What game should be made into a movie ??????

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By jonano

there are so many good concepts in games for good movies like Dead Space or Resident evil 4 would have been a brilliant movie but they already fucked resident evil  up ,Half-life , Earthworm jim ,Bioshock , grimfandango, Battlefield Bad Company would make a good action comedy but they keep managing to fuck them up hopfully max payne will be good cuz hes one of my favourite characters.i talking about movies without Uwe Bol if they had a proper team and directer and screen writer and reasonable budget.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Blu_Magic

A movie based on GTA IV would be awesome.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By pause422

Uh, none that are good because they always turn out to be complete shit, making the game they're based on look bad.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By jonano

yeah but what if they had the a good production team and screen writer and directer and wasnt  made by uwe bol

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pause422

There have been shitty video game adaptions not made by Uwe Boll also.. to this day there never has really been a 'good' video game movie, just sucked less than others. I think in situations like this  if they ever started working 100% with the developers of the game they're working on, and let them make every single choice for every scene in the movie that's the only way it would work.   In that case Half Life, however it would be more of a movie only for the fans, because I would not want Gordon to talk at all in it of course. Bioshock already is going to be a movie btw though jonano. Which scares me..because the way the game tells you the story it only would ever work in that first person perspective, I just don't see how making bioshock a movie could ever work, kinda same with Half Life, but you at least know instantly what gordon looks like, long as he doesn't talk it would work.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jonano

i actually knew that man but i couldnt think of another good game with a intesting  concepts for a movie you know  and like books,movies are only based on the outline story or character what do you think  the max payne movie is going to be like

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TwoOneFive
Blu_Magic said:
"A movie based on GTA IV would be awesome."
no it would not. it should remain a game forever. just go watch the departed or goodfellas or whatever, thats what gta4 is trying to be like. now if they made a movie based on a game already based on a bunch of different crime dramas, you end up getting something that sucks. 
Carmel_Chewy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Carmel_Chewy

Halo or Half-life, that would be awesome.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By xxNBxx

The problem is not with the games the problem is with the writers of the movie version.  So often the movie companies just get the cheapest writer they can get,  thinking that it don't matter the gamers will go see this movie anyways.   A good writer could make a good game movie.   Games that I feel would make good movies are, MGS twin snakes,  Half-life,  legacy of Kain,  Condemned,  BF: bad company (o wait they did that already its called three kings =)  )

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10  Edited By kush

The Half-Life series would probably work the best...I would really love to see Guillermo Del Toro do a video game movie sometime...I think he could make it actually work.

Endogene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Endogene

sam and max would be a great fit, the story can be told in less then 2 hours without butchering it like most of the cited games here

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Systech

Halo is kind of begging for a movie now and Half-Life could use one. A Knights of the Old Republic movie should be made, too.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By xxNBxx

A knights of the old republic movie would work as long as lucas has nothing to do with it.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jonano

oh yeah three kings i totally forgot about that i have its right across from me on my shelve o well and thats the basically bf bad company my bad man

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jonano
Blu_Magic said:
"A movie based on GTA IV would be awesome."
no it wouldnt because each game has a different character so there isnt one character that all the events like  half-life has gordan freeman,halo has master chief , mgs had solid snake which character from gta would you use cj,tommy vercittei ,the mute guy or nikko no matter which one they use someone is going to be disappointed
Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Shocker
Kush said:
"The Half-Life series would probably work the best...I would really love to see Guillermo Del Toro do a video game movie sometime...I think he could make it actually work."
Yes, that would work if they did it right.
DARKIDO07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By DARKIDO07

None, most movies based off of games turn out bad. Remember Doom, yeah that turned out like shit becuase they didn't resolve anything, the story of it failed horribly, Silent Hill? Crap. We don't need movies ruining good games. Especially Half-Life.

Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Fax
Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Clean

they should leave videogames just for games only

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#20  Edited By AndrewGaspar

Uncharted movie would work really well.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very true... just wait till the whole series end before that happens though, so the story can be a bit longer/more epic?

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22  Edited By guiseppe

I'd love to see a good Half-Life movie once the story is finished.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crunchUK

what about... rainbow 6 vegas. i can just SEE that being some kind of action film

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

How would they pull off Gordon Freeman? I bet directors would make him speak. Keep it a game I say! Also, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Half-Life:_Uplink_(film)

duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#25  Edited By duxup

Homeworld!

If you've played it you know it both looks great and has a great story.

cann3dheat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#26  Edited By cann3dheat

I'm looking forward to the Bioshock movie. If they manage to fuck that up, I'll have lost all faith in video game movies.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#27  Edited By citizenkane

Of games they aren't already making into movies, I want to see them make a movie based on Mass Effect.

xxNBxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xxNBxx
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By pause422

Mass Effect would be a great Sci -fi world to make a movie Kane I agree, thing is because of the way that game plays out and you make Sheppard really how you want, abilties/decision wise... it would seem a bit awkward in the movie just seeing him take a set path, unless they kind of mixed it up in how his characters behavior is.

jonano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jonano

oh yeah theres one game thats made for a animated movie and thats grimfandango al they need is tim shfer to  write it and pixar or dreaworks to animate it and the original cast most of the cast are not well known so it should be  easy to get them