight, middle-aged women as she crosses the sidewalk.

Ah whatever, the videos they post are still hilarious...
 ...and so are hot durgers.
Avatar image for dragonbloodthirsty
DragonBloodthirsty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

I'm not a big podcast kind of guy;  I don't even especially like the bombcast.  I mostly watch the videos, and I'm getting into the whole "community" thing. 
Avatar image for comradekritstov
ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@Korone said:
" rebel fm podcasts are so goddamn hit and miss "
This. And CAGCast. Can not stand CheapyD.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ravensword
@rjayb89:

All I know is in previous podcasts he was so against the Move adn all for Kinect, he thought SONY had a very bad showing (I dont think he commented on 360s, but from the way he sounded, it sounds like he liked it more then SONYs), he hated on uncharted, and i cant recall a time he either didnt hate on something SONY related or he was excited about something SONY realted. Hell, he even thought no one would give a shit about the PS3 Redesign, which proved to be completely wrong. Notice a pattern here? You say hes not really anti PS3, but from where im standing and listening to him talk, its really sounds like he is. If it sounds like a duck, its probaly a duck.
MrMcgillicutty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By MrMcgillicutty

With the exception of the Bombcast, I really hate or just don't care about any gaming podcast. I can't quite put my finger on it, but it just feels like on every other gaming oriented podcast I try to listen to is bad because the people on them:
Don't really care about what they do, they just go in, talk for a little bit and go out.
Are boring drains that never have anything interesting to say.
Or just plain all around dicks.

This should be a simple concept: Go on, talk about videogames for a little bit, have a good time, while at the same time, be informative and too the point. 

I don't know why that's hard for other sites, but if you ask me, that quote from Giant Bomb page on the Whiskey Media website is right; Giant Bomb really is the last gaming site that gives a shit.

Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Radar

Rebel FM - Arthur's annoying. 
Geek Box - Nothing really wrong with it, but I can only handle so much nasally weezing 
PS Nation - Guys seem like a couple of jaded bums.   
Invisible Walls - Don't need to justify my hatred. It's just an awful podcast. 
Weekend Confirmed - I love Garnett, but the more I listen to him the more spineless he seems. He doesn't like to backup his views and agrees too much with others. The other guys from TRS bores the crap outta me.

stephengotlost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By stephengotlost
@ComradeKritstov said:
" @Korone said:
This. And CAGCast. Can not stand CheapyD. "
Heh, the funny thing is that he will totally read this thread and your post. He has google alerts set to email him when he's mentioned on the internet.

Hi CheapyD! I love the show, keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear you address your behavior towards Wombat in the next podcast :P
Lukeweizer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lukeweizer

Not to be politically correct on Giant Bomb or anything, but I hate the Hotspot. I stopped listening like 3 years ago. I get the vibe that the new guys are just pompous douchebags. If it was full of old times like Mechberg and Covert, I'd still probably listen to it. God, I miss Mechberg.

ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@stephengotlost said:
" @ComradeKritstov said:
" @Korone said:
This. And CAGCast. Can not stand CheapyD. "
Heh, the funny thing is that he will totally read this thread and your post. He has google alerts set to email him when he's mentioned on the internet.  Hi CheapyD! I love the show, keep up the good work. Can't wait to hear you address your behavior towards Wombat in the next podcast :P "
Hmm perhaps I should edit my post to read "This. And C-A-G-C-a-s-t. Can not stand C-h-e-a-p-y-D. Genius, I know.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Radar
@Bones8677 said:

" While not exclusively a game podcast, Mega64's appeal wore off pretty quickly for me. Those guys became quite annoying, not shutting up over incredibly small things. There was one episode where they spent more than 5 minutes screaming "This brownie is the shit!!!!!" over and over again, and they thought it was the funniest thing in the world. They just don't know when to shut up and move on to a new topic.   Another game podcast that quickly became horrendous was the IGN PC podcast, Command Prompt. Their show was basically "Hey a console game is getting ported over to the PC! Awesome, let's talk about how awesome the PC is!" Not to mention at some point their equipment broke, and they started recording their show over, what can only be described as an early 80's telephone line. The audio was terrible and I could barely understand what the hell anyone was saying, so I dropped that. "

Almost forgot Mega64. I'm still subscribed but they can be quite annoying. With their constant memes, yelling (terrible audio quality makes this 10x worse). They just seem like guys who haven't grown out of their high school mentality. 

i listen to the audio version and a lot of it doesn't make sense since they're directing it towards people watching the live stream. There was one podcast where they were eating a obscene amount of food. The audio version was just them yelling, gaging, and responding to the live stream chat.
squirtle_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By squirtle_squad
@Bones8677:
I thinks its just a little too long other than that its a great listen and I love all the puns. That reminds me, I laughed so damn hard when Ludwig and Justin at the beggining of some podcast started talking about carpentry instead of games and Chris was sort of irritated by it.
...shit I must give them another try
Blackout62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Blackout62

The Geekbox, it's basically an hour of high octane nerd interspersed with Ryan Scott saying how terrible his own podcast is.

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#42  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

Most of IGN's podcasts now (except for TRL; granted I haven't listened in a long time), Epic Battle Cry (it turned super boring), and now Invisible Walls (haven't paid any attention after some post-Marcus episodes).

JarenFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By JarenFace

Currently I also listen to two, obviously the Bombcast and The Electric Hydra (the one Brad N. hosts), both are right up my alley.

Though I gave all of the Sarcastic Gamer Podcasts a listen a while back, not really my cup of tea too be honest. Pink especially, I couldn't even make it through an entire episode.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ravensword

What do people not liek about gamescoop and podcast beyond. i like them so maybe im curious as to why others dont. I guess someone can say podcast beyond is a little too pro PS3, but I think theyre joking more then anything.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Raven_Sword said:

" What do people not liek about gamescoop and podcast beyond. i like them so maybe im curious as to why others dont. I guess someone can say podcast beyond is a little too pro PS3, but I think theyre joking more then anything. "

For me it just got too boring as they were just talking the same shit ad nauseum. Game Scoop talks too much about lesbian relationships from the last many times I heard and Podcast Beyond doesn't have Chris anymore.
CenturionCajun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46  Edited By CenturionCajun

The only video game podcast I cannot stand is Respawn Radio. I listened to them for maybe a month and just couldn't do it anymore. They are just so vicious to one another and rarely if ever would talk about anything objectively. I was so glad when Kuckles and Fragger broke off and started Gamers Rapport. It is much more entertaining now.

ComradeKritstov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By ComradeKritstov
@squirtle_squad said:
" @Bones8677: I thinks its just a little too long other than that its a great listen and I love all the puns. That reminds me, I laughed so damn hard when Ludwig and Justin at the beggining of some podcast started talking about carpentry instead of games and Chris was sort of irritated by it. ...shit I must give them another try "
Whatcha been sanding? Love the Joystiq podcast.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ravensword
@ThePhantomnaut:

sigh, yes, but we still have roper report. doo doo doo doo doo doo Time for some NEEEEWS!. My only problem with beyond is that they seem a little too pro PS3 like I said. Yes, theyre supposed to be for the most part, but when we have colin saying that 360 is for nubs (He might have been poking fun when he said that and didnt mean ti quite like that, I dont know) and how he refuses to own and play a 360 unless its work related and we have Greg basically thinking anything SONY related is awesome for the most part It seems really extreme, espeacilly colin. Ryan is actually pretty open to playing 360 stuff as he said countless times hes a big Halo fan and he talks about playing some 360 games occasionaly on the podcast. And Sam Bishop I cant really give a judgement on because hes not on all the time. He has a crazy laugh though. The whole podcast seems very SONY apologest to me sometimes. i dont know, maybe im not used to having everyone on a podcast unanimously saying good things about PS3 even if its a PS3 only Podcast.
Jhriad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Jhriad

Podcast Beyond 
Way too many segments in a show that is usually under an hour long so you don't really get deep discussion on anything.  Plus you have to listen to 15 minutes of releases and useless "Official Podcast Beyond" pets or whathaveyou.  I don't remember what finally broke the camel's back but whatever it was made me just turn the show off and immediately remove the podcast from my RSS feed.  Never really had an issue with Greg Miller like a lot of people seem to have.

Rebel FM. (occasionally)  
I don't care much for Arthur's know-it-all attitude sometimes but what really drains my interest in the show is the lack of diverse opinions on the show.  They all generally agree on things and tastes overlap to a large degree.  Then when one of them does have a differing opinion someone just ends up shouting "You're Wrong!" or giving the dissenter an earful of derision.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#50  Edited By sjschmidt93

Rebel FM is easily the best podcast on the internet.

And there aren't any podcasts I don't really like. Except Game Scoop.